Page 638 of 772 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 11576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Uh, Storm ceasing to use its cold and ice related powers, to letting the Iceman use it... Ugh, I don't know.
    Well I mean the way Storm's powers work there's a plethora of other ways a good writer can express her powers. And Iceman IS an Omega when it comes negative temperature manipulation. What I'm saying is there's room for both character's to exist in the team heck this era has all been about Mutant Circuit's and Storm and Iceman kinda did that in Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Blerd = black nerd. The "without fear" part is a Daredevil (?) reference.
    ok see ya i'm kind of a nerd but i'm not a square so I guess that's why I never even heard of the word "blerd" until him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe that's why Ewing got in that badass snowflake moment right away. Honestly she can do so much with her other powers and space weather that I'm not that concerned.
    I thought it was amazing, especially when this mutant was omega!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or rather than can do more with their combination. I don't see one as having to take away from another that is all on the writer not the characters. If i could i would add crystal to the team personally. As far as similarities Aero has wind powers in the marvels but i don't feel that takes away from storm i actually look forward to seeing how someone who specializes in wind are developing their powers or how human torch is on the team as well and am looking forward to potential combos with storm and what they can teach each other. may not actually happen but i've already thought of like a hundred positive ways it could and tha'ts why i read these stories.
    Unfortunately that's not what happens in the comics, and honestly I can't see what the two can do together when they can do it alone, several times I've seen the writers restricting the Storm's powers, for another mutant or character to perform, I don't like it very much, I think frustrating.

Even in the Coates run, he gave the excuse that Storm was exhausted and needed Monica to bring down a ship, which the two of them could do on their own, although I understand it was about collective work and such, but it's still frustrating lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well I mean the way Storm's powers work there's a plethora of other ways a good writer can express her powers. And Iceman IS an Omega when it comes negative temperature manipulation. What I'm saying is there's room for both character's to exist in the team heck this era has all been about Mutant Circuit's and Storm and Iceman kinda did that in Marauders.
    Marauders.. Storm was a joke, the strength and impotence she is, I find it very disrespectful to the way Duggan treated her in this title. I really enjoy seeing Storm perform cold-related powers, I would love to see her go down to absolute zero, and even though Bobby is omega in this power class, I can see the two of them having the same level (in negative temperature handling, not them secient lives and Bobby's semi-immortality), and of course some disagree, not least because his powers over the cold were too little applied, so the Iceman used more.

Although Al Ewing is being better than Duggan writing the Storm, so anyway, I trust him, but it's likely that Storm doesn't accomplish much using cold and ice, thanks to Bobby, even though it makes up for the other abilities she has.

I thought it was amazing, especially when this mutant was omega!

Unfortunately that's not what happens in the comics, and honestly I can't see what the two can do together when they can do it alone, several times I've seen the writers restricting the Storm's powers, for another mutant or character to perform, I don't like it very much, I think frustrating.

Even in the Coates run, he gave the excuse that Storm was exhausted and needed Monica to bring down a ship, which the two of them could do on their own, although I understand it was about collective work and such, but it's still frustrating lol

Marauders.. Storm was a joke, the strength and impotence she is, I find it very disrespectful to the way Duggan treated her in this title. I really enjoy seeing Storm perform cold-related powers, I would love to see her go down to absolute zero, and even though Bobby is omega in this power class, I can see the two of them having the same level (in negative temperature handling, not them secient lives and Bobby's semi-immortality), and of course some disagree, not least because his powers over the cold were too little applied, so the Iceman used more.

Although Al Ewing is being better than Duggan writing the Storm, so anyway, I trust him, but it's likely that Storm doesn't accomplish much using cold and ice, thanks to Bobby, even though it makes up for the other abilities she has.
    I feel like the exact opposite. lol. Like i feel Duggan kept Storm safe during the whole HOX/POx, i mean hickman writes one hell of a storm but i just don't see her on his big map of things and i think Duggan kept her safe and that was elevated by vita, and eventually Ewing came in to cement it. granted that is a lot of head canon but having read pretty much every issue of everything since this run started i could sort of feel the shifts in stories imo and even Percy picked up on Duggan's take of Storm and wrote the hell out of her. So i get how people may thing duggan treated Storm with disrespect but in fact imo he is the saving grace this character needed and he made sure to set her up and i think others on the team wanted it to happen to and supported it.

I don't think anyone has showed that love for Ororo this much outside of Claremont since Greg Pak solo which i really really wish he would get a second shot at if they won't give ewing an official storm solo because she just deserves it. I'm not even saying that as a storm fan but she does.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-04-2021 at 07:35 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I feel like the exact opposite. lol. Like i feel Duggan kept Storm safe during the whole HOX/POx, i mean hickman writes one hell of a storm but i just don't see her on his big map of things and i think Duggan kept her safe and that was elevated by vita, and eventually Ewing came in to cement it. granted that is a lot of head canon but having read pretty much every issue of everything since this run started i could sort of feel the shifts in stories imo and even Percy picked up on Duggan's take of Storm and wrote the hell out of her. So i get how people may thing duggan treated Storm with disrespect but in fact imo he is the saving grace this character needed and he made sure to set her up and i think others on the team wanted it to happen to and supported it.

I don't think anyone has showed that love for Ororo this much outside of Claremont since Greg Pak solo which i really really wish he would get a second shot at if they won't give ewing an official storm solo because she just deserves it. I'm not even saying that as a storm fan but she does.
    I feel like they didn't use their full potential in the beginning and middle of Hox/Pox, unfortunately she was one of the few who were only, just by her name in QC, not like Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Emma, ​​who in the comics it showed them using their positions to move the "sticks" in the plot, lol, if you know what I mean.

With the news that Storm had already been chosen to be Regent of Arakko at the beginning of the Hickman Age (of course not so sharply, just the news that she would be one of the standouts in this new Era..) I feel like it's time to decide where the characters would be, for me she was one of the last characters when it came time to put her in some title and then shove her into Marauders, just to not leave her off, Duggan wrote her for writing (her last issue, I liked it, I wanted it to be that way in all her appearances in this title), I know he recognizes that Ororo is an iconic and popular character, but he didn't use her potential, so much so that even Bobby is a joke in this title, I think they were just waiting for the moment of the volcano eruption lolol

BANNED

There is speculation that Iceman will leave the Marauders and join SWORD, what do you think? I don't really like the idea of ​​having an elemental in the same comics as Storm, as this usually happens and they end up not exploiting one of their powers (in this case, negative temperature manipulation) to leave another character, thus not making anyone do anything.
    Hmmm well storm is magically about to loose her ability to use ice and cold

Or rather than can do more with their combination. I don't see one as having to take away from another that is all on the writer not the characters. If i could i would add crystal to the team personally. As far as similarities Aero has wind powers in the marvels but i don't feel that takes away from storm i actually look forward to seeing how someone who specializes in wind are developing their powers or how human torch is on the team as well and am looking forward to potential combos with storm and what they can teach each other. may not actually happen but i've already thought of like a hundred positive ways it could and tha'ts why i read these stories.
    Has she done a wind related thing sooo far aside fly? Nope. Plus aero would always outshow her in air I hate to say it but she is kinda better than storm when it comes to manipulating the wind. Like girls hand was decomposing and she instinctively created an air cocoon of compact air around the hand. She can make swords, birds, shields, and even Doppelgangers. In terms of skill she has outshown storm in just a few years it is kinda difficult for me to say this but I believe aero is a better elemental at air than storm is and well if we know comics possibly could be. It's like comparing sheer power to skill.

Same with Johnny his whole shtick is fire well heat and he has done a **** tom with that including generating plank temperatures to the point where reality started to melt, create heat clones, heat constructs...etc. he is also dare I say a better heat elemental than storm and has not only demonstrated more skill like aero but even more power. It is kinda bonkers but I get why they do that one trick ponies it's easier to explore them than jack of all trades.

Now bobby he has done all the above that other elementals I mentioned have done and is definitely a better cold based elemental than storm And his makes the most sense he is omega afterall.

The thing is if storm shares the spotlight with another elemental she would most likely get overshadowed in that element unless it is a storm she is creating... I do admit great writing can make it work and Al Ewing is a great writer. But unless the feast is before me I am not going to hold my breath.

I want storm to do something with nebulae. She can do it and it would be the best was to demonstrate how much of a cosmic force she is. This is for one simple reason nebulae are the mother of...well... Everything! Stars, planets, asteroids, galaxies...etc. all observable matter in the universe got it's start in a nebula. The regent of an entire solar system demonstrating her power over the very foundational building blocks of all matter and energy in the observable universe is a flex bigger than almost anything.

But that could be a little too much for her. I mean after she does this she is effectively no longer a street level hero like many want her to be.

Yh but he did practically nothing with her. I mean she has knives and can give lightning punch and is a glorified babysitter for kitty but other than that nothing. Oh yh and she popped the knee of a racist in a back alley once and changed his world view. Other than that well nothing.

I don't like the idea of ​​two elementals on the same team. it never worked, even more when Storm finds herself halfway through the ice man, by focusing specifically that he is a cryokinetic, they forget about Storm's potential and turn her into just a lightning girl, from clouds or wind.
    let him be directed to another team. If sword no had been successful, no one would mind having it there.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Amazona dos ventos;5760040]I don't like the idea of ​​two elementals on the same team. it never worked, even more when Storm finds herself halfway through the ice man, by focusing specifically that he is a cryokinetic, they forget about Storm's potential and turn her into just a lightning girl, from clouds or wind.
    let him be directed to another team. If sword no had been successful, no one would mind having it there.[/QUO
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-05-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

[QUOTE=dirtynun;5760127]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I don't like the idea of ​​two elementals on the same team. it never worked, even more when Storm finds herself halfway through the ice man, by focusing specifically that he is a cryokinetic, they forget about Storm's potential and turn her into just a lightning girl, from clouds or wind.
    let him be directed to another team. If sword no had been successful, no one would mind having it there.[/QUO
    Storm's big problem, besides there are many writers who don't want to write their powers creatively, is that she is very versatile, like it or not ends up weighing, Iceman, Aero, Human Torch, they all have only one power/element only. set, this makes it easier to write them.

Of course, what counts first is the writer's willingness to research more deeply, the powers that his character can exert, and that's what doesn't happen so much in comics. Unfortunately, Crystalis and Human Torch their cores are within the cosmic universe if that's what I may say, it makes them stand out and I have impressive achievements, especially Johnny who is almost always facing cosmic beings, entities, nowadays he has reached the Temperature of Planck, who supposedly melts the walls of the Multiverse.

Aero is an amazing character really, but she's not a Marvel authorial creation from what I've read, I like her, the way she has an almost mystical connection to the air, creates weapons, constructs, beings made of air, it's amazing when a writer proposes to give himself body and soul to the characters he is writing.

I don't think Aero is more powerful than Storm in manipulating the air, but it's more crafted and explored, it gives a feeling that Aero is more powerful because of that, it has impressive feats that Ororo hasn't had yet, but it's also a one-element character, and it's not like Storm.

BANNED

Please I hate to disrupt but I need to ask your thoughts on something, Gloriana vs Storm who do u think would win in a fight and if so why. Also what is storms advantages over Gloriana I know she being omega and a god puts her above fairy mutant hybrid. But I would really like your thoughts on this cause knowing what Gloriana can do I am inclined to believe she can take storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Please I hate to disrupt but I need to ask your thoughts on something, Gloriana vs Storm who do u think would win in a fight and if so why. Also what is storms advantages over Gloriana I know she being omega and a god puts her above fairy mutant hybrid. But I would really like your thoughts on this cause knowing what Gloriana can do I am inclined to believe she can take storm.
    who is gloriana?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    who is gloriana?
    Meggan from Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I'm going to vote Gloriana just because I just love how her name sounds. That's it, that's my reasoning.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

As simple as that, I think that in the comics Storm is too powerful.