Page 730 of 772 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I love when people read my mind and type exactly how I feel. Thank you both, lmao!
    you welcome but I would have still loved to read your thoughts on that subject lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, so it's likely X-Men Red won't get announced until late next week.

ughhhhjj please I need storm to be still written by Ewing. my heart can't take the suspense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    The problem is that generally writers don't find that sort of personality attractive to write which is why i find the "all perfect goddess" characterization a negative.

It's why the likes of Emma and Kwannon have become very popular with writers over the last few years.
    Lol, the problem is that neither Psylocke and Emma, ​​​​are goddesses, or have been treated as one in their personal stories, writing Ororo as a real Goddess is respecting her past, her ancestry, something that has always been "taboo" for writers, they have an easier time giving absurd powers to characters like Jean/Phoenix, Legion, but when it comes to Storm, he's always been very restrained. She can still exert that endearing, ruthless, empathetic, temperamental, spiritual, "imperfect" human personality even though she is a Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Lol, the problem is that neither Psylocke and Emma, ​​​​are goddesses, or have been treated as one in their personal stories, writing Ororo as a real Goddess is respecting her past, her ancestry, something that has always been "taboo" for writers, they have an easier time giving absurd powers to characters like Jean/Phoenix, Legion, but when it comes to Storm, he's always been very restrained. She can still exert that endearing, ruthless, empathetic, temperamental, spiritual, "imperfect" human personality even though she is a Goddess.
    and that is on period!

well said stormy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

It's that simple being a goddess doesn't absolve ororo from her humanity. I mean look at gods in marvel not one is perfect not one! Also for Ewing and art by Russell.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-09-2021 at 03:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you welcome but I would have still loved to read your thoughts on that subject lol.

ughhhhjj please I need storm to be still written by Ewing. my heart can't take the suspense.
    My heart sank when I realized that and it's clever marketing wise, makes people talk about each issue anticipating where storm would likely be. My thing is if after we wait that long and storm isn't headlining the book I would just check out. Cause I am in for some storm prime ****.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    My heart sank when I realized that and it's clever marketing wise, makes people talk about each issue anticipating where storm would likely be. My thing is if after we wait that long and storm isn't headlining the book I would just check out. Cause I am in for some storm prime ****.
    not gone lie im aiming to check out myself if we wait all the way until red is announced only to find out she is only in the council book. I will say her new outfit does seem to indicate she will play more in the field versus at the seat of the council so that is promising at least. we shall see.

I'll try. You and Nun really summed it up with pinpoint accuracy though! But be warned that I sense upcoming word vomit!

I can imagine when sitting down as a writer with Storm as the focus it can be difficult to say the least. Even on her worse day, Storm is a complicated character to write in a compelling way. Here you've got a BLACK woman who is also a mutant who (even before ascending to Godhood) wields the powers of a god but could also be put down by a well timed bullet from a average Joe.

It's a precarious job trying to find not only the proper balance in terms of villain's she could face that would ACTUALLY pose a threat added to the weight of making sure you appease the fans actually buying the book. Furthermore, you also have to take into account her voice. Mutant, mentor, warrior, ruler, woman, lover, ect.. there are so many angles to Storm we could be here a while if I had to list them all. You won't get that sort of skilled writing from just any random writer at Marvel. No writer is going to please every single fan at every issue.

That said, as you guys have pointed out, gods in real life and in fiction are FAR from faultless so I don't see how Storm would suddenly become this impossible character that can do no wrong and blink her eyes and wipe out any foe she may come across. I'll go out on a limb and say no one wants that version of Storm.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

not gone lie im aiming to check out myself if we wait all the way until red is announced only to find out she is only in the council book. I will say her new outfit does seem to indicate she will play more in the field versus at the seat of the council so that is promising at least. we shall see.
    This is what's keeping me interested in all of this. Why give her a new outfit to sit at a table and discuss whatever the hell they're going to be talking about? You don't need a new fashion statement to play Game of Thrones ft Krakoa.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Storm is a far more interesting character when they tap into her human side, no interest in boring generic perfect goddess persona so I love it.
    ??

Some of her best moments and character growth arcs were before her punk phase.

How she looks has nothing to do with how people should write her. She can look regal and non tacky and still be relatable..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    ??

Some of her best moments and character growth arcs were before her punk phase.

How she looks has nothing to do with how people should write her. She can look regal and non tacky and still be relatable..
    Facts! IDK why people think appearance defines a person's behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    CBR talks about her new look

https://www.cbr.com/strongest-xmen-l...-costume-best/
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I was watching this show centaurworld and I saw this tornado construct I thought was interesting.

and that is on period!

well said stormy.
    It's about time, she's already been confirmed as a Goddess, and why not write her as such?

It's that simple being a goddess doesn't absolve ororo from her humanity. I mean look at gods in marvel not one is perfect not one! Also for Ewing and art by Russell.
    I honestly don't know who these Storm fans are, who don't want their history to be respected, while in Marvel there are thousands of characters with absurd power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'll try. You and Nun really summed it up with pinpoint accuracy though! But be warned that I sense upcoming word vomit!

I can imagine when sitting down as a writer with Storm as the focus it can be difficult to say the least. Even on her worse day, Storm is a complicated character to write in a compelling way. Here you've got a BLACK woman who is also a mutant who (even before ascending to Godhood) wields the powers of a god but could also be put down by a well timed bullet from a average Joe.

It's a precarious job trying to find not only the proper balance in terms of villain's she could face that would ACTUALLY pose a threat added to the weight of making sure you appease the fans actually buying the book. Furthermore, you also have to take into account her voice. Mutant, mentor, warrior, ruler, woman, lover, ect.. there are so many angles to Storm we could be here a while if I had to list them all. You won't get that sort of skilled writing from just any random writer at Marvel. No writer is going to please every single fan at every issue.

That said, as you guys have pointed out, gods in real life and in fiction are FAR from faultless so I don't see how Storm would suddenly become this impossible character that can do no wrong and blink her eyes and wipe out any foe she may come across. I'll go out on a limb and say no one wants that version of Storm.
    Wrote my thought perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Oh I think they exaggerated a lot, when writing how this uniform is beautiful, but it's not all that, but it's still beautiful.

I was watching this show centaurworld and I saw this tornado construct I thought was interesting.
    It made me question, how far can Storm's mutant powers go, now that Storm is an Omega mutant, how far does her mutant powers go, can she undo storms or weather/astrological events from characters like Galactus, Entities (whether cosmic or magical), God Tempest or powerful spells?

BANNED

Oh I think they exaggerated a lot, when writing how this uniform is beautiful, but it's not all that, but it's still beautiful.

It made me question, how far can Storm's mutant powers go, now that Storm is an Omega mutant, how far does her mutant powers go, can she undo storms or weather/astrological events from characters like Galactus, Entities (whether cosmic or magical), God Tempest or powerful spells?
    That is the question we have been asking ourselves for a while now. I believe if pushed to her current extreme she can create a god tempest event. But that would depend on her energy source because as we all know storm channels enormous amounts of energy to control the weather on earth it is the em field of the planet in space it could be anything. As for cosmic entities with her omega powers that rains to be seen she has taken on herald charachters in the past but omega mutants are constantly shown to be above them with jean bitch slapping galactus. Her omega abilities need desperate exploration but I don't think with jdw in charge we would get that as up to a few months ago he thought she could only control wind and lightning.