Page 65 of 772 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm has shown she can control cosmic storms and solar winds. Anyone who can do that can clearly control fire. Or since regular fire needs AIR to happen, anyone who controls the air to a degree can control fire, especially if they can use lightening to start fires. Storm also is more than just an elemental, there are magical aspects to her powers. She hosted an M-Body of Eternity. She channeleg magical energy and created a bolt of lightening that teleported her and Magik back to Limbo. She helped Forge opened up a date to travel from the earth the Adversary banished them to back to the regular earth. She blasted the Adversary out of our dimension with a mystical lightening bolt.

She´s way more powerful than Crystal.
    I think functionally speaking the reason she has been able to control solar winds to air was how chris Claremont stated her powers work. she is directly controlling the energy behind the phenomenon we see as weather. with that since fire does contain energy she should be able to control it as well.

I think the confusion with how people perceive her is she is always described as a weather manipulator. so if becomes hard seeing her do things beyond weather
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you're welcome beloved dont go lol. I totally understand your point was not to say who was more powerful. its different application but I dont believe anyone would argue storm is a greater earth, fire manipulator than crystal. what I would like to see now that we are on the topic is crystal maybe helping ororo explore fire/earth manipulation to a deeper degree then we've seen..
    You called, and I, Child of the Stars have answered, lol.

I agree, Storm and Crystal working together could help teach each other things that would not only improve both their abilities as far as versatility but their power.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You called, and I, Child of the Stars have answered, lol.

I agree, Storm and Crystal working together could help teach each other things that would not only improve both their abilities as far as versatility but their power.
    welcome back boo!!

I know when it comes to water manipulation storm learned to perceive it differently by being immersed in it:

for some reason with her claustrophobia I would think manipulating earth would be more taxing to her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think functionally speaking the reason she has been able to control solar winds to air was how chris Claremont stated her powers work. she is directly controlling the energy behind the phenomenon we see as weather. with that since fire does contain energy she should be able to control it as well.

I think the confusion with how people perceive her is she is always described as a weather manipulator. so if becomes hard seeing her do things beyond weather
    Weather is just a human concept, what Ororo seems to do is take control of environmental matrices and complex energy/matter systems on a micro & macro scale, singling out the elements one by one somehow seems to never do her justice, she tends to work along the full tapestry or the picture as a whole if you will.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Weather is just a human concept, what Ororo seems to do is take control of environmental matrices and complex energy/matter systems on a micro & macro scale, singling out the elements one by one somehow seems to never do her justice, she tends to work along the full tapestry or the picture as a whole if you will.
    I would agree singling out elements specifically doesn't do her justice. this scan as simple as it may be always is my go to when wanting to show a simplified definition to how her powers work, which by the way I think your explanation fits nicely as well:

here are a couple of others that talk to her perception of energy and manipulating them:

I would agree singling out elements specifically doesn't do her justice. this scan as simple as it may be always is my go to when wanting to show a simplified definition to how her powers work, which by the way I think your explanation fits nicely as well:

She really is the mutant version of a pantheistic and immanent divinity, her affinity for open spaces, the sky and the concept of boundless freedom in my opinion must be attributes of her status as goddess and that’s the reason for her unparalleled ability to “manipulate the weather”.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm´s elemental powers have a way broader range than either Crystal or Iso, plus as we know Storm has her magical abilities. Strange trapped her in the crimson bands of cytorrak and she shattered them.

I wonder what plans does Hickman have for her on her divine/mystical side.
    Why do you say this. Storm does not have magical abilities. She has magical potential (that haven't been fully realised) which is different. Her defeating the Adversary was under specific circumstances that allowed her to access her divine birth-right, circumstances that haven't been repeated, nor explored further, to date. Which I guess you can construe to be "magic" of a higher source but...it's not really "magical" nor is it something that she uses in conjunction with her mutant elemental abilities. Most, if not all, of the times she's manipulated weather phenomenon it's been solely via her mutant birthright.

Her breaking the "unbreakable" bands of Cytorrak with lightning was PIS that fell in line with a whole host of other characters who were able to break said bands without magic.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-07-2021 at 07:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    She really is the mutant version of a pantheistic and immanent divinity, her affinity for open spaces, the sky and the concept of boundless freedom in my opinion must be attributes of her status as goddess and that’s the reason for her unparalleled ability to “manipulate the weather”.
    beautifully said beloved!

on the topic of storm latent magically abilities, she was able to channel the magical energies of several powerful mages when Magik, who is a powerful sorceress in her own right, was unable to do:

being a potential sorceress Supreme has afforded her much including breaking through the bands of cytorrak.

This entire page has scans of Storm power usage I have never seen before. Marvel really has diversely developed her powers. Very incredible!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This entire page has scans of Storm power usage I have never seen before. Marvel really has diversely developed her powers. Very incredible!
    yes indeed. its probably why so many of her fans complain when the most we see is lightning.

Those are some feats I haven't seen before. Can you share scans of her breaking the Cytorack Chains? (Or whatever they are called)

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Those are some feats I haven't seen before. Can you share scans of her breaking the Cytorack Chains? (Or whatever they are called)
    which ones had you not seen before?

and the bands of cytorrak feat is here:

and here's a list of a few others who have broken free

https://www.cbr.com/these-unbreakabl...o-break-a-lot/
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2021 at 01:34 AM.

BANNED

welcome back boo!!

I know when it comes to water manipulation storm learned to perceive it differently by being immersed in it:

for some reason with her claustrophobia I would think manipulating earth would be more taxing to her.
    I never thought of it that way.her claustrophobia is a primal fear so it could be affecting her abilities in certain ways. And we know telepaths find it difficult to read her so they might not even know. We even know that cerebri though powerful is flawed.

Thats a good point though I do think some would have argued Crystal's powers were on par with Storm's power level. AND YES YES YES! I loved that showing with the crimson bands too. I would like to think her ability to do this was because of her latent magic abilities.

now to your last part im not convinced he is going to explore her magical/divine aspects. he has written her as stating she is a goddess but I'm wanting a lot more than just words though I did love the shield she finally created in his Xmen book.
    Yep it's really weird when people say that. Crystal though powerful has never demonstrated power 1/5 of storms. Her greatest fear was when she lifted Atilan but that is just that a city level feat. Storm has channelled power of an entire dimension and a galactic core they are not the same. Even in elemental prowess I noticed that Crystal control matter and Storm controls energy that governs matter.

Also did you notice that the caption states of nature rather than of weather. Or maybe I am just tripping.