Page 622 of 772 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I'm with Dirtynun, the depowered fights have run its course and I'm over it. However I did enjoy the issue despite that. I'm loving the Arakko mutants and can read them all day.

Haven't read the Marvels yet, will get to that either on break or later this evening.
    Like didn't he say this was a thing of the past? And that being depowered is not in the future and then BOOOM! this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Given the convo in hellions, it was an absolute necessity for this issue to happen and storm to either kill tarn or for him to gain respect enough that he falls in line. I can definitely see the point about the kind of story but we know he is an omega of biological manipulation so be it god, mutant, alien, he should be able to basically render them inert so i'm okay with it. I don't think we will see this powerless angle again for a bit. Ewing imo was hinting when Storm does let herself break she is in the very world of arrako with that last panel and they don't want it.
    Girl your optimism gives me life! but like it's hard for me to believe when he himself said depowered is a thing of the past. Also why couldn't the hadari yao make an appearance if we are soo concerned with the biological manipulation. This could have been a great way to establish that her divinity transcends her above mere flesh and blood. You know that goddess cred he talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Girl your optimism gives me sustainance but like it's hard fore to believe when he himself said depowered is a thing of the past. Also why couldn't the hadari yao make an appearance if we are soo concerned with the biological manipulation. This could have been a great way to establish that her divinity transcends her above mere flesh and blood. You know that goddess cred he talked about.
    Definitely a guy here, though i am all yeeeeeeeees i will dress as sailor moon girl power though. lol

Beyond that i think it was more of a way not to diminish tarn who many seem to have future plans for. Even if he was fighting thor he could have just turned him human or he could have turned the phoenix into a real chicken. I think when we hear he can reality warp the very body that is how powerful he is suppose to be and sinister who is scared of no one shaking in his boots at tarn who just declared storm is not only a true arrakian but may have been part of amenth sends a clear message through arrako she is not to be messed with. Much more than daily challenges.

He even gave her a name to pronounce her as his equal. Storm the Uncaring.

What i find most interesting is we know Storm effects the weather via her emotions but this unbridled climate of Arrako seems to be feeding her emotions.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-29-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Definitely a guy here, though i am all yeeeeeeeees i will dress as sailor moon girl power though. lol

Beyond that i think it was more of a way not to diminish tarn who many seem to have future plans for. Even if he was fighting thor he could have just turned him human or he could have turned the phoenix into a real chicken. I think when we hear he can reality warp the very body that is how powerful he is suppose to be and sinister who is scared of no one shaking in his boots at tarn who just declared storm is not only a true arrakian but may have been part of amenth sends a clear message through arrako she is not to be messed with. Much more than daily challenges.

He even gave her a name to pronounce her as his equal. Storm the Uncaring.

What i find most interesting is we know Storm effects the weather via her emotions but this unbridled climate of Arrako seems to be feeding her emotions.
    Sailor Jupiter is me and I am her!

The reason why the charachter moments in the book didn't really stand out to me is because all it stated was that storm is a bad bitch. And I know that, we all know that, everyone in marvel knows that maybe tarn needed that. It was also the way the fight ended in a very Callisto ESC manner. Like storm is of amneth ohk? Are we going to do something with that latter cause if not all it reinstates is that storm is a bad bitch which is ororo 101.

Sailor Jupiter is me and I am her!

The reason why the charachter moments in the book didn't really stand out to me is because all it stated was that storm is a bad bitch. And I know that, we all know that, everyone in marvel knows that maybe tarn needed that. It was also the way the fight ended in a very Callisto ESC manner. Like storm is of amneth ohk? Are we going to do something with that latter cause if not all it reinstates is that storm is a bad bitch which is ororo 101.
    I'm hoping it does hint to something. Especially since Tarn can see the genetic makeup of others. He saw that goddess but Ewing is all i got left to look forward to in comics for the rest of the year so i know i'm being extra omptimistic. lol. For all we know Ashake may have passed through arrako before. lol

edit: Jupiter is my third fave. My first is of course Usagi followed by Mars. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I'm hoping it does hint to something. Especially since Tarn can see the genetic makeup of others. He saw that goddess but Ewing is all i got left to look forward to in comics for the rest of the year so i know i'm being extra omptimistic. lol. For all we know Ashake may have passed through arrako before. lol

edit: Jupiter is my third fave. My first is of course Usagi followed by Mars. lol
    Yh that's what I am hoping for that if not even Ashake one of ororo's ancestors went to arakko and even amneth. It would explain sooo much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m just gonna leve this here:
    (The core infusion was enough to increase gravity as well)

https://phys.org/news/2016-12-strong-gravity-mars.html

"This difference in surface gravity is due to a number of factors – mass, density, and radius being the foremost. Even though Mars has almost the same land surface area as Earth, it has only half the diameter and less density than Earth – possessing roughly 15% of Earth's volume and 11% of its mass."

Which means a rock that wasn't even town size isn't going to affect the mass of the planet enough to more than double its gravity. The scans also state likely after the transfusion nowhere did it absolutely did.

Upon more research, you could throw the entire belt into mars and it wouldn't affect 5% of the mass of Mars.

"The good thing about Storm is that her direct power and force of will over the forces and energies that comprise weather can and have superseded the power/force of gravity. Hence her direct control over gaseous elements being enough to pull and contain a sphere of Arakko’s atmosphere with her as she entered the vacuum of space. Ororo did not manipulate the force of gravity, she exceeded the power of gravity with her own power to hold gaseous elements within a confined sphere to traverse space. That is the way I see and interpret what she has done via past canon, scientific conjecture, and what was explicitly stated on the page. If some of you would like to make the connection of Ororo having direct control over atmospheric elements down to the atomic level to such a degree that she can counter gravity and simplify that by suggesting that she just manipulates gravity on a whim now, then by all means that’s is your prerogative. But be weary stating your own preferred head canons, not directly backed by official canon, as fact in other spaces outside of Storm’s appreciation thread, because I can promise you those arguments will not hold water."

Storm exceeded the power of gravity? You're trying to call out headcanons and just made one. When has Storm ever exceeded the force of the universe? I guess Storm is now above the Gravity abstract? Hell, the phoenix force made the gravity in the marvel multiverse with the big bang. I stated she working with gravity as it's a part of her powers and you made up she exceeds it lmao? Do you realize that sphere is made of gases right exactly? Literally says she took an envelope of the atmosphere to space. Everything with mass has gravity.

Last edited by KLY360; 09-29-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Not reading all that miss ma'am but okay girl
    Stay pressed tf don't comment at me if you can't take a response back. Over here pressed about a convo over a fiction character. Get it together.

Yh that's what I am hoping for that if not even Ashake one of ororo's ancestors went to arakko and even amneth. It would explain sooo much.
    If other members of Storm's line felt the need to take her travel through the Serengeti it wouldn't be that hard to believe a few may have passed through arrak on their own walks of whatever manifestation they were experiencing. At the very least there must have been another wind rider in the past. Also i love how Storm is also now a literal weather witch which in my head canon pays homage to her magical abilities. It is not understandable even to reality warpers of biology and his eyes must play a part in his mutation and what he sees and changes thus storm warning.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    https://phys.org/news/2016-12-strong-gravity-mars.html

"This difference in surface gravity is due to a number of factors – mass, density, and radius being the foremost. Even though Mars has almost the same land surface area as Earth, it has only half the diameter and less density than Earth – possessing roughly 15% of Earth's volume and 11% of its mass."

Which means a rock that wasn't even town size isn't going to affect the mass of the planet enough to more than double its gravity. The scans also state likely after the transfusion nowhere did it absolutely did.

Upon more research, you could throw the entire belt into mars and it wouldn't affect 5% of the mass of Mars.
    We don’t know how big the rock was because it’s all just a matter of perspective and artistic representation, anyway if marvel says that’s how thing happened there is little debate to be had, at the end of the day the 616 universe follows his own rules .

"The good thing about Storm is that her direct power and force of will over the forces and energies that comprise weather can and have superseded the power/force of gravity. Hence her direct control over gaseous elements being enough to pull and contain a sphere of Arakko’s atmosphere with her as she entered the vacuum of space. Ororo did not manipulate the force of gravity, she exceeded the power of gravity with her own power to hold gaseous elements within a confined sphere to traverse space. That is the way I see and interpret what she has done via past canon, scientific conjecture, and what was explicitly stated on the page. If some of you would like to make the connection of Ororo having direct control over atmospheric elements down to the atomic level to such a degree that she can counter gravity and simplify that by suggesting that she just manipulates gravity on a whim now, then by all means that’s is your prerogative. But be weary stating your own preferred head canons, not directly backed by official canon, as fact in other spaces outside of Storm’s appreciation thread, because I can promise you those arguments will not hold water."

Storm exceeded the power of gravity? You're trying to call out headcanons and just made one. When has Storm ever exceeded the force of the universe? I guess Storm is now above the Gravity abstract? Hell, the phoenix force made the gravity in the marvel multiverse with the big bang. I stated she working with gravity as it's a part of her powers and you made up she exceeds it lmao? Do you realize that sphere is made of gases right exactly? Literally says she took an envelope of the atmosphere to space. Everything with mass has gravity.
    I just have no Idea who you are talking to here, You must have me mixed with someone else, you sounded kind of aggressive and I stopped reading.
    Last edited by Daedra; 09-29-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Stay pressed tf don't comment at me if you can't take a response back. Over here pressed about a convo over a fiction character. Get it together.
    Not reading that either girlie
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    You just don’t know how big the rock was because it’s all just a matter of perspective and artistic representation, anyway if marvel says that’s how thing happened there is little debate to be had, at the end of the day the 616 universe follows his own rules .
    You can literally pixel scale the rock to the size of Magneto and the size of the hole it made. The asteroid probably wasn't even bigger than a football field aka building level. Putting two Mars together doesn't even equal half the gravity on Earth. Also Marvel also never confirmed that the rock did it. They said "likely" as there was a possibility but uncertain what was confirmed that the asteroid rejuvenated Mars core so the magneto field can hold an atmosphere. The very panel is incorrect about Mars's low gravity it isn't solely because of the density of the core. Lots of other factors are in play. This is why I stated Storm could have possibly manipulated the gravity and looking back it could have been Magneto as he has gravity manipulation.
    Last edited by KLY360; 09-29-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Not reading that either girlie
    I love having people mad. Most definitely read it because you quoted it. Go be bothered somewhere else fad

Fantastic Member

anyway, does anyone know if Storm appeared in The Marvels today?

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed the issue, though I totally understand those that are tired of her being depowered. I love that we get into more into other reasons why I fell in love with the character her strong will and how she won’t just lay don’t regardless of how the odds maybe stacked against her, not showing fear in the face of danger. I truly loved exploring this side of Storm more. Of course I love feats but things like this to me are what define the character you see the layers of her and I’m here for it. I did think she would go goddess but I was happy with what happened. I would not be against the idea of her going full elemental, that opening was so beautiful.