Page 623 of 772 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    I love having people mad. Most definitely read it because you quoted it. Go be bothered somewhere else fad
    I'm not reading this either ��
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    We don’t know how big the rock was because it’s all just a matter of perspective and artistic representation, anyway if marvel says that’s how thing happened there is little debate to be had, at the end of the day the 616 universe follows his own rules .

I just have no Idea who you are talking to here, You must have me mixed with someone else, you sounded kind of aggressive and I stopped reading.
    They are attempting a response to me I fear, which is unnecessary as I stated everyone’s own personal headcanon is their own prerogative. If one wants to measure a picture visually and compare asteroids to a football field that is entirely their right. However, as you so succinctly put, when things are stated to be, in canon by the writer of the book, there is little debate to be had or taken seriously. Whether you want to believe that Ororo developed Gravikinesis overnight or that she has such fine tuned control over atmospheric elements that she can defy gravity’s pull by taking breathable air past the boundaries of Arakko’s atmosphere, either way what matters is that she did it. That can never be taken away from her now.

Secondly! I enjoyed SWORD 8 today to be sure, just not as much as I thought I would. After seeing it with Callisto and then Death earlier this year, the emotional impact of seeing her overcome the hindrance of not having her powers to overcome an obstacle has become a bit muted. Some of the wording in the foreshadowing towards the end was also a bit vague/confusing. All in all, excited to see where she goes from here in her new role with the established respect of her people. Looking forward to all of the creative power usages that Ewing alluded to and also seeing her become integrated into some kind of substantial and important storyline going forward. 8/10
    Last edited by Ororo101; 09-29-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    anyway, does anyone know if Storm appeared in The Marvels today?
    She did. This issue showed her firmly implanted as the "thor" of the main trio of with cap and iron man.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed the issue, though I totally understand those that are tired of her being depowered. I love that we get into more into other reasons why I fell in love with the character her strong will and how she won’t just lay don’t regardless of how the odds maybe stacked against her, not showing fear in the face of danger. I truly loved exploring this side of Storm more. Of course I love feats but things like this to me are what define the character you see the layers of her and I’m here for it. I did think she would go goddess but I was happy with what happened. I would not be against the idea of her going full elemental, that opening was so beautiful.
    I don’t think you’re in the minority. We got to see Ororo use her powers in fun ways throughout the issue, adapt to Arrakki culture, and have some introspective character moments. It’s so rare for us to see Storm at the center of a story and we can get feats at literally any time.

I enjoyed the issue and loved how powerful Storm came off. The Great Ring is a fun bunch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I enjoyed the issue and loved how powerful Storm came off. The Great Ring is a fun bunch.
    I loved how much detail we got on their roles and how each season plays into a larger function of Arraki culture. The Quiet Council could take some notes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She did. This issue showed her firmly implanted as the "thor" of the main trio of with cap and iron man.
    Oh thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    They are attempting a response to me I fear, which is unnecessary as I stated everyone’s own personal headcanon is their own prerogative. If one wants to measure a picture visually and compare asteroids to a football field that is entirely their right. However, as you so succinctly put, when things are stated to be, in canon by the writer of the book, there is little debate to be had or taken seriously. Whether you want to believe that Ororo developed Gravikinesis overnight or that she has such fine tuned control over atmospheric elements that she can defy gravity’s pull by taking breathable air past the boundaries of Arakko’s atmosphere, either way what matters is that she did it. That can never be taken away from her now.

Secondly! I enjoyed SWORD 8 today to be sure, just not as much as I thought I would. After seeing it with Callisto and then Death earlier this year, the emotional impact of seeing her overcome the hindrance of not having her powers to overcome an obstacle has become a bit muted. Some of the wording in the foreshadowing towards the end was also a bit vague/confusing. All in all, excited to see where she goes from here in her new role with the established respect of her people. Looking forward to all of the creative power usages that Ewing alluded to and also seeing her become integrated into some kind of substantial and important storyline going forward. 8/10
    I agree on all accounts and I really appreciate how well balanced your stance is in relation to Ororo’s power applications.
    Your post made me reflect on all the instances where we witnessed Ororo having to fight an opponent in physical duel, at this point basically it has became a trope of the character…… someone should make a list, it would be very fun and a trip down memory lane.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t think you’re in the minority. We got to see Ororo use her powers in fun ways throughout the issue, adapt to Arrakki culture, and have some introspective character moments. It’s so rare for us to see Storm at the center of a story and we can get feats at literally any time.
    Agreed, I loved the issue and it was a nice reminder of why Storm is such a great character to read when she's written well. Sure, her powers are impressive, but it's not about that. It's hard to top Punk Storm+the outback run and she didn't even have powers for most of that time.

Mighty Member

I loved this issue. I think the impact of the no powers is about the Arakki are all about their powers. You’re weak and nothing without them. A human. The difference between the other times we have seen Storm do this is with people that haven’t been all about their powers and being Omega mutants. This was to show that she won’t be broken by them, her strength and these omega mutants thinking that because she’s powerless that she is not strong as them. She proved the strength of her character. She’s a fighter. A warrior. More so than maybe even any of the Arakkii, because she has been powerless and has been a leader. If any of them lost their powers, how would they do at surviving? Probably not well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I loved this issue. I think the impact of the no powers is about the Arakki are all about their powers. You’re weak and nothing without them. A human. The difference between the other times we have seen Storm do this is with people that haven’t been all about their powers and being Omega mutants. This was to show that she won’t be broken by them, her strength and these omega mutants thinking that because she’s powerless that she is not strong as them. She proved the strength of her character. She’s a fighter. A warrior. More so than maybe even any of the Arakkii, because she has been powerless and has been a leader. If any of them lost their powers, how would they do at surviving? Probably not well.
    For me, I think if she hadn't been depowered in marauders or the fight with death, I would have enjoyed this issue more because it seems.like the depowering is becoming a recurring thing. Also, I was asking that same question, if any of the Arakki lost their powers how would they cope?

Hopefully she proved what she needed to and this is her last depowered fight.

Side-note: I did have the song "I'm Every Woman" in my head while reading the issue
    Last edited by Sunny; 09-29-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    For me, I think if she hadn't been depowered in marauders or the fight with death, I would have enjoyed this issue more because it seems.like the depowering is becoming a recurring thing. Also, I was asking that same question, if any of the Arakki lost their powers how would they cope?

Hopefully she proved what she needed to and this is her last depowered fight.

Side-note: I did have the song "I'm Every Woman" in my head while reading the issue
    not gone lie. I enjoyed the issue but put me in with the camp of readers who are over the powerless storm having to remind people she can get stuff done without her powers. I think in this moment it was much more powerful than the previous two as this was a demonstration to an entire nation that regardless of what perceived handicap the see her having she will still fight on but I'm still over it lol.

Nevertheless it was a good issue. Some of my highlights:

- Able to survive in space by utilizing atmosphere bubble
    - All Around Us title where she gets special vote/consideration at the arrakii council
    - Cat-like reflexes asked to catch a knife thrown at her by surprise
    - Won the Arrako queen title by defeating a shape-shifter in 1on1 battle
    - Flash froze instantaneously an arrakoan made of pure lava
    - Defeared tarn without her powers
    - Created a face of herself in the clouds showing how skillful and intricate her abilities are

Overall good read and looking forward to goddess storm making an appearance.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I agree on all accounts and I really appreciate how well balanced your stance is in relation to Ororo’s power applications.
    Your post made me reflect on all the instances where we witnessed Ororo having to fight an opponent in physical duel, at this point basically it has became a trope of the character…… someone should make a list, it would be very fun and a trip down memory lane.
    Well thank you very much! I appreciate you saying that. You know, I know we all have different versions of who and what we want Storm to be in our minds. I try to respect that. I know there are Storm fans who would prefer her be less powerful just because they prefer more grounded, team based stories for her and others on the flip side who’d be happy if she became one the universal abstracts or a modern day, living, breathing Elder Goddess avatar lol. Personally, I love her being exceedingly powerful in all the ways that relate to her base powers, just expanded and branched out to extraordinarily creative means. I love her being a Goddess and the doors that opens up for stories and development for her. However I do prefer Ororo’s powers to stay within the massive realms she already occupies. The natural forces that directly relate to weather, elements, electro-magnetic forces, thermodynamic modulation, life force, natural empathy, cosmic, solar, and spiritual innate connections, etc. That is what makes her “Storm” to me. Others are not wrong for wanting more or less but canon showings and interpretations are the bedrock of my beliefs, good or bad, and I try to always keep in line with those despite admittedly wanting more most of the time. My own conjecture will never hold up in arguments or explanations without the direct panel evidence to back it up, so I stear clear of arguing things that could be in her wheelhouse theoretically but haven’t been shown or expressed.

Lmao and yes someone should make that list! Don’t get me wrong, I love knowing that she can drag you for filth in 50 different ways without her powers. I love that unlike so many female powerhouses she can fight and hold her ground against all but the most advanced martial artists. I love her strength of spirit and indomitable will and passion for life and unbreakable courage being put on display to show the depth of her character outside of wind and lightning. It’s just become an often repeated trope, especially within the last year or so(also remember the Russian soldier who depowered her in Marauders who got a vibranium knife to the eye), and I’d like for them to show other ways of defining her character traits. Like when she had to fly a plane on her winds for hours and thousands of miles, while injured and exhausted, to a safe landing in order to save someone’s life who was in need of an organ transplant. Utilizing her powers in ways that show her unbreakable spirit as well. I guess I was hoping for more of that.

The issue did have a sorta "been there, done that" kinda feel with her having to once again throw down with hands, but was still great nonetheless. Wish the art was better though. It was looking mighty rough in some panels. Like Storm, please lay down the pipe kinda rough. Hoping future issues are more polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Love this and great point! Arakki probably really don’t know how to function powerless. So much so that they refer to their mutant powers as their “mutant weapons”. That also explains why they see humans as effectively worthless, because they are “weapon-less” which to a warlike society may as well be useless. I’m sure Ororo not feeling helpless in the face of power stripping was a shock to most of them. Definitely puts her a head above them all and certainly garners their respect for her.