Page 73 of 772 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I never had a problem with the idea of them together but how it happened as said really did leave a bad taste in my mouth but i actually gave it a chance and bought some books and the story hudlin wrote completely turned me off. I did not grow up in a house with a submissive mother that did everything my father said. I'm sure some people did. My father worked and my mother paid all the bills and did most of the heavy lifting it wasn't until she came up to a wall that my father stepped in but they always supported each other. I never saw my father try to make my mother less than what she was so from my perspective that is what felt like hudlin was doing. He did not imo see black women the way i personally do as Strong and he didn't see black men as i saw them, a true black man knows he is only as strong as his woman because they get stronger together.

But there was nothing else. They offered no Storm material, nothing, she literally went from lead to supporting character and they completely pulled her out the x-books and those of us who didn't even read BP at the time had no where else we could even go to read storm except a place where she was written subordinate.

As for claremont, he himself said they were enver meant to be together. He himself said they were too powerful in personality and neither would relent and in a lot of ways he was right expect hudlin had ororo continuously relenting.

Then came coates, i personally was enjoying Extraodinary Xmen and i vs x and there was peace among fans again and coates came along and i stanned him hard in the beginning, i really did, i didn't listen to some of the gripes about his writing like slavery and stuff but after years of reading tchalla being nothing but good to Ororo there was just no going back for me when he had her basically dress him down to Nakia and act like he was some basic dude that didn't change. I honestly felt in the relationship BP was the true VIP this time around but that is all Ororo wrote. I don't want to read about a man so desperately in love with a woman, a king fighting slavery to get back to her, for him to be treated like some basic manslut. But that's just me personally, if i'm honest i don't do the groupthink if i like it i like it. To me it never made sense though how people tried to make it personal on both sides when as far as i'm concerned it never was for me it was purely the material and the fact that one could only be up at a time it seems.

There has never been middle ground. And honestly for me i didn't think there was any going back after they actually wrote Cap telling him to sit down and him watching his wife leave. To me that was worse than the annulment, worse than the fist fight but i still gave it another chance. I'm just done. It's not like i have a personal vendetta against them i just never got anything out of it as a purchaser of material but disappointment, confusion, and a distaste for the phrase "black love."

The only way i will accept it at this point is a splinter team from both franchises that work to build up both characers and have Storm reach out to her homeland in kenya as well. I need more than just a queen when im use to reading a warrior goddess. But i hope they never go there again just so i don't have to deal wiith it to be honest.

Especially since as is i'm only holding on to comics by a thread. I'm just so over having to feel like i have to fight to buy something to be represented in. And the black face art they do (white people painted black to look black or asian people colored orange to look asian) makes me nausea to look at lately. Why in a visual medium can't artist do facial features (but now im just tangenting so i shall end it here.)
    They're seriously doing that? I know they've had issues with colorism but this one sounds like something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Which was later retconned in an Annual post divorce. And with good reason, they drew T'Challa and Ororo, who canonically were supposed to be 11/12 to look like 17/18 year olds just so they can depict them having sex.

But if you like that shit...um ew.
    Let's not make them younger than they are. Ororo was 12 and T'Challa was 13 I guess, I am not sure how old T'Challa is, if we take his origins, he should be 30 years younger than Ororo since Ororo was born in later 1950, while T'Challa was born in 1980, which means that he is like 30 years younger. But I think they've scratched that for quite some time now and T'Challa is like, if not one, then a few years older than her.

As far for the comment above, I do not enjoy such things but I do consider that this happened in Africa and they both were raised with African traditions, so it is normal, regardless of what everyone else says or thinks. Once more in Africa, most girls lose their virginity around that age. And boys pick their girls at age 8 to 9, which is another strange thing for me personally but yeah it is so. This usually gives them a few years, 2-3 years, to get to know each other, flirt and if the girl is interested to proceed. And for the record Storm was the one who was seeking to be recognized as matured and T'Challa obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Let's not make them younger than they are. Ororo was 12 and T'Challa was 13 I guess, I am not sure how old T'Challa is, if we take his origins, he should be 30 years younger than Ororo since Ororo was born in later 1950, while T'Challa was born in 1980, which means that he is like 30 years younger. But I think they've scratched that for quite some time now and T'Challa is like, if not one, then a few years older than her.

As far for the comment above, I do not enjoy such things but I do consider that this happened in Africa and they both were raised with African traditions, so it is normal, regardless of what everyone else says or thinks. Once more in Africa, most girls lose their virginity around that age. And boys pick their girls at age 8 to 9, which is another strange thing for me personally but yeah it is so. This usually gives them a few years, 2-3 years, to get to know each other, flirt and if the girl is interested to proceed. And for the record Storm was the one who was seeking to be recognized as matured and T'Challa obliged.
    I'm just glad it was retconned to be honest. A 12 year old girl asking to be matured through the d. Definitely a mn wrote that and as far as I know the writer may be black but he's american not african and that does not fly for me. They would have not done white children like that. It just is what it is. That scene felt like straight pedophilia to me.

The writer framing two children having sex is no different than a producer trying to write a script featuring an explicit scene between two children. It was gross, it showed how black girls are usually sexualized by the media and how they are suppose to somehow be more mature. Just thinking about the idea of a man thinking of a 12 year old wanting to be womanized and them letting him do it makes me want to throw up.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-12-2021 at 05:00 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just look at the art. Why can't these artist draw asian characters or black characters. They literally draw the same faces and rely on the colorist to make the person "look black" via color. Compare that to kirby and artist of the past. Look at kwannon in some panels in hellions. Etc. Look at jubilee, amadeus, many recent storm images and take the color off of it and if not for the costume you would never know. The colorist should rely on the artist who relies on the colorist but I'm starting to feel comics as is, well most isn't a good art medium. You can draw all the flashy stuff you want but if you can't do the variance of facil features in a visual medium you just shouldn't be there.

And latino characters? Oh boy. There is a lot of variances there but 9.5 out of 10 times they only draw them looking european too.

For an example of good art go read kib:black panther or just look through it and look at those faces those beautiful faces. Or see russel dauterman. Real artist.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-12-2021 at 05:11 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    most comic characters are "ageless" to a degree.

it sure was and such a pleasant surprise. Ewing just put to bed any claim Coates run is somehow fanfic.

the storm pages could have been left out and more detail could have gone into the random Panther that could ward off Phoenix lol. people trash Coates for making storm a goddess which canonically makes sense but was cheering the anti-phoenix Panther on? yea I will pass.
    Details would have been nice given the phoenix can blow up planets. Having anti planet ending threats is normal for Wakanda. In Priest they had a procedure for dealing with Galactus if he showed up. They don't expand on it, its just a 'thats crazy moment'.

If Coates made her a goddes in a X-men comic book than I wouldn't care. But he had to trash, rewrite Bast, and Wakandan history via a Native American analog to do it. That was out of line. Vita did the same thing in her Marauders issue. Changing history unnecessarily for a certain outcome.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-12-2021 at 05:16 AM.

most comic characters are "ageless" to a degree.

it sure was and such a pleasant surprise. Ewing just put to bed any claim Coates run is somehow fanfic.

the storm pages could have been left out and more detail could have gone into the random Panther that could ward off Phoenix lol. people trash Coates for making storm a goddess which canonically makes sense but was cheering the anti-phoenix Panther on? yea I will pass.
    Yeah, when I saw that I rolled my eyes and went lol. The absolute absurdity.

Just look at the art. Why can't these artist draw asian characters or black characters. They literally draw the same faces and rely on the colorist to make the person "look black" via color. Compare that to kirby and artist of the past. Look at kwannon in some panels in hellions. Etc. Look at jubilee, amadeus, many recent storm images and take the color off of it and if not for the costume you would never know. The colorist should rely on the artist who relies on the colorist but I'm starting to feel comics as is, well most isn't a good art medium. You can draw all the flashy stuff you want but if you can't do the variance of facil features in a visual medium you just shouldn't be there.

And latino characters? Oh boy. There is a lot of variances there but 9.5 out of 10 times they only draw them looking european too.

For an example of good art go read kib:black panther or just look through it and look at those faces those beautiful faces. Or see russel dauterman. Real artist.

Ororo is a mixture of African and American, she is not pure African like Wakanda people. I do agree that KiB BP art was really good this week, but I've seen them look worse. It really depends on the artist and his take on the characters. Some understand a mixture of African and American, to be American face with black skin (quite possible if I may add), others understand 50/50 for face and lighter tone of black colour for skin (very possible as well). Storm was always depicted as the latter than the first one.

So I'm scrolling through my Disney plus and every time I go over and X-Men movie Storm face is always front and center all except apocalypse. Am I reading too much into this or is there big MCU Storm focus going on?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So I'm scrolling through my Disney plus and every time I go over and X-Men movie Storm face is always front and center all except apocalypse. Am I reading too much into this or is there big MCU Storm focus going on?
    Nothing concrete just the rumor of her possibly appearing in thor besides that disney know where that bread and butter is. Storm. I still want disney to give us a proper princess movie but with Storm with some old school disney animation and the recent independence they give to some female princess now. Wash that frog princess trash away.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

if big names like catwoman and batman can work surely tchalla and ororo can.
    Catwoman, from her initial conception, was always in Batman's wheelhouse. She was literally created for him[as a sexy antagonist, part of his rogue's gallery, in Batman #1 no less]. And they STILL didn't get married.

Trying to pair Storm and BP is more akin to trying to pair Wonder Woman with Batman. Fun for an Elseworld, but it would never work in the main continuity/for the long haul.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Let's not make them younger than they are. Ororo was 12 and T'Challa was 13 I guess, I am not sure how old T'Challa is, if we take his origins, he should be 30 years younger than Ororo since Ororo was born in later 1950, while T'Challa was born in 1980, which means that he is like 30 years younger. But I think they've scratched that for quite some time now and T'Challa is like, if not one, then a few years older than her..
    You have to ignore specific years, because the timeline is always sliding. It's more about relativity. Priest said T'Challa was already into his 30's at the start of his run in the late 90's. In my head he was about 4 years older than her(so he was 16 when she was 12). He's 5 extra years older now from Coates run. So let's say she's now 29/30, he's more like 38/39.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Catwoman, from her initial conception, was always in Batman's wheelhouse. She was literally created for him[as a sexy antagonist, part of his rogue's gallery, in Batman #1 no less]. And they STILL didn't get married.

Trying to pair Storm and BP is more akin to trying to pair Wonder Woman with Batman. Fun for an Elseworld, but it would never work in the main continuity/for the long haul.
    I see it more as trying to pair Wonder Woman with Aquaman, but get what're saying. Maybe it would've worked in the 90's when T'Challa was pretty much absent, but I don't see it working now that he has his own franchise now.

Ororo is a mixture of African and American, she is not pure African like Wakanda people. I do agree that KiB BP art was really good this week, but I've seen them look worse. It really depends on the artist and his take on the characters. Some understand a mixture of African and American, to be American face with black skin (quite possible if I may add), others understand 50/50 for face and lighter tone of black colour for skin (very possible as well). Storm was always depicted as the latter than the first one.
    Black people in America have features too. And America isn't white. I don't even honestly understand what is meant by an American face.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Black people in America have features too. And America isn't white. I don't even honestly understand what is meant by an American face.
    I can't speak for nobody else, but growing up in my area, people would equate not having a wide-ish nose or big-ass J.J. Evans lips as white folks features.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I can't speak for nobody else, but growing up in my area, people would equate not having a wide-ish nose or big-ass J.J. Evans lips as white folks features.
    Wow this is the first i'm hearing this and i grew up in the tristate. The good tristate.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.