Page 729 of 772 FirstFirst ... 229629679719725726727728729730731732733739 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Storm is a far more interesting character when they tap into her human side, no interest in boring generic perfect goddess persona so I love it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those boots are still bothering me. **** practicality...Storm should not be wearing shoes that look as though they were on BoGo at Payless
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am attached cause I believed Ewing is writing storm and I know what Ewing has done for Monica, america chavez and blue marvel. He is one of the few white writers who can expertly tell rich full stories of poc comic charachters with their abilities being expanded beautiful. Most others are just trash when it comes to poc charachters.
    I understand perfectly, let's wait for next year, for sure there will be good things for Storm, she is majestic and iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well that's depressing news. I hate to say it, but I hope Immortal's Storm is a background figure. I'd rather she be a shadow than be horribly written.
    Can you tell me what titles the writer wrote about xmens?

I noticed storms besties are there too: sobunar, lactuca and xilo. Wonder what they would be doing seeing as they are the only poc rep aside storm in this thing.
    I really want to see her relationship with the Arakki develop. I feel like they need to see her as a Goddess, lol, but also a friend..

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Attachment 116070
    And here I thought Id miss the Hellfire gala outfit with all the excitement with the new capeless frohawk....
    Imma miss Ewing too...coz I imagined him doing Storm's morning routine like he did Taki...now that would be fun...and yet we havent seen sword 11 yet....so lets see...
    #CloudCapeRules
    Ah, if it weren't for Twitter... I noticed that Mark Brooks designed Ororo's straight hair for the second time, while at that time it's not straight...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Dont like this at all. Im so sick and tired of the mohawk styles on her. Let her hair just be, why dont we?

Her gala/regent outfit is my fav fit in...forever.
    Hey, but it's her hair, but with a nice hairstyle, I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Storm is a far more interesting character when they tap into her human side, no interest in boring generic perfect goddess persona so I love it.
    Because you think like that? She can still be a Goddess, and still have her human side, still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Dont like this at all. Im so sick and tired of the mohawk styles on her. Let her hair just be, why dont we?

Her gala/regent outfit is my fav fit in...forever.
    same for me.

Here the new costume and hair looks super cool though:

Attachment 116081

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what was his role relative to the disciples?
    James the lesser was the only disciple that was said to be the blood relation of Jesus weather his cousin or brother is unclear. Some are speculating online that this is tied to her divine heritage and or her status as omega and ruler of the solar system either was idc.
    Oh another user broke it down on twitter
    Attachment 116084

yes we can.... fingers are definitely crossed.

what was his role relative to the disciples?

I agree hopefully she is way in the background. it's like the worst case scenario is happening right now.
    Isn't the worse case scenario always happening with us? Because I feel we always get our hopes up on certain development and it goes sideways almost all the time.
    Even with the regency I feared storm would be a figurehead to Abigail's schemes and it looks like we are headed there, it's kinda jarring and it gives me mental whiplash a lot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I understand perfectly, let's wait for next year, for sure there will be good things for Storm, she is majestic and iconic.

Can you tell me what titles the writer wrote about xmens?

I really want to see her relationship with the Arakki develop. I feel like they need to see her as a Goddess, lol, but also a friend..

Ah, if it weren't for Twitter... I noticed that Mark Brooks designed Ororo's straight hair for the second time, while at that time it's not straight...

Hey, but it's her hair, but with a nice hairstyle, I really liked it.
    Yh dedinately I mean the one thing the xoffice gets right is yaassss quueeen entrance moments and her different fashion moments.
    I would be content if her entire time in this run is hanging out with these three and Isca. It feels like they would have a lot of fun.

Her new costume looks like One Piece character meets Cher that will look appropriate for a title like Marauders.

Her being a Regent and all, it's not as befitting, but it is indeed practical when she's out there in the field.

I prefer her hair in that Immortal X-Men Last Supper art. I'm kind of tired with anything mohawk related for now. None of the recent Mohawk designs have really clicked other than the original Punk Storm IMO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Because you think like that? She can still be a Goddess, and still have her human side, still active.
    The problem is that generally writers don't find that sort of personality attractive to write which is why i find the "all perfect goddess" characterization a negative.

It's why the likes of Emma and Kwannon have become very popular with writers over the last few years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    The problem is that generally writers don't find that sort of personality attractive to write which is why i find the "all perfect goddess" characterization a negative.

It's why the likes of Emma and Kwannon have become very popular with writers over the last few years.
    I would say they are not good at writing true larger than life chatachters period. A good writer can make a piece of wood compelling. And the all perfect goddess thing doesn't hold up too because storm is not really that she struggles, she is imperfect, she copes. They can engage her divinity from a human angle and still do both justice. The issue is that few have the dexterity and talent to actually handle a charachter like her. That is both a blessing and a curse because it makes her such a larger than life charachter that is soo iconic she would forever popular but on the other hand your basic run of the mill writer can not capture her voice without botching it. Hence why those aware of this simply don't focus on her whist those that try well fail with the exception of a few. We need god tier writer's to handle storm without Hickman Ewing is the strongest candidate and I would put him above Hickman because he actually has better track with poc charachters. The rest as much as I love some just can't hit it out of the park with storm at least from what they have shown me.
    Focusing on Scott or Emma is easy because they kinda have an archetype Scott is a boy scout and Emma is a manipulator, whether they are good or bad they would always be from that angle. Storm on the other hand is compassionate yet firm, stoic yet loving, divine yet human, leader yet follower...etc. she feels too much to ever properly be done justice some would say it is Claremont's doing making her too complex probably even more or as much as Erik but even he has a hook mutant supremacists, storm doesn't not really it's a bit nebulous all we know is that she doesn't kill and she would do what she believes is right to protect people? Mutants? Both? which depending on context could mean any of those.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Everyone has their opinion on what characteristics storm should embody so putting that aside characters with godlike or actual god abilities have thrived in the comicbook medium without any problems from writers. Wonder Woman (demi-god or true goddess dependingon the version), Superman, Thor, Hulk, Dr. Stange, Captain Marvel, etc. Looking at marvel specifically their upper tier heroes were even boosted with more power here recently, i.e., Thor getting galactus cosmic power, carol getting magic abilities, and iron man getting cosmic power making him iron god. There are plenty of examples that would demonstrate writers dont have a problem with that type of storytelling and these characters are quite popular. Moreover, having a godhead doesn't make you perfect. In fact the opposite can be argued. You can look to the Greek/Roman mythology for proof of this. Their stories are filled with stories of jealousy, lust, insecurity, infidelity, and the list of imperfect descriptors go on and on. All in all, Storm canonical goddess storyline can be handled in a way where she isn't perfect or infallible without diminishing her abilities to mirror other less powerful characters.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

James the lesser was the only disciple that was said to be the blood relation of Jesus weather his cousin or brother is unclear. Some are speculating online that this is tied to her divine heritage and or her status as omega and ruler of the solar system either was idc.
    Oh another user broke it down on twitter
    Attachment 116084

Isn't the worse case scenario always happening with us? Because I feel we always get our hopes up on certain development and it goes sideways almost all the time.
    Even with the regency I feared storm would be a figurehead to Abigail's schemes and it looks like we are headed there, it's kinda jarring and it gives me mental whiplash a lot of times.

Yh dedinately I mean the one thing the xoffice gets right is yaassss quueeen entrance moments and her different fashion moments.
    I would be content if her entire time in this run is hanging out with these three and Isca. It feels like they would have a lot of fun.

since that is more likely just promo art i won't get to in the weeds with trying to dissect the meaning but it is very interesting.

yea im trying to wait until everything is announced before jumping to conclusions but we've certainly been here before as storm fans where we were promised great things only for it to fizzle into nothing

also wanted to add you make great points about storm regarding her godhesd. it was beautifully said. what I want is for writers to finally embrace her power instead of shying away from it. storms entire history has been that which embraced her humanity. so i think it will be refreshing and new to see stories that look to bteak away from her status quo. telling stories about her humanity just feels very regressive and its frankly played out.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-09-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

since that is more likely just promo art i won't get to in the weeds with trying to dissect the meaning but it is very interesting.

yea im trying to wait until everything is announced before jumping to conclusions but we've certainly been here before as storm fans where we were promised great things only for it to fizzle into nothing

also wanted to add you make great points about storm regarding her godhesd. it was beautifully said. what I want is for writers to finally embrace her power instead of shying away from it. storms entire history has been that which embraced her humanity. so i think it will be refreshing and new to see stories that look to bteak away from her status quo. telling stories about her humanity just feels very regressive and its frankly played out.
    Is there an announcement coming today?

Is there an announcement coming today?
    not sure but if going by the titles listed on the promotional art for destiny x xmen rad may be the last title announced.

I would say they are not good at writing true larger than life chatachters period. A good writer can make a piece of wood compelling. And the all perfect goddess thing doesn't hold up too because storm is not really that she struggles, she is imperfect, she copes. They can engage her divinity from a human angle and still do both justice. The issue is that few have the dexterity and talent to actually handle a charachter like her. That is both a blessing and a curse because it makes her such a larger than life charachter that is soo iconic she would forever popular but on the other hand your basic run of the mill writer can not capture her voice without botching it. Hence why those aware of this simply don't focus on her whist those that try well fail with the exception of a few. We need god tier writer's to handle storm without Hickman Ewing is the strongest candidate and I would put him above Hickman because he actually has better track with poc charachters. The rest as much as I love some just can't hit it out of the park with storm at least from what they have shown me.
    Focusing on Scott or Emma is easy because they kinda have an archetype Scott is a boy scout and Emma is a manipulator, whether they are good or bad they would always be from that angle. Storm on the other hand is compassionate yet firm, stoic yet loving, divine yet human, leader yet follower...etc. she feels too much to ever properly be done justice some would say it is Claremont's doing making her too complex probably even more or as much as Erik but even he has a hook mutant supremacists, storm doesn't not really it's a bit nebulous all we know is that she doesn't kill and she would do what she believes is right to protect people? Mutants? Both? which depending on context could mean any of those.
    Everyone has their opinion on what characteristics storm should embody so putting that aside characters with godlike or actual god abilities have thrived in the comicbook medium without any problems from writers. Wonder Woman (demi-god or true goddess dependingon the version), Superman, Thor, Hulk, Dr. Stange, Captain Marvel, etc. Looking at marvel specifically their upper tier heroes were even boosted with more power here recently, i.e., Thor getting galactus cosmic power, carol getting magic abilities, and iron man getting cosmic power making him iron god. There are plenty of examples that would demonstrate writers dont have a problem with that type of storytelling and these characters are quite popular. Moreover, having a godhead doesn't make you perfect. In fact the opposite can be argued. You can look to the Greek/Roman mythology for proof of this. Their stories are filled with stories of jealousy, lust, insecurity, infidelity, and the list of imperfect descriptors go on and on. All in all, Storm canonical goddess storyline can be handled in a way where she isn't perfect or infallible without diminishing her abilities to mirror other less powerful characters.
    I love when people read my mind and type exactly how I feel. Thank you both, lmao!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

not sure but if going by the titles listed on the promotional art for destiny x xmen rad may be the last title announced.
    Yeah, so it's likely X-Men Red won't get announced until late next week.