Page 697 of 772 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 11576

I would like to see Storm Commune with the plant Mars.
    I wonder now with the arrkoies. Will Stom have another transformation going wild like she did with Yukio in Japan.
    What kind spiritual sustenance she gets from it.

Sorry I just saw Storm becoming a cosmic character and being out in space for so long she started to grow a little cold, more inline with Emma's&Logan personality.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Storm loves her humanity above all else. She revels in her compassion and in her sense of duty. I realized something from when storm spread her consciousness throughout the cosmos to destroy kilmongers fleet that her shedding her mortal form would make her a literally embodiment of the forces of nature throughout the cosmos. And that would remove her from her humanity, the sheer grandeur in this pic
    Attachment 115561
    Is unexplainable, she is literally merging her essence with the cosmos and it is kinda terrifying to look at. I think I kinda understand why she wants to keep it at a low for most of the time.
    I can see where you're coming from and agree with it. But I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Storm does have experience with spreading her coconsciousness over the vastness of creation. What she did in BP was nothing compared to her merging with Eternity. And of course while that wasn't her power, you could tell by her facial expression that she was experiencing something that was far and above anything she'd ever felt before.

See on further marination on this in my head I can't 100% decide if Storm would lose her humanity in the process of shedding her human form OR if ascending and connecting with the life force of all those planets would supercharge her empathy. We know she gets spiritual sustenance from living things (expect people I believe?), so I guess it would be up to the whims of the writer which direction they wanted to head in.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm would not have taken over planet Arrako if she had no interest in ascending. She is earning her ascension. By kicking the butts of all those Arraki, Storm is building a name for herself among her new people! Her defeating Tarn, the last holdout among the great council, was huge.

Now that the Arraki know what she is capable of, they believe in her which further empowers Storm. She knows how this works, her being worshipped in Kenya boosted her powers to divinity and then again in Wakanda.

Krakoa would never worship her like the Arrakis would for being such a bad ass.
    I wasn't really heading in that direction with my thought train but I can see how you could get there. But Storm didn't "take over" Arrako she was uhhh elected? Trial by combat? However you want to put it. But I wasn't putting her to be worshiped by anyone when I was thinking about this. What she would become would just be under her own power.

Also, while I agree that people on Krakoa won't worship Storm as we think of it, I do believe 100% that they would believe in her just as much as the Wakandans did. Furthermore, I'm not entirely sure the mutants of Arrako would worship or even believe in her. Fear her and maybe hate her I could see because that's just who they are. And from what we've seen she has the confidence in some of them but clearly most want her gone or want her seat of power. That's a far cry from worshipping.

I think it would remove all the conflict from the xplot. I mean the conflict plot is already contrived as f with the presence of omega mutants and such. Now we have an omega but a god with infinite physicals yh we ain't getting that. I think Ewing knows that and that's why we ain't going to see goddess cred anytime soon if sword is not his last book with storm.

The thing is they make it work with Carol and Thor and whatnot when they want to they can certainly make it work with storm
    See I used to buy that excuse when it came to boosting Storm but not anymore.

Even these ultra invulnerable type characters can still get hurt. Storm's problem is she doesn't have any threats worth her power. Take Vulcan for example, it's still up in the air on whether she could take him in an actual fight. Now while I don't see them throwing hands, it would be cool if a villain crossed paths with Storm who had similar power levels and control as Vulcan.

If Storm ascended and gained the physical stats of your run of the mill gods it would simply mean that writers would actually have to come up with credible threats for her. And even then it would obviously scale depending on the story. Take Colossus for example, obviously has a high level of invulnerably but those Nimrod sentinels broke both his arms, a celestial gouged a whole in him while he was running on Juggernaut juice, Emma lost an arm in diamond form.

If Storm ever ascended to that level she would need to fight beings worthy of that ascension.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think thatÂ’s a really good way of putting it. We donÂ’t see it very often but gods in the MU really exist on a fundamentally different level than mortals. Their sense of time, their ability to connect to others, etc. is completely warped by their power and I could see a part of Storm that doesnÂ’t want to take her divine powers to their natural endpoint if it means losing her sense of self. I mean even relatively well adjusted gods like Bast tend to seem soÂ… lonely? Bored? Static? Idk the word for it but I 100% think Storm values her humanity over power and probably isnÂ’t pressed to explore that element of herself unless the situation calls for it. I honestly donÂ’t see her being interested in say usurping the role of Oshtur and becoming the new embodiment of divine light for Earth.
    Yeah I remember in a somewhat recent issue of Thor he had a talk with Captain American about how time flows differently for him compared to mortals.

And you're right, I don't see that as an endgame goal for her either.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I wonder now with the arrkoies. Will Stom have another transformation going wild like she did with Yukio in Japan.

Sorry I just saw Storm becoming a cosmic character and being out in space for so long she started to grow a little cold, more inline with Emma's&Logan personality.
    I think the connection is already there and growing stronger by the second. We saw in Planet Size that she could sense the planet was 'happy'. But yeah, I would also like to see how her connection to the new world around her influences her.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Man I just want them to stop getting lazy with her powers... Like challenge her God damnit. Test her powers and your creativity as a writer do something! Besides lighting strike fancy cloud. But oh well.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone know if the new lethal legion has any other appearances outside SWORDS? I was researching about them and I didn't find much about .
    Storm will have a tough day tomorrow especially against Half-Bot who seems to be the most powerful and dangerous of this new team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Does anyone know if the new lethal legion has any other appearances outside SWORDS? I was researching about them and I didn't find much about .
    Storm will have a tough day tomorrow especially against Half-Bot who seems to be the most powerful and dangerous of this new team.
    Nope to the best of my knowledge they are new characters

Man I just want them to stop getting lazy with her powers... Like challenge her God damnit. Test her powers and your creativity as a writer do something! Besides lighting strike fancy cloud. But oh well.
    From your fingertips to the writers eyes and brain.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Cloud hair storm FOREVER.
    I do like the cloud hair.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I can see your pov and I somewhat agree. The main thing that I would point out is that while she has claimed her title she has yet to truly embrace her divinity in the 'physicals' sense. And of course it's not a mandatory requirement to be bullet proof to be a Goddess (no one is worshipping Frenzy for example), it would cement her status as one in the eyes of many. We know the Wakandan gods are suppose to have infinite physicals according to their data chart yet we've yet to see Storm display anything near that. In fact I think the recent preview from S..W.O.R.D. was a glowing neon missed chance by Ewing to finally show us that Goddess durability OR an elemental form.

But going back to my earlier post, I think that her using her power to one shot Adversary was giving her a taste of her power (much like rogue Storm) and that's why she's so hesitant about tapping into it further. I mean I'm not expecting Storm to wipe out a planet like in that Black Vortex mirror scan, but it would be nice to see that the power is in there and she could use it IF the situation came up.

I do agree 100% that writers are confused when it comes to her. No one is confused when it comes to Thor or Doctor Strange or Ms. Marvel (Carol) or any number of the other powerhouses, but everyone is confused about Storm.
    I come to announce that featz are on the way friends! Ororo is not here for the games

#xmenweds, #bplegends2, #sword10

I think we should revisit this discussion after sword 11. I think ororo is going to have to do more than her typical weather stunts for whats to come.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Oh wow. I look good here
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Oh wow. I look good here
    you always slay honey!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

I felt this established her connection or communion with Arrako as she states the planet is alive.

I come to announce that featz are on the way friends! Ororo is not here for the games

I think we should revisit this discussion after sword 11. I think ororo is going to have to do more than her typical weather stunts for whats to come.
    Oh sh!t! I'm ready to EATTTTT!

I hope someone is choking again.....ahahah kidding....yes!!! Its good decision to take a leave from work today -- sorry job storm is more important today ahahaha