Page 626 of 772 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 11576

One thing that I liked about Ewing is his Storm does not speak with contractions. That's always a tell if someone really knows Storm or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I have to say that I love how this issue had a little bit for everyone, can’t wait to lean more about the lethal legion as well….the art is the weakest element so far but the writing could certainly make up for it if it were to pick up a bit of pace, S.w.o.r.d. has suffered a lot due to fragmentation in the narrative flaw and that’s a total shame.

Here I made a little collage of Storm’s famous duels, I’m probably forgetting a lot of them but these are the main ones I could think of….

Sword I felt it started to increase as sales, after this issue, I hope it gets better now, Al Ewing is doing a good job.

Ah, that challenge with Tarn,I felt I had the same style as the X-treme tournament, they altered her biology and appearance to appear like a monster in both comics, maybe that's why lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This issue was boss. Storm didn't go around just talking hot air nor threats. She walked in and discipline the $#!+ out of Tarn. Does Storm now hold two seats now due to the win or was this a slap on the wrist to Tarn?

Also seeing that version of her face in clouds should be a warning to us. Storm is on Arriko and I think she likes it.
    Yes, she showed what she came for, and pranks are not one of them! As for Tarn, I don't think so, they were fighting for Storm's seat (which, by the way, should have shown more of her fight against that other Storm) But he ended up giving up, and also Tarn is very important to Arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I was offended too ..lol.. But hopefully the art gets better.
    Wait -- you mean the artist will stay? Ummm it took me more than 8 hours to get use to the "art" -- and we are not talking yet about the transfigurations that I wasnt ready for -- and went on without warnings -- well if he does yup at least the "art" improves --

What it took for me to at least not pull out my hair on Storm's alien/ transfigured (is that the right term) form
    If I survived Kerrigan's transformation then I can survive Storm's potential DNA altered (as hinted/teased as plot) form -- prolly not the type of evolution Ive been thinking for years bur its not a bad idea that she does "become" somehow of Arakki in physical too -- but hopefully they give it to the right artist -- this one does not sit well on me since I personally wasnt ready and yup it takes time (at least) to get use to this -- and the artist confused the hell out of those panels -- if it happens hopefully the artist is really talented i had to go back to xtreme xmen to wash my eyes of it -- and when I still couldnt sleep I played Kerrigan video to make peace with what I just saw -- hey some people has triggers ahaha
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 09-30-2021 at 05:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I don't think he has altered the Storm's genetic structure. she had a checkup
    When he said that she's probably from Amenth, I connected with the fact that she has a mystical heritage and that her mutated powers don't represent even 10% of her full potential. He questions her if she could win without her mutated powers and her facial expression of confidence and confidence coupled with the sarcasm of someone who was about to reply "but it's obvious" is all.
    Nahh the more I read the issue the more I am convinced he really did do something to her I don't think it was enhancement more like a push towards awakening. Like I look at when wizkid and frenzy were saying she is genetically the same, storm poses the question to khora whose eyes were glowing red and smiling. As it was established during ororo's fight with caldarek earlier, that khora's eyes glowing red allows her to see things on another level and she manipulates life force. I believe he did something or awakened something in her because that amneth comment really didn't come out of nowhere he said it after resetting her after looking inside. And he looked a bit scared worried and intrigued and this is a man that created beings that can end the universe easily. I also thought back to the xos event and the death card which indicates metamorphosis. I think this is going to lead to storm undergoing a big change in regards to her power and how she operates also her mindset. Because she did say when storms break they reveal their true face. In the begining she also says she is omega and more. Maybe the more is related to amneth in someway.

The best part of this issue for me was storm and her relationship to the arakko in full display. They fit sooo well and this just solidified why they need their own book to tell both their story. For storm is an arakkii.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Nahh the more I read the issue the more I am convinced he really did do something to her I don't think it was enhancement more like a push towards awakening. Like I look at when wizkid and frenzy were saying she is genetically the same, storm poses the question to khora whose eyes were glowing red and smiling. As it was established during ororo's fight with caldarek earlier, that khora's eyes glowing red allows her to see things on another level and she manipulates life force. I believe he did something or awakened something in her because that amneth comment really didn't come out of nowhere he said it after resetting her after looking inside. And he looked a bit scared worried and intrigued and this is a man that created beings that can end the universe easily. I also thought back to the xos event and the death card which indicates metamorphosis. I think this is going to lead to storm undergoing a big change in regards to her power and how she operates also her mindset. Because she did say when storms break they reveal their true face. In the begining she also says she is omega and more. Maybe the more is related to amneth in someway.

The best part of this issue for me was storm and her relationship to the arakko in full display. They fit sooo well and this just solidified why they need their own book to tell both their story. For storm is an arakkii.
    Yes, but why would he "improve" Storm's biology when he had his eye on the title of Regent of Arakko? It makes no sense for a man who wanted to deny her to favor her in a certain way, having the opportunity to end her life, unless he has done something harmful and not beneficial. But I don't think so, if he was referring to her mystical abilities, it wouldn't make any difference do for him to change her genetic code, nor for harm or favor it. The magic is beyond your DNA ...

I finally had time to sit down and read the issue.

Things I liked:
    -Storm being able to survive in space without outside aide.
    -Storm showing all who doubted her that even when powerless and PAINFULLY disfigured she is still the baddest b1tch in all the 9 realms.
    -The instant blizzard that snuffed out the volcano mutant. Haven't seen Storm use cold attacks in ages!
    -The clone fight. I'm really hoping Ewing circles back to that since the last time Storm fought herself it was an epic battle.
    -Yet another title to add to the list- Storm: The Uncaring.

Things I didn't like:
    -The "art". Dearest mother of all the gods! PLEASSSSSE!
    -Again with the depowering to show off her "badassness". I 1000% understand what he was trying to do on both parts, establish Storm's strength to the Arakkii and to any new readers (?) who may not be failure with Storm outside of the of X-Men.

Things I'm unsure of:
    -Tarn.

I want to like him because holy sh!t his power is amazing, lol. But I hate that with a flip of a switch he can totally screw Storm or basically anyone over.

Side note: I'd like to see him go against Elixir in terms of biology manipulation.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Yes, but why would he "improve" Storm's biology when he had his eye on the title of Regent of Arakko? It makes no sense for a man who wanted to deny her to favor her in a certain way, having the opportunity to end her life, unless he has done something harmful and not beneficial. But I don't think so, if he was referring to her mystical abilities, it wouldn't make any difference do for him to change her genetic code, nor for harm or favor it. The magic is beyond your DNA ...
    Tarn is a dangerous being and he loves danger. The more unstable and powerful something is the more interesting it is to him. Hence why his locus vile are soo powerful one can eat all time and can only be destroyed by a full on black hole. I think when he looked into storm he saw something more than omega power something that even transcends that. Hence why he said of amneth because amneth is home to the eldritch in marvel and eldritch is a whole can of worms soo extreme the induce madness in gods and man alike. I know amneth is home to gods too but eldritch are the only beings known to intrigue or even scare gods totally and tarn is also a god.

From Isca, tarn spent alot of time in amneth. I don't think storm is decended from an eldritch primordial but possessing something greater than even an omega power is stuff of nightmares even for a god like tarn. Hopefully we get a deeper dive into what tarn saw or possibly unlocked as khora was smiling and looking at storm when she asked if he had tampered with her. And he had a questionable expression on his face as he left her in the circle. Also remember xos marauders where someone said there was a power in storm that was more than the weather stuff. A power that gave him utter assurance that no matter what they would be saved. I don't think that was a simple metaphor I think that power is what knull might have been referring too when
    he said she was the most powerful of all his avatars even the omega level charachters and full blown gods like cosmic Thor, hulk and Dr strange, the void....etc.

There is something there maybe the hadari yao or the godhead is not all it seems but something much much much different much older.

Or maybe I am reaching, anyways I still think it's worth discussing.

Also a good example of an eldritch is the black winter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Things I liked:
    -Storm showing all who doubted her that even when powerless and PAINFULLY disfigured she is still the baddest b1tch in all the 9 realms.
    -The instant blizzard that snuffed out the volcano mutant. Haven't seen Storm use cold attacks in ages!
    -The clone fight. I'm really hoping Ewing circles back to that since the last time Storm fought herself it was an epic battle.

Things I didn't like:
    -Again with the depowering to show off her "badassness". I 1000% understand what he was trying to do on both parts, establish Storm's strength to the Arakkii and to any new readers (?) who may not be failure with Storm outside of the of X-Men.

Things I'm unsure of:
    -Tarn.

I want to like him because holy sh!t his power is amazing, lol. But I hate that with a flip of a switch he can totally screw Storm or basically anyone over.

Side note: I'd like to see him go against Elixir in terms of biology manipulation.

He would beat elixr he is not only more adept but also much smarter. Also I think tarn is more gene manipulation rather than biology as a whole. Whilst I think elixr is more healing and destruction. I like tarn and his power it's easily the most overpowered when you think about it. Also lodus logos can literally manipulate reality with his words! The arakii omega mutants are insane!

I loved when he conferred his own title to storm. That might be the biggest sign of respect tarn has ever shown.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-30-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

Things I liked:

Things I didn't like:

Things I'm unsure of:
    -Tarn.

Ok so Tarns power is not biological manipulation. Elixir is the omega in that field. There’s no one stronger.
    Tarns power is specifically “mutant genetic manipulation” so he can manipulate the biology of any mutant so technically he would beat Elixir in a fight only because his mutant genetic manipulation is stronger.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 09-30-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

He would beat elixr he is not only more adept but also much smarter. Also I think tarn is more gene manipulation rather than biology as a whole. Whilst I think elixr is more healing and destruction. I like tarn and his power it's easily the most overpowered when you think about it. Also lodus logos can literally manipulate reality with his words! The arakii omega mutants are insane!

I loved when he conferred his own title to storm. That might be the biggest sign of respect tarn has ever shown.
    Yeah, I was just curious lol. Say if he didn't un-do what he did to Storm, would Elixir be able to fix her without her having to go through the resurrections process.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Ok so Tarns power is not biological manipulation. Elixir is the omega in that field. There’s no one stronger.
    Tarns power is specifically “mutant genetic manipulation” so he can manipulate the biology of any mutant so technically he would beat Elixir in a fight only because his mutant genetic manipulation is stronger.
    Ahh I see, thank you for that clarification.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Things I liked:

Things I didn't like:

Things I'm unsure of:
    -Tarn.

I thought the sword fight with herself is what she saw when she caught the knife, thus the whole "captured the essence" thing. There's a beast in storm waiting to get out. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Tarn is a dangerous being and he loves danger. The more unstable and powerful something is the more interesting it is to him. Hence why his locus vile are soo powerful one can eat all time and can only be destroyed by a full on black hole. I think when he looked into storm he saw something more than omega power something that even transcends that. Hence why he said of amneth because amneth is home to the eldritch in marvel and eldritch is a whole can of worms soo extreme the induce madness in gods and man alike. I know amneth is home to gods too but eldritch are the only beings known to intrigue or even scare gods totally and tarn is also a god.

From Isca, tarn spent alot of time in amneth. I don't think storm is decended from an eldritch primordial but possessing something greater than even an omega power is stuff of nightmares even for a god like tarn. Hopefully we get a deeper dive into what tarn saw or possibly unlocked as khora was smiling and looking at storm when she asked if he had tampered with her. And he had a questionable expression on his face as he left her in the circle. Also remember xos marauders where someone said there was a power in storm that was more than the weather stuff. A power that gave him utter assurance that no matter what they would be saved. I don't think that was a simple metaphor I think that power is what knull might have been referring too when
    he said she was the most powerful of all his avatars even the omega level charachters and full blown gods like cosmic Thor, hulk and Dr strange, the void....etc.

There is something there maybe the hadari yao or the godhead is not all it seems but something much much much different much older.

Or maybe I am reaching, anyways I still think it's worth discussing.

Also a good example of an eldritch is the black winter.
    So, according to Wiz-Kid everything was ok with Storm, and when Frenzy questions if he has leveled up like her skills, changed her age and stuff like that, she claims no because she would be an insult, and that despite knowing that the Arakko's people expect a lot from a leader, she was fine as she was, and said she knows a storm even broken (i believe she was talking about herself, figuratively). Storm knows herself better than anyone, she knows when something's wrong, both with her and with her abilities. About Tarn seeing something in her, I also follow the same line of reasoning, that's why he didn't kill her, maybe because he realized he couldn't or there would be big consequences, it's still sub-understood. I hope that in the future Ewing will have time to explain this plot in a more elaborate way, it needs an unfolding. It piqued readers' curiosity, now we're all wondering what Storm's connection to Amenth is, and why Tarn entertained the hypothesis that she was a creature belonging to such a realm.
    But perhaps you may be right, as there is some basis in what you say. But I don't know why, I still think this puzzle is missing pieces.
    Last edited by Amazona dos ventos; 09-30-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought the sword fight with herself is what she saw when she caught the knife, thus the whole "captured the essence" thing. There's a beast in storm waiting to get out. Lol
    I would be happy to see it come out and play. I mean the last time we really saw Storm go all out has been how long? Rogue Storm?

I have a question for the Storm thread. In the S.W.O.R.D. #8 review thread a few posters (or maybe just one) mentioned that when Tarn took away Storm's mutant abilities she should have used her goddess abilities. I know she is a goddess but I did not know she had abilities associated with that title/state. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how her goddess abilities differ from her mutant abilities please? Thanks in advance.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I have a question for the Storm thread. In the S.W.O.R.D. #8 review thread a few posters (or maybe just one) mentioned that when Tarn took away Storm's mutant abilities she should have used her goddess abilities. I know she is a goddess but I did not know she had abilities associated with that title/state. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how her goddess abilities differ from her mutant abilities please? Thanks in advance.
    Friend this is a question that is intriguing us. We are raising hypotheses, and one of them is that Storm did not see the need to use her divine powers because she herself claims that just a knife would be enough to end his life, the second of the hypotheses is that he realized he could not kill storm as there is much more to her than just her mutant powers, her mystical side for example... that's why he said that she probably also belongs to Amenth.