Page 632 of 772 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I see, that is an interesting detail but weren’t her eyes also glowing/red when she saw Ororo arrive at the Circle Perilous? I didn’t think she was using her powers then because I thought her power was mutant power amplification and energy transferral, so I didn’t see how it would apply in these situations if being used. Also in all other appearances we’ve seen her and on her Marvel data page she normally has black eyes with red irises. So I wonder why the artist here rendered her with brown irises in the beginning?

Also I read Storm’s question to Khora as being more rhetorical than an actual question so maybe that also explains why I saw it differently. She wasn’t looking for an answer, it was more of an affirmative statement in the form of a rhetorical question that Khora gave a silent smile to as a response. Which is why Ororo just kept talking afterwards and didn’t wait for her to answer.
    Go back to where storm was fighting calderak. Khora's eyes. Went from gold to red and she saw things frenzy couldn't Iike a snowflake. This was for shadowing as the next time we see her with these eyes storm is asking her about if tarn has tampered with her in anyway.
    Attachment 114313

Attachment 114314

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Go back to where storm was fighting calderak. Khora's eyes. Went from gold to red and she saw things frenzy couldn't Iike a snowflake. This was for shadowing as the next time we see her with these eyes storm is asking her about if tarn has tampered with her in anyway.
    Attachment 114313

Attachment 114314
    No yeah, I saw that! That’s why I said I wonder why the artist rendered her eyes gold/brown in the beginning, because in previous SWORD, X-men, and the Cable: Reloaded issue her eyes were always black with red irises. Whether she was using her powers or not. So it’s a bit confusing.

Also if you look closer at the two pages, Khora eyes are fully red and bright in the panel where she notices Ororo. In the panel at the end her eyes look more normal for her with black surrounding the red irises. So even those two don’t look completely the same. So I guess we’ll see! It’d be interesting to see if Khora has any sinister motives when it comes to Storm, that’s just not the vibe I’m getting. Just curious, what do you think Khora could be doing with her powers at the end? Are her powers not power augmentation and energy transferral?

To be honest the art for this issue was full of inconsistencies, maybe there’s some underlying plot point that may explain it all but As it stands I feel like we are reading too much into it……. Ooooh well time will tell
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

One thing i have to say i'm happy about, i'm glad all Ewing has to do is fill in the blanks. Our girl is one of the few characters who hasn't had to go through retcon after retcon after retcon to be what she was. her potential was always their we saw it in rogue storm and i hope it gets explored to the max. All this NEW history characters have to get to remain relevant and she still doing it, even when they weren't putting the story out there. I mean even in this era if we honest we barely saw her but she is a character that makes every appearance matter.

And i'm not touching that monkey stuff with a ten foot pole. The mystique pic was kind of blantant because she was changing into an ape and never had etnic features but ya'll doing too much there.

edit: i am going to touch it. It shows absolute blatant ignorance imo. And how some look at things from face value and see color and hop on that bandwagon. Monkeys don't even have lips let alone full ones, they have wide mouths. And i have never seen a black person, not saying they don't exist, gather close to that much hair on any part of their body. And that's all i'm going to say.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-01-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One thing i have to say i'm happy about, i'm glad all Ewing has to do is fill in the blanks. Our girl is one of the few characters who hasn't had to go through retcon after retcon after retcon to be what she was. her potential was always their we saw it in rogue storm and i hope it gets explored to the max. All this NEW history characters have to get to remain relevant and she still doing it, even when they weren't putting the story out there. I mean even in this era if we honest we barely saw her but she is a character that makes every appearance matter.

And i'm not touching that monkey stuff with a ten foot pole. The mystique pic was kind of blantant because she was changing into an ape and never had etnic features but ya'll doing too much there.

edit: i am going to touch it. It shows absolute blatant ignorance imo. And how some look at things from face value and see color and hop on that bandwagon. Monkeys don't even have lips let alone full ones, they have wide mouths. And i have never seen a black person, not saying they don't exist, gather close to that much hair on any part of their body. And that's all i'm going to say.
    Excellent point in the bold. Its what I appreciate about her mythos that from the very beginning she was powerful, in full control of her abilities and a "goddess".
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Excellent point in the bold. Its what I appreciate about her mythos that from the very beginning she was powerful, in full control of her abilities and a "goddess".
    Marvel full on acknowledging her divinity was always going to be a thing that happens. She gets named here and there but Hadari yao hasn't made any major appearances only for like a few panels on two issues. It's not a matter of if but when and I would like them to hurry on with it and do so in my lifetime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be honest the art for this issue was full of inconsistencies, maybe there’s some underlying plot point that may explain it all but As it stands I feel like we are reading too much into it……. Ooooh well time will tell
    Like I said maybe I am tripping but Ewing is too much of a master writer to leave such glaring inconsistencies something is bubbling in the pot I can feel it. The only thing that makes me weary is that something though pleasant will still be unexpected and might throw some of us off.

Dautterman does am ethnic storm and poc mutants without making then look like pseudo monkeys. The artist is bad end of story. She looked different from panel to panel.
    Wow. Ya'll be saying some crazy **** on here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Wow. Ya'll be saying some crazy **** on here.
    Excuse me but where is the lie? The panel where she arrives to the circle perilous to fight tarn and the last panels as she is in the rain are especially atrocious. As a black person it really threw me off and triggered me. The artist should go take it easy when drawing ethnic features because from the looks of khora ND Isca he can do a better job than he did with storm.

Excuse me but where is the lie? The panel where she arrives to the circle perilous to fight tarn and the last panels as she is in the rain are especially atrocious. As a black person it really threw me off and triggered me. The artist should go take it easy when drawing ethnic features because from the looks of khora ND Isca he can do a better job than he did with storm.
    So how does a full lip, brown skinned, hairless black woman look like a monkey. As a fellow black person i worry for you if you look at a book with our features that some may look close to that in real life and your thought was similar color, ignore the anatomy and what i know of my own people and how we actually look. I mean saying you don't expect Storm to look like that is one thing but to feel there is some real truth in such a statement makes me feel you need to hear your beautiful.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Attachment 114315

Look at this art and tell me it's a proper representation of black features. Like her face literally morphs between panels. The artist didn't do a good job end of story! They should fore them and get a better one cause this **** is borderline offensive.

Attachment 114315

Look at this art and tell me it's a proper representation of black features. Like her face literally morphs between panels. The artist didn't do a good job end of story! They should fore them and get a better one cause this **** is borderline offensive.
    Yes the features were all over the place but i would have thought swollen faced older black woman, not the animal you were trained to connect your own kind to when it literally makes no sense both scientifically and visually.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes the features were all over the place but i would have thought swollen faced older black woman, not the animal you were trained to connect your own kind to when it literally makes no sense both scientifically and visually.
    Yh because storm is a swollen faced middle aged woman? The art is bad the artist needs to go end of story don't drag this longer than it needs to go so a better one can replace him cause this simply ain't it.

Also this is the same thing I saw with jeans face during grant Morrison's run some of the art was horrendous and she looked like botched house elf from Harry Potter.

I live in Africa I am aware of black people's very varied facial features but this ain't it it looks bad and borderline animalistic. I haven't even brought the panel where she arrives to the circle to fight tarn cause that just looks abominable.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-01-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Yh because storm is a swollen faced middle aged woman? The art is bad the artist needs to go end of story don't drag this longer than it needs to go so a better one can replace him cause this simply ain't it.

Also this is the same thing I saw with jeans face during grant Morrison's run some of the art was horrendous and she looked like botched house elf from Harry Potter.

I live in Africa I am aware of black people's very varied facial features but this ain't it it looks bad and borderline animalistic. I haven't even brought the panel where she arrives to the circle to fight tarn cause that just looks abominable.
    That explains it a bit. I can see how someone from Africa can have a westernized view of how black people can be viewed because they wish it and i get where you were coming from now.

Yes the art was inconsistent, and yes i understand that you would prefer another artist. I think the artist has potential but i can get your offense abstractly.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

At the end of the day I think it's a good thing that the worst thing people can say about the issue is that the art was trash.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation