Page 738 of 772 FirstFirst ... 238638688728734735736737738739740741742748 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    There is a lot of chatter around the X-Men red book and there is strong indication that it is our fave who leads.
    yes I saw the convo there in the thread. but I also heard

spoilers:
    storm has some nice feats in the issue
    end of spoilers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    love it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oh really, I really look forward to being disgraced by the xoffice tommorow. Let them prove me wrong for once

Fantastic Member

This new article just came out and they’ve discovered how Lightning truly forms in clouds.
    https://www.quantamagazine.org/radio...gins-20211220/
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

The same processes that govern astrophysical (cosmic) fluid dynamics govern the weather and climate, which are a process of geophysical fluid dynamics (planetary). It’s just a micro-macro scale of energy pattern manipulation. The atmosphere is just a low density fluid (gas) and it’s motion is affected by the energy from the sun, gravity, and the rotation of the earth. Storm can perceive the natural fluid energies of any environment. On Earth this is (lightning, electric fields, plasma, air, water, magma, etc) and manipulate and shape it to her will. I also believe her power manifested as a reaction to the trauma from her claustrophobia and not wanting to feel trapped by the solidity and rigidness of earth ever again. I think the reason it manifested to be at the Omega- Level is because Storm has one of the strongest wills in the marvel universe. Her power is reflected by her emotions (causing a planetary solar aurora). She never has to worry about being trapped again because no one can and no one should ever dare try.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 12-21-2021 at 04:42 AM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    The same processes that govern astrophysical (cosmic) fluid dynamics govern the weather and climate, which are a process of geophysical fluid dynamics (planetary). It’s just a micro-macro scale of energy pattern manipulation. The atmosphere is just a low density fluid (gas) and it’s motion is affected by the energy from the sun, gravity, and the rotation of the earth. Storm can perceive the natural fluid energies of any environment. On Earth this is (lightning, electric fields, plasma, air, water, magma, etc) and manipulate and shape it to her will. I also believe her power manifested as a reaction to the trauma from her claustrophobia and not wanting to feel trapped by the solidity and rigidness of earth ever again. I think the reason it manifested to be at the Omega- Level is because Storm has one of the strongest wills in the marvel universe. Her power is reflected by her emotions (causing a planetary solar aurora). She never has to worry about being trapped again because no one can and no one should ever dare try.
    Exactly what I was saying. the fundamental forces in marvel are patterns or lines of energy that originate from hyperspace. Energy patterns storm could percieve and could manipulate. Cosmic weather is sooo nebulous a term because what is weather truly? A fluid system of matter and energy or something else because in space storm could manipulate the power of the galactic core no problem.
    The solid earth itself also works like the weather with hot molten rock rising to the surface and cooler rock sinks to the lower mantle. This process is convection and it is the sane with the atmosphere for weather and even the sun.l to emanate light and energy from the core. These forces storm controls are universal and hence gives her a **** ton of versatility and power anywhere.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-21-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Exactly what I was saying. the fundamental forces in marvel are patterns or lines of energy that originate from hyperspace. Energy patterns storm could percieve and could manipulate. Cosmic weather is sooo nebulous a term because what is weather truly? A fluid system of matter and energy or something else because in space storm could manipulate the power of the galactic core no problem.
    The solid earth itself also works like the weather with hot molten rock rising to the surface and cooler rock sinks to the lower mantle. This process is convection and it is the sane with the atmosphere for weather and even the sun.l to emanate light and energy from the core. These forces storm controls are universal and hence gives her a **** ton of versatility and power anywhere.
    I do learn a lot reading you and idiopop posts. just about the weather and it's fascinations in general.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not for me but anyone into coates final run they got the whole book 9 on comixology for 80% off. that should raise some numbers i guess but i doubt even at that price by much.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

What a nice little breakfast it was reading the thread this morning! I do hope we feast tomorrow! I don't know about the rest of you but I could definitely use the dose of serotonin.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I do learn a lot reading you and idiopop posts. just about the weather and it's fascinations in general.
    It was through storm that I developed a love for the planet and nature. She is one of the strongest influencers that led me to study planetary science. How she interacted with the planet like a loving breathing organism intrigued me and her charachter made me stay.

It was through storm that I developed a love for the planet and nature. She is one of the strongest influencers that led me to study planetary science. How she interacted with the planet like a loving breathing organism intrigued me and her charachter made me stay.
    I love how you say this as I and re-reading Black Panther #16 where she's describing her connection to the storm. Very spiritual/metaphysical which is something they don't play on enough imo.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Still waiting for Sword to pop open the Champaign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Still waiting for Sword to pop open the Champaign.
    Anxiously waiting. But what I love most is that arrakii seem to be front and center as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I love how you say this as I and re-reading Black Panther #16 where she's describing her connection to the storm. Very spiritual/metaphysical which is something they don't play on enough imo.
    She is phenomenal