Page 69 of 772 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

I feel that if Storm get a solo Coates will not be involved ....

Also Storm appeared today in some issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I would certainly hope so! But if she doesn't, well, it wouldn't be the first time the X-office hyped us up for nothing.
    yeah for all we know she'll join the Shi'ar Imperial Guard as Xandra's personal bodyguard

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post

nope nothing worth mentioning.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Amazing cover. Hopefully this doesn't bring about the return of the punk mullet though. Very few artists can make it look as good as dauterman or some of the artists of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post

She was in BP: King in Black today. Nothing significant but if your a fan of BP i highly recommend the issue. IT was vibrant, beautiful, black people who looked like real black people with many facial variations. It was imo a masterpiece in this lackluster event. And the best part was still the writing. Now that's a good book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Amazing cover. Hopefully this doesn't bring about the return of the punk mullet though. Very few artists can make it look as good as dauterman or some of the artists of the past.
    yea I thought he did an exceptional job with the cover! he always does her justice!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

when I was thinking about it Storm has always been a goddess of the sky even with her deep connection to mother earth. It wasn't until her sky turned to liquid water where she could fully make the connection between the two:

yea I don't think ive see her directly control fire outside of two times.
    Two times? What is the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm's ability to manipulate wind and water is only second to a few in Marvel.

Depends on how much she learns. Truthfully, all magic users have the potential to be OP. With her mutant powers I'm cool with her being mildly accomplished in the magical arts. Somewhere between Pixie and Doctor Strange/Magik..
    I wonder who are those second ones because honestly, I do not know many Marvel characters that can control water. I believe Namor would be powerful to challenge her water manipulation but even he cannot overrule a Goddess interference.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Attachment 105887

Attachment 105889

Attachment 105891

She doesn't do that sort of thing often, but yes she can.
    That is absolutely beautiful. I didn't know that she did it via the elements.

This is absolutely beautiful, and this looks more like a solo than a team type of book. There are no mutants for her team if we have to be honest, and there is already plenty of teams going on around.

is a storm solo brewing???

Hell yeah, it is about time!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Two times? What is the second time?
    the other was when she deflected Oya's fire when her powers were raging out of control. im certain some would argue it was wind but how it was drawn it didn't appear she was using wind. also in the later panel we see her using wind. they were drawn differently:

This is absolutely beautiful, and this looks more like a solo than a team type of book. There are no mutants for her team if we have to be honest, and there is already plenty of teams going on around.

Hell yeah, it is about time!
    yes I'm very much hoping it is not a team book. I do love the symbolism of sunrise/sunset. its all about new beginnings and it seems she has so much to look forward to.

yes I'm very much hoping it is not a team book. I do love the symbolism of sunrise/sunset. its all about new beginnings and it seems she has so much to look forward to.
    Based on the image it feels like whatever this new status is is going to be as big as the mohawk phase. All i want to see is she has been studying the energy in space and flies into space on her own. If that happens i'm going to need some smelling salts.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Based on the image it feels like whatever this new status is is going to be as big as the mohawk phase. All i want to see is she has been studying the energy in space and flies into space on her own. If that happens i'm going to need some smelling salts.
    yes if they are working towards making her a cosmic being capable of flying in space on her own I would flip my ish too. it would appear that the foreshadowing of her needing help from xandra that her adventures would take her to space. I would also flip if it turns into a solo!!!

I'm ready!!

yes if they are working towards making her a cosmic being capable of flying in space on her own I would flip my ish too. it would appear that the foreshadowing of her needing help from xandra that her adventures would take her to space. I would also flip if it turns into a solo!!!

I'm ready!!
    Me too. We been too strong for too long. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Me too. We been too strong for too long. lol
    we have i finally feel like the xoffices are about to make good with their promises. Hickman has me curious and I've liked what he has given so far so im excited.

the other was when she deflected Oya's fire when her powers were raging out of control. im certain some would argue it was wind but how it was drawn it didn't appear she was using wind. also in the later panel we see her using wind. they were drawn differently:

I've seen this one, that is the one to which I was referring, however, I was asking for the other moment when she controlled fire. This one I already saw.

I'm ready!!
    Yeah, seeing her fly in space would be an awesome feat. She can definitely do it, they just need to expand on her powers. There is everything up there and she has the skills to survive in open space, she can resist solar radiation, absolute cold and she can use electrolysis, there is simply no reason for her to not be able to fly in space. I just hope that her flight capabilities will be powerful enough to travel with at least the speed of light, to break her current record which was the supersonic speed that breaks the sound barrier.

I've seen this one, that is the one to which I was referring, however, I was asking for the other moment when she controlled fire. This one I already saw.

Yeah, seeing her fly in space would be an awesome feat. She can definitely do it, they just need to expand on her powers. There is everything up there and she has the skills to survive in open space, she can resist solar radiation, absolute cold and she can use electrolysis, there is simply no reason for her to not be able to fly in space. I just hope that her flight capabilities will be powerful enough to travel with at least the speed of light, to break her current record which was the supersonic speed that breaks the sound barrier.
    those were the two instances when she burned the forest and the instance with oya.

I'm ready to see her fly through space.

this is something that I have always been hesitant to ask, why so much animosity regarding Storm and Black Panther's relationship. I always thought it was a cool little idea, powerful black icons come together and become the black power couple of comics; made sense enough. but I've always notice they are like a faction or section of fans who just vehemently hate the idea to a kinda weird degree I notice it particularly among the BP fans but I think that may have something to do with the BP fans here not liking Coates work. is/was there some sort of problematic element about it (maybe something I'm missing as someone who isn't the deepest Storm or T'Challa expert) or is it just a lowkey shipping "she's/he's not the one i would've had him/her with" type thing? I would've asked in the BP thread but the BP thread gets kinda dramatic over Storm or Coates in my experience.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

it was fr beyond Coates work and coates work was trash imo. First of all it was a stupid idea way back to hudlin, they need to be together just because they are black and powerful. and there was no benefit in it from storm, she went from leading a team to being tchalla stepford wife who basically was no mamming and yes mamming. If the BP office was serious about Storm ever being with black panther and an equal rather than minimizing their actual most famous color of character her name would have been on the title somewhere. Marvel just wanted people to be able to go to one corner of their universe to see black people while white characters can run all over the rest.

Then there was the bad taste of Tchalla being basically a pedophile it certainly coming off like one. I don't care who wrote it marvel would never have one of their 12 year old white female heros being sexualized in a book and never made sense people were drinking the koolaid but it was what it wsas. You can make the BP fans seem dramatic all you want but with coates if a black writer came in and was suppose to upflit the character and all he could come up with is rape camps, and space slaveryo topped off by interesting gods he stilll hasn't defined in over 5 years. Houston we have a problem. But just my incoherent two thoughts, i could write a essay on how marvel, hudlin, and coates did but im over it in the sense that i hope it never happens again and the x-books seem to thankfully have her rights back.

Honestly i think it's more sad how many accpepted it just because it was two famous black characters but never had a problem with the female side of the relationship getting anything of her own out of the supposed union. She was used as a prop by hudlin for sure. The thing i hate most about comic is the underlining racism in the art and the writing.

Honestly i feel MArvel and Disney are so out of touch with minority communities, especially the black community just about any black dude can walk up in there and swear the community will love it and as long as they got a kente clothe on somewhere they will eat it up. Like for instance Hulu recent update with Black content that is way behind Netflix. Mostly all they did was just add the same shows netflix already did like sister, sister etc and acting like they did something big. No you see these black dollars too and wanted to cash in.

And just because it can't be said enough about coates. Who does a space story where you send your king to one of his own colonies that he sent out there to be built only for him to be trapped in slavery. He built a whole intergalitic empire just to humble tchalla with some slavery. miss me.

And just to add the Xmen have been doing a better job, their team with diversity and stuff and i appreciate it but marvel as a whole has a long way to go. The writers are getting whiter and the artists home country is getting farther and farther away with the styles not trying to make people look more than white people in black face. Sometimes i just be like "so this is how i support trump cause something isn't right at marvel that with all going on in the world there overall product is still isolation of black people, limiting of their abilities, and white folk can do anything and are special.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-11-2021 at 04:41 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.