Page 716 of 772 FirstFirst ... 216616666706712713714715716717718719720726766 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 11576

Attachment 116002

Attachment 116001

Attachment 116000

I think I'm starting to get the picture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Real question. Who was the last person to ascend to God hood?
    Aside from Doom.

Very honestly Storm being a literal born goddess human to ascension is like a whole thing on its own.
    Which is why I was mad Magma got Selene as her rouge.
    Basically a lot of white male charachters venom and starlord just from this year alone. Oh and immortal hulk is apparently the avatar of the one below all along with all gamma monsters so Jenifer being a potential god that is progress?
    The difference between them all and storm is that storm might literally be osthur in the flesh from birth but not truly aware of herself or identity. The air that osthur presides over in mythology is known as the aether. Now this is a universal substance that is the source of life, magic, quintessence, chi and all mystical energy. It is the air or substance the gods breathe in mythology hence why osthur in particular is invoked as the omnipotent osthur because of all the elder gods she in particularly is known for her sheer raw power. And her place in the cosmic heirachy is above that of the skyfathers as her son agamotto is on par with galactus and he is the weakest of the vishanti trinity. She is said to rule over logic and reason which may explain why storm is very level headed even in the most dire of situations and is known for her kindness and benevolent which is another strong quality storm posseses. They are very very similar.

I am bummed that Coates wasn't allowed to explore his vision for the charachter. All I have said is theory but would be nice to see the lineage of the windriders given some attention by xwriters. But I know eventually we would explore that maybe next year or ten years or even fifty years from now, but It would eventually come, I hope.

BANNED

The first two images I get the last one I don't really get.
    But yes the death card means metamorphosis, a drastic change is coming for storm which would upend what we know about the charachter. And from what tarn said of amneth she might be tied to eldritch realms or beings through her blood. She was wielding eldritch energies with ease in limbo when she lost her mutant gifts.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say the same. Storm is resistant to the natural elements so she shouldn't have any problems if she can withstand the direct radiation of the Sun.
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh I thought about that statement but I believe she was referring to her immunity to radiation such as uv from the sun. I haven't seen storm withstand actual fire before which is ridiculous seeing as she is immune to lightning itself and has breathe fire and ice.The problem is that her heat based feats are inconsistent. She has gotten burnt by others before such as havok and sunspot. Which is even more stupid now I think about it cause storm has channelled heat from millions of suns without trouble. But the delusions still take place.
    yea it certainly was but I believe she has some other instances where she has not been burned by direct fire. there are other instances where she has. that said she channeled lightning in her body which can be as hot as 6-7x the temperature of the hottest flame there is no reason why she shouldn't be immune to burning even from fire.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

definitely like wiccan osthur is but something more as storm literally becomes the bright lady herself. I believe hadari yao and osthur are the same entity with different names. Now I know this sounds crazy, but Hadari yao is the walker of clouds and the goddess who preserves the balance between all natural things. Oshtur is the grey goddess of balance and the lady of the air and the goddess of the skies. There was a hint that in ororo's bloodline there are women who are called windriders who have white hair, blue eyes and immense magical potential, we even saw this ancestor once defending her village from invaders. Storm is one of such women but she is more as she tapped into the very essence of the blessing and for a very brief moment became the bright lady when the wakandans believed in her.
    She is a bigger god than adversary a fact tachala was very certain of, they also talk of a greater and higher power when referring to her as though bast herself is not enough. She also sates that she replaced all the orishas which is I think means more than is let on..

But the thing that really made me really believe that they are the same person is the fact that osthur and Hadari yao both get more powerful with more worshipers.
    Osthur in particular is the true power of the vishanti being the absolute source of white magic in the entire marvel universe. She is invoked by other magical practitioners for a boost in the magical power of a spell in particular. Osthur has also been known to appear as a woman with white hair and blue eyes similar to storm and her ancestors in appearance indicating some genetic link. I am still doing research but soo far this is what I have been able to gather. And from this I believe this was something Coates was trying to fully establish cementing storms true importance in the marvel universe as the deity she always has been and answering the questions that has been surrounding her this whole time.
    Hmm I found it interesting, don't get me wrong, but if Storm really is an incarnation of Oshtur it will make her extremely powerful (not that she isn't, but we're talking Elder Gold), and the consequence would be a lot of nerfs , something nothing new in Storm's life, but the fact that she could be an Elder Gold, could make it worse, even more so she's in a core where Xoffice doesn't know how to work with the magic core (just look at Magik, or Ororo herself as an example). One of the reasons I don't like Wiccano is that it was created to be very powerful, but Marvel doesn't know what to do with it and, in my opinion, it doesn't have a lot of personality, this character.

And I see more about the fact that Ororo was a daughter, or descendant of a Goddess, or several of several lol, Shuri explained that the Orixás were sons and descendants of the first gods, mortals who lit up to divinity, but because they already have a little divine spark in their essences, that's how I interpreted it.

Attachment 116002

Attachment 116001

Attachment 116000

I think I'm starting to get the picture.
    Do you think this could be the future of Storm? Or is there something more to it? I'm really interested in this...

Real question. Who was the last person to ascend to God hood?
    Aside from Doom.

Very honestly Storm being a literal born goddess human to ascension is like a whole thing on its own.
    Which is why I was mad Magma got Selene as her rouge.
    I heard that in Iron Man's solo comic book, he glimpsed his future, becoming a God, if I'm not mistaken, lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I heard that in Iron Man's solo comic book, he glimpsed his future, becoming a God, if I'm not mistaken, lol
    if iron man ever canoically becomes a god i think I would have to quit reading marvel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if iron man ever canoically becomes a god i think I would have to quit reading marvel.
    https://screenrant.com/iron-man-god-...mation-marvel/
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Hmm I found it interesting, don't get me wrong, but if Storm really is an incarnation of Oshtur it will make her extremely powerful (not that she isn't, but we're talking Elder Gold), and the consequence would be a lot of nerfs , something nothing new in Storm's life, but the fact that she could be an Elder Gold, could make it worse, even more so she's in a core where Xoffice doesn't know how to work with the magic core (just look at Magik, or Ororo herself as an example). One of the reasons I don't like Wiccano is that it was created to be very powerful, but Marvel doesn't know what to do with it and, in my opinion, it doesn't have a lot of personality, this character.

And I see more about the fact that Ororo was a daughter, or descendant of a Goddess, or several of several lol, Shuri explained that the Orixás were sons and descendants of the first gods, mortals who lit up to divinity, but because they already have a little divine spark in their essences, that's how I interpreted it.
    This was simply a theory to based on conjectural evidence I gathered and connecting the dots trying to figure out what Coates plan was. I may very much be wrong. For much as I am a nut for power I actually don't want her to become the all-goddess . Because oshtur is by all accounts the most powerful of the elder gods her only rivals are her sister Gaia and chthon both of which are beneath her. Her omega level mutant abilities are of more interest to me when it comes to her power development.

I just want to see a wind rider of the past and the lore that is of their family. I want us to go deeper into her ancestry learn about past windriders and other non windrider members of the family. Their relationship with oshtur how it came to be among many other things. Cause the name hadari yao was not just made up by wakandans it is an ancient name of prophesy and very known.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yep ALOT of them are of have become gods like once or twice already.

This was simply a theory to based on conjectural evidence I gathered and connecting the dots trying to figure out what Coates plan was. I may very much be wrong. For much as I am a nut for power I actually don't want her to become the all-goddess . Because oshtur is by all accounts the most powerful of the elder gods her only rivals are her sister Gaia and chthon both of which are beneath her. Her omega level mutant abilities are of more interest to me when it comes to her power development.

I just want to see a wind rider of the past and the lore that is of their family. I want us to go deeper into her ancestry learn about past windriders and other non windrider members of the family. Their relationship with oshtur how it came to be among many other things. Cause the name hadari yao was not just made up by wakandans it is an ancient name of prophesy and very known.
    Thank you for clarifying this because you know some are quick to poo poo on the discussion about Storm and her power levels.

It would be nice to see Storm reach that level of potential so we can finally see it all fleshed out. We see characters reach their "full" potential for the plot time and time again so I don't see why the same couldn't be the same for Storm.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Yep ALOT of them are of have become gods like once or twice already.
    I subscribe to the mentality that unless prayer makes you more powerful than you aren't a god, you're just god-"like". Hell it's the only way to differentiate between all these supremely powerful characters.

BANNED

I subscribe to the mentality that unless prayer makes you more powerful than you aren't a god, you're just god-"like". Hell it's the only way to differentiate between all these supremely powerful characters.
    Yes an actual god is a being who literally can gain power from worship. That's because the have a godhead whilst the others don't.

BANNED

Thank you for clarifying this because you know some are quick to poo poo on the discussion about Storm and her power levels.

It would be nice to see Storm reach that level of potential so we can finally see it all fleshed out. We see characters reach their "full" potential for the plot time and time again so I don't see why the same couldn't be the same for Storm.
    Exactly I love storms mutant powers they are science based and allow me to learn more about nature and the universe. Theorizing with them are very fun. I love her godhood too because it really drives home the ompf feeling we get from storm which just sets her apart from well all those around her. Why she feels bigger than all of them. Because she is above that literally. I also live it that it is a thing given to her by her family it gives her a very interesting lineage something that marvel is trying with many other heroes and failing.
    I want to see if for the briefest of moment her to touch her true potential or at least go nearer than she has ever before. It would really drive home how much of a powerhouse she truly is.

Also side note I just read sword 8 again and I just saw she stated she is an omega and more, this means that Ewing has something planned for her I just hope he gets the book and space to do what he needs to do. I want to know why exactly storm was stated by knull to be more powerful than, Thor, hulk and basically all the heroes on earth. What is truly there. Because if it was an omega thing hulk would also be stated to be the most powerful as he also has an undefinable upper limit to his power and if it were just divinity cosmic Thor had just one shotted galactus so I am guessing it is the sum of both..