Page 696 of 772 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Cloud hair storm FOREVER.
    I love the feel of this image and that solid cloud cape.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'd never seen the first scan before. It's a nod to her precision that even in the chaos of 0-G she can use winds to move everyone wihtout even really concentrating on it
    Didn't she co that when she took an atmosphere with her to space.... There is no gravity there

BANNED

I just realized that storm was the only mutant in the entirely of the series that has planetary feats under her own power.

You know I wonder if the reason why Storm denies herself the ability to ascend is because she's scared of losing her humanity? A moralless/apathetic/diamond heart version of Storm would not be fun for anyone, even less so if she's so far gone she sees both friend and foe as specs of dust not worth her attention.

I feel like we're sloooooowly seeing her transition but she's taking it extremely slow because she wants to be anchored down by her flesh and blood form to stay connected. She's an OLM and a bona-fide Deity who's mutant power alone has nearly endless reach in terms of what she could/should be able to control.

I could be wrong here, but Storm's personality -to me- is one of not reaching for power just for power's sake. When she went rogue and they pulled her back down to the land of mere mortals, I think that left a big scar on her psyche that's never really been talked about to my knowledge. I'd even go so far and say it was one of the few times she was actually and truly scared of her power?

Anyway, that's where my mind went after seeing that fan-art, lol.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'd never seen the first scan before. It's a nod to her precision that even in the chaos of 0-G she can use winds to move everyone wihtout even really concentrating on it
    agreed and if there was ever any introduction to her usage of gravity there is precedence there.

the issue is uncanny 156.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Okay now that's clear 12 year olds can read this as intended....BP Legends 1 was also light and child friendly...im just hoping this issue survive printing without further controversy mixed into it... I just want to enjoy the truth of them meeting and experienced love regardless of whatever levels - without reading too much into it - is that hard to do? And I dont care how tired anyone can get...the heck im tired of her having kids over at x-men without having a show of even dating Cable -- ugh -- slow burn is better than having no spark at all
    I get the sense from the writer's discussion on the issue he will write it in a way that is respectful to both characters. There was a lot wrong with Dickey's story but putting the underage sex aside her being a damsel in distress was the complete opposite of her depiction in Claremont's original story. The synopsis indicates it going to retell that version so we are already on good footing there.

I love this!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You know I wonder if the reason why Storm denies herself the ability to ascend is because she's scared of losing her humanity? A moralless/apathetic/diamond heart version of Storm would not be fun for anyone, even less so if she's so far gone she sees both friend and foe as specs of dust not worth her attention.

I feel like we're sloooooowly seeing her transition but she's taking it extremely slow because she wants to be anchored down by her flesh and blood form to stay connected. She's an OLM and a bona-fide Deity who's mutant power alone has nearly endless reach in terms of what she could/should be able to control.

I could be wrong here, but Storm's personality -to me- is one of not reaching for power just for power's sake. When she went rogue and they pulled her back down to the land of mere mortals, I think that left a big scar on her psyche that's never really been talked about to my knowledge. I'd even go so far and say it was one of the few times she was actually and truly scared of her power?

I dont see her as denying herself this aspect of herself per say. She has already not only embraced her godhead in Black Panther but also to all of Sol when she announced she was Hadari Yao and the new Regent. I dont think she taps into this ability often as you indicated she will not use such a power for power's sake. I think if the threat required it she would certainly use such power (such as with Adversary); however, at this point I've not necessarily seen her face a threat on that level that would require that (with the exception of Knull God). I also don't think writers have a great understanding on the difference between her OML powers and her godhead abilities which makes things more "confusing."

What are your thoughts.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont see her as denying herself this aspect of herself per say. She has already not only embraced her godhead in Black Panther but also to all of Sol when she announced she was Hadari Yao and the new Regent. I dont think she taps into this ability often as you indicated she will not use such a power for power's sake. I think if the threat required it she would certainly use such power (such as with Adversary); however, at this point I've not necessarily seen her face a threat on that level that would require that (with the exception of Knull God). I also don't think writers have a great understanding on the difference between her OML powers and her godhead abilities which makes things more "confusing."

What are your thoughts.
    I can see your pov and I somewhat agree. The main thing that I would point out is that while she has claimed her title she has yet to truly embrace her divinity in the 'physicals' sense. And of course it's not a mandatory requirement to be bullet proof to be a Goddess (no one is worshipping Frenzy for example), it would cement her status as one in the eyes of many. We know the Wakandan gods are suppose to have infinite physicals according to their data chart yet we've yet to see Storm display anything near that. In fact I think the recent preview from S..W.O.R.D. was a glowing neon missed chance by Ewing to finally show us that Goddess durability OR an elemental form.

But going back to my earlier post, I think that her using her power to one shot Adversary was giving her a taste of her power (much like rogue Storm) and that's why she's so hesitant about tapping into it further. I mean I'm not expecting Storm to wipe out a planet like in that Black Vortex mirror scan, but it would be nice to see that the power is in there and she could use it IF the situation came up.

I do agree 100% that writers are confused when it comes to her. No one is confused when it comes to Thor or Doctor Strange or Ms. Marvel (Carol) or any number of the other powerhouses, but everyone is confused about Storm.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Storm loves her humanity above all else. She revels in her compassion and in her sense of duty. I realized something from when storm spread her consciousness throughout the cosmos to destroy kilmongers fleet that her shedding her mortal form would make her a literally embodiment of the forces of nature throughout the cosmos. And that would remove her from her humanity, the sheer grandeur in this pic
    Attachment 115561
    Is unexplainable, she is literally merging her essence with the cosmos and it is kinda terrifying to look at. I think I kinda understand why she wants to keep it at a low for most of the time.

BANNED

Storm would not have taken over planet Arrako if she had no interest in ascending. She is earning her ascension. By kicking the butts of all those Arraki, Storm is building a name for herself among her new people! Her defeating Tarn, the last holdout among the great council, was huge.

Now that the Arraki know what she is capable of, they believe in her which further empowers Storm. She knows how this works, her being worshipped in Kenya boosted her powers to divinity and then again in Wakanda.

Krakoa would never worship her like the Arrakis would for being such a bad ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Storm loves her humanity above all else. She revels in her compassion and in her sense of duty. I realized something from when storm spread her consciousness throughout the cosmos to destroy kilmongers fleet that her shedding her mortal form would make her a literally embodiment of the forces of nature throughout the cosmos. And that would remove her from her humanity, the sheer grandeur in this pic
    Attachment 115561
    Is unexplainable, she is literally merging her essence with the cosmos and it is kinda terrifying to look at. I think I kinda understand why she wants to keep it at a low for most of the time.
    She may not want to get rid of her physical form
    But you don’t take over a planet of warrior mutants if you are shying away from power. Plus she is the Regent of Sol. Her actions demonstrate she is seeking power.

Plus as the Arrako get to know her and the tales of her victories increase, that growing faith will boost her.

BANNED

I can see your pov and I somewhat agree. The main thing that I would point out is that while she has claimed her title she has yet to truly embrace her divinity in the 'physicals' sense. And of course it's not a mandatory requirement to be bullet proof to be a Goddess (no one is worshipping Frenzy for example), it would cement her status as one in the eyes of many. We know the Wakandan gods are suppose to have infinite physicals according to their data chart yet we've yet to see Storm display anything near that. In fact I think the recent preview from S..W.O.R.D. was a glowing neon missed chance by Ewing to finally show us that Goddess durability OR an elemental form.

But going back to my earlier post, I think that her using her power to one shot Adversary was giving her a taste of her power (much like rogue Storm) and that's why she's so hesitant about tapping into it further. I mean I'm not expecting Storm to wipe out a planet like in that Black Vortex mirror scan, but it would be nice to see that the power is in there and she could use it IF the situation came up.

I do agree 100% that writers are confused when it comes to her. No one is confused when it comes to Thor or Doctor Strange or Ms. Marvel (Carol) or any number of the other powerhouses, but everyone is confused about Storm.
    I think it would remove all the conflict from the xplot. I mean the conflict plot is already contrived as f with the presence of omega mutants and such. Now we have an omega but a god with infinite physicals yh we ain't getting that. I think Ewing knows that and that's why we ain't going to see goddess cred anytime soon if sword is not his last book with storm.

The thing is they make it work with Carol and Thor and whatnot when they want to they can certainly make it work with storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm would not have taken over planet Arrako if she had no interest in ascending. She is earning her ascension. By kicking the butts of all those Arraki, Storm is building a name for herself among her new people! Her defeating Tarn, the last holdout among the great council, was huge.

Now that the Arraki know what she is capable of, they believe in her which further empowers Storm. She knows how this works, her being worshipped in Kenya boosted her powers to divinity and then again in Wakanda.

I think storm believes she needs the faith of others to activate the godhead but it looks like there are other ways like the spores.

BANNED

She may not want to get rid of her physical form
    But you don’t take over a planet of warrior mutants if you are shying away from power. Plus she is the Regent of Sol. Her actions demonstrate she is seeking power.

Plus as the Arrako get to know her and the tales of her victories increase, that growing faith will boost her.
    Oh naah I don't believe storm shy away from power but with her it comes with a a catch her humanity which she loves even more than power. So this bring in a conflict which if we get a solo we can easily explore. The solo would have the arakii heavily featured.

Astonishing Member

I think that’s a really good way of putting it. We don’t see it very often but gods in the MU really exist on a fundamentally different level than mortals. Their sense of time, their ability to connect to others, etc. is completely warped by their power and I could see a part of Storm that doesn’t want to take her divine powers to their natural endpoint if it means losing her sense of self. I mean even relatively well adjusted gods like Bast tend to seem so… lonely? Bored? Static? Idk the word for it but I 100% think Storm values her humanity over power and probably isn’t pressed to explore that element of herself unless the situation calls for it. I honestly don’t see her being interested in say usurping the role of Oshtur and becoming the new embodiment of divine light for Earth.

I don't think taking over a planet has anything to do with whether or not she wants to ascend