Page 649 of 772 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sometimes one forgets storm is an expert marksman as well.
    yes ororo is really a well-rounded fighter who can defend herself beyond just using her powers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

can we reflect on this moment and how the fans got it right? a goddess defeating a demi-goddess with divine lightning; it works for me!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

People really out here in the year 2021 trying to say that Fox-Men Storm was anything but trash? BIG YIKES! Fox-Men Storm is a cancer upon creation itself. A blight against Storm that literally spread to the comics and trickled down into popular coconscious. Fox-Storm is pretty much the anthesis of what comic Storm is in nearly ever aspect.

Let's see now -

X1 gave us: 0 leadership skills, 0 precision with powers, 0 speed with powers, getting owned by Toad (but so was Jean so I suppose Toad fans would be happy?), horrible dialog, and lastly running away from a puddle. A literal f***ing puddle.

X2 gave us: Still mostly useless but a cool tornado spam storm that had 0 accuracy and only accomplished half of the job. Praise be to the God Magneto for saving all their asses because Goddess forbid Storm generate an updraft to slow them down or even better actually fly the blackbird under her own power, Again taking 50years to summon a single lightning bolt in an enclosed area and couldn't even multitask catch a falling Nightcrawler. But hey, the blizzard power was improved I guess? Sabertooth was able to ignore it in X1 but here gave a telepath a literal brain freeze so I guess that's a plus? Goddess forbid she does something intricate like screw with his nervous system. Thank Goddess Nightcrawler has thick skin otherwise poor baby would have been an ice cube thanks to Ms. Munfaux's lack of control.

X3 gave us the best storm of the bunch but when the bar is that low even the Devil can't limbo under it.

Don't even get me started on the re-boot where the highlight of her AMPED ability was to rival Scott's optic blasts. And her personality is such weak sauce that she becomes a simp for Mystique and a ice machine when she's done wiping Mystique's ass with the wig Apocalypse gave her.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    People really out here in the year 2021 trying to say that Fox-Men Storm was anything but trash? BIG YIKES! Fox-Men Storm is a cancer upon creation itself. A blight against Storm that literally spread to the comics and trickled down into popular coconscious. Fox-Storm is pretty much the anthesis of what comic Storm is in nearly ever aspect.

Let's see now -

X1 gave us: 0 leadership skills, 0 precision with powers, 0 speed with powers, getting owned by Toad (but so was Jean so I suppose Toad fans would be happy?), horrible dialog, and lastly running away from a puddle. A literal f***ing puddle.

X2 gave us: Still mostly useless but a cool tornado spam storm that had 0 accuracy and only accomplished half of the job. Praise be to the God Magneto for saving all their asses because Goddess forbid Storm generate an updraft to slow them down or even better actually fly the blackbird under her own power, Again taking 50years to summon a single lightning bolt in an enclosed area and couldn't even multitask catch a falling Nightcrawler. But hey, the blizzard power was improved I guess? Sabertooth was able to ignore it in X1 but here gave a telepath a literal brain freeze so I guess that's a plus? Goddess forbid she does something intricate like screw with his nervous system. Thank Goddess Nightcrawler has thick skin otherwise poor baby would have been an ice cube thanks to Ms. Munfaux's lack of control.

X3 gave us the best storm of the bunch but when the bar is that low even the Devil can't limbo under it.

Don't even get me started on the re-boot where the highlight of her AMPED ability was to rival Scott's optic blasts. And her personality is such weak sauce that she becomes a simp for Mystique and a ice machine when she's done wiping Mystique's ass with the wig Apocalypse gave her.
    Didn't you LOVE all the diversity.

Attachment 114472
    Attachment 114473

I feel like bryan singer just went in his phone book for casting. lol

And let's not forget the absolute diverse directing team.
    Attachment 114474
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-07-2021 at 03:39 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Didn't you LOVE all the diversity.

Attachment 114472
    Attachment 114473

I feel like bryan singer just went in his phone book for casting. lol

And let's not forget the absolute diverse directing team.
    Attachment 114474
    You know now that you mention it the two dark skinned characters died in the most facepalm way. Both of them died due to their powers! Darwin who is suppose to be able to adapt to anything to the point where he was IIRC formally an Omega level in that power. And let us not forget about good ol' Bishop! Because of course the mutant who can absorb energy and throw it back at you would be overloaded! But hey, at least we know that the Sententials work.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes ororo is really a well-rounded fighter who can defend herself beyond just using her powers.
    Eventually they'll come to understand this.

You know now that you mention it the two dark skinned characters died in the most facepalm way. Both of them died due to their powers! Darwin who is suppose to be able to adapt to anything to the point where he was IIRC formally an Omega level in that power. And let us not forget about good ol' Bishop! Because of course the mutant who can absorb energy and throw it back at you would be overloaded! But hey, at least we know that the Sententials work.
    Exactly, that's why people can skip me on the fox men, they certainly didn't care about people of color so why should we.. How out of 40 actors the two darkest are the only ones killed by their own powers. I feel like they were forced to cast at least one or two dark people and we saw how that forced to cast worked out. Then you have the directors and their scandals running what is suppose to be a diverse open group of characters. The message was never going to be presented right.

edit: I won't even watch them on Disney+. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-07-2021 at 03:58 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yukio bringing out Storms wild side. Gambit did that for her later.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can we reflect on this moment and how the fans got it right? a goddess defeating a demi-goddess with divine lightning; it works for me!!

I have this. I became teary-eyed.

Exactly, that's why people can skip me on the fox men, they certainly didn't care about people of color so why should we.. How out of 40 actors the two darkest are the only ones killed by their own powers. I feel like they were forced to cast at least one or two dark people and we saw how that forced to cast worked out. Then you have the directors and their scandals running what is suppose to be a diverse open group of characters. The message was never going to be presented right.

edit: I won't even watch them on Disney+. lol
    I just can't wait for the day when people say X-Men movies they aren't referring to the collective steampile that is the Fox-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    The movies exist, and they are wonderful. The multiverse (XCM) exists, even in the MCU context, because Fox Xavier is set to appear on 'Dr. Strange 2'.
    We're talking about Storm, I talked about Movie Storm, and it's proper and legit. As simple as that. If you don't like it, ignore my posts.
    The Foxmen movies stopped being wonderful after X-Men 2 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    A lot of movies nerf heroes so I didn't mind it.

They weren't great but I don't get the hate.Why do people hate Storm in this, she was avg. Nothing bad but not great either.
    Well we knew after Bryan Singer couldn't get his 1st two actress pics Angela Basset or Janet to play the role of Storm that he just stopped giving af about her in general. Fans hated Storm in the Fox movies cause of the horrible wigs and the she just seemed weak and boring af. In the 2nd movie her making multiple tornadoes in the sky to destroy the jets was awesome but none of the jets should've been able to make it through. When the plane got hit Storm should've been able to stop the plane from crashing without Magneto's help when in the animated series she lifted up a whole damn building and dropped it on Juggernaut's head. Then the nerve of them to have Storm getting beat up by Callisto who all of a sudden had the speed of Flash

Last edited by metalclouds; 10-08-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Never forget the mop.

I honestly can't stop laughing at those little strings of what i think is suppose to be bangs.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And PLEASE don't let there be another japanese rendition of an xmen cartoon. My goodness that Storm was awful as well. But then anime/manga has a terrible track record with female characters which is why Noelle Silva is such a break out for me in black clover. Tabata don't play no games with his female characters.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Let's see now -

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Never forget the mop.

I honestly can't stop laughing at those little strings of what i think is suppose to be bangs.
    Don't forget the little strings that were supposed to be lightening too