Page 66 of 772 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    welcome back boo!!

I know when it comes to water manipulation storm learned to perceive it differently by being immersed in it:

for some reason with her claustrophobia I would think manipulating earth would be more taxing to her.
    Never thought about it before. Could her claustrophobia be keeping her from her control over earth to some degree. But she still seem to have the connection to and effect over nature, from earthquakes, volcanos, and plants life and animals.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If her journey is going to happen out in space then I can only guess that the writer (whoever they may be, and not necessarily HiX-Man) will go more "cosmic" than "mystic" with developing her powers and character, further.
    And I'm quite okies with that.

We've had: Elemental X-Man, Power-less Badass, Omega-level Mutant, Occasional Goddess (from the perspective she's not in "Goddess-mode 24/7)...
    I would love to see what a Cosmic Storm entails.

I love that her life/story arc takes her from the Cairo Egypt to the plains of Kenya, to the US/Australia, to Krakoa, and now to outer space...and I have a theory as to who might be one of the main protagonists going up against the Phalanx in HiX-Man's endgame.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Never thought about it before. Could her claustrophobia be keeping her from her control over earth to some degree. But she still seem to have the connection to and effect over nature, from earthquakes, volcanos, and plants life and animals.
    I think the trauma of losing her parents in burning rubble did condition her to avoid the earth and fire elements, even though her powers do apply to them just as much as water/air/ether. I love the idea of an Ororo whose parents took her back to Kenya(instead of Cairo) and she was raised in her mother's culture with all the love and support of both her parents and the wisdom of the matrilineal line.

Attachment 105843

This Ororo commands all elements and is initiated as a high priestess of the Bright Lady, in communion with all Life.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

which ones had you not seen before?
    For example, taking that Magic Energy which has surrounded Magic, or w/e, several posts above this one. Breaking Cytorak's binds, or the undersea/ocean feat? When she for the first time reaches to it. I've seen the one in the blackbird (I think it was or some vehicle) where she could sense the waves and current. Or that one where she controls the fire which is shot at her, is a new one. I've seen her plenty of times controlling heatwaves, heat blast, etc., but not directly fire.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm does not look pleased to be associated with this title... lol

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

on the topic of storm latent magically abilities, she was able to channel the magical energies of several powerful mages when Magik, who is a powerful sorceress in her own right, was unable to do:

being a potential sorceress Supreme has afforded her much including breaking through the bands of cytorrak.
    Marvel always playing with my hopes of Storm learning magic.

I think it would be cool to see Magik teach Strom, seeing that Limbo Storm taught Illyana white magic
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I never thought of it that way.her claustrophobia is a primal fear so it could be affecting her abilities in certain ways. And we know telepaths find it difficult to read her so they might not even know. We even know that cerebri though powerful is flawed.

Yep it's really weird when people say that. Crystal though powerful has never demonstrated power 1/5 of storms. Her greatest fear was when she lifted Atilan but that is just that a city level feat. Storm has channelled power of an entire dimension and a galactic core they are not the same.
    Even in elemental prowess I noticed that Crystal control matter and Storm controls energy that governs matter.

Also did you notice that the caption states of nature rather than of weather. Or maybe I am just tripping.
    So, basically your saying Ororo can molecularly turn dirt into gold but Crystal can't, huh?
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    when I was thinking about it Storm has always been a goddess of the sky even with her deep connection to mother earth. It wasn't until her sky turned to liquid water where she could fully make the connection between the two:

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    For example, taking that Magic Energy which has surrounded Magic, or w/e, several posts above this one. Breaking Cytorak's binds, or the undersea/ocean feat? When she for the first time reaches to it. I've seen the one in the blackbird (I think it was or some vehicle) where she could sense the waves and current. Or that one where she controls the fire which is shot at her, is a new one. I've seen her plenty of times controlling heatwaves, heat blast, etc., but not directly fire.

yea I don't think ive see her directly control fire outside of two times.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-08-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Marvel always playing with my hopes of Storm learning magic.

I think it would be cool to see Magik teach Strom, seeing that Limbo Storm taught Illyana white magic
    yea that would be cool. do you think that would be too much power?

Storm's ability to manipulate wind and water is only second to a few in Marvel.

Attachment 105853

yea that would be cool. do you think that would be too much power?
    Depends on how much she learns. Truthfully, all magic users have the potential to be OP. With her mutant powers I'm cool with her being mildly accomplished in the magical arts. Somewhere between Pixie and Doctor Strange/Magik..
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-08-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Attachment 105853

Depends on how much she learns. Truthfully, all magic users have the potential to be OP. With her mutant powers I'm cool with her being mildly accomplished in the magical arts. Somewhere between Pixie and Doctor Strange/Magik..
    thats very true in terms of their powers. if she were to display magical abilities what exactly would you like her to be able to do?

on the topic of storm latent magically abilities, she was able to channel the magical energies of several powerful mages when Magik, who is a powerful sorceress in her own right, was unable to do:

being a potential sorceress Supreme has afforded her much including breaking through the bands of cytorrak.
    Amazing! I've never seen this before!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    So, basically your saying Ororo can molecularly turn dirt into gold but Crystal can't, huh?
    I stated that Crystal controls matter that's that. She has atomic control but only restricted to the particular element. Hence why she can generate fire by igniting oxygen atoms in the air. But Storm controls energy that governs phenomena this gives Storm a level of versatility and control that's impossible to usurp. This is the reason why her powers adapt to the environment that she is in because the energy at play on one planet is different from what works in another. This is the reason why I believe storms abilities can incorporate all forms of energy to create deal phenomena things like temporal storms, gravity storms among others.
    Crystal is strong she controls the four elements and with effort can combine them to control the weather. But Storm controls the energies and forces behind elemental phenomena and this is extended to everywhere elemental forces exist.

BANNED

Attachment 105853

Ohk I am now interested in those who are stronger than Storm in water and air manipulation

thats very true in terms of their powers. if she were to display magical abilities what exactly would you like her to be able to do?
    Healing spells, embedding someone with life, minor telepathy/telekinesis, teleportation, gathering mystical energy for energy bolts and magic shields...basic magic user stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk I am now interested in those who are stronger than Storm in water and air manipulation
    The only person I can think of who controls water is Hydro-Man and Storm already one shot him. I can't think of any air users on Storm's level.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-08-2021 at 05:53 PM.