Page 744 of 772 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 11576

So is Xmen Red going to be a Storm solo?

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The art is beautiful and the flex was nice, though I do find it... interesting that it caused her a nose bleed. Are these aliens extremely durable?
    I just got a very crazy idea. How about we put storm in a place where there is no weather and see how her powers would adapt.

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki...d_Manipulation

Sorry I know it's very crazy, but I love mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Breakdowns like this across stories and different writers are common. I wouldn't worry about it too much because in the end I would trust Storm's opinion of the matter above either one of those two. We've seen time and time again how connected Storm is with the weather and the life force of a planet.

In an ideal world, Storm would have recruited these two (and possibly others) to be her stand-ins when nature gets a bit rogue and she can't be there. Not only would that have been a good way to showcase the skills of other elemental mutants but it would have been done in a way that throws no shade at Storm's abilities. I mean just take what's going on right now for example. Suppose Storm is fighting the Lethal Legion but there's a giant sand storm headed towards a populated area? Have Dust deal with it while Storm deals with the bigger problems.

Being a good leader is knowing when to delegate problems even when knowing you are fully capable of solving the issue yourself.
    You're right, although my biggest frustration is that there is stability in something Ororo designed, not that mutants are acting in its place. And also for Duggan totally disregarding the moment when Storm speaks with joy and spirituality that the Planet was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the omegas not taking into account some of the complexities associated with terraforming i think has potential to be a good subplot to the Arrako story especially if it allows for ororo to flex her ability to sense an imbalance with nature.

I cant wait to discuss in detail tomorrow so please make sure you come around then boo!!!
    I don't know if this goes very far, honestly, but it might be cool as long as you're a decent writer like Ewing, although your plans are different...?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Watch Brand becomes Storm's Magneto.
    Brand is becoming those characters we love to hate, but still a bold and fearless woman, I like that. hope that Storm discovers Brand's true intentions as soon as possible, this is about to become Game of Thrones, lolol

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Echo fights Adversary next issue with the Phoenix force.

So far current Adversary

1. Stated to be a pan dimensional being
    2. Stronger than the Wakandan gods stated to be the makers of the galaxies
    3. A small piece of him is stated to easily destroy the universe
    4. Possibly a Beyonder stated to be ones who hide in the shadows or something like that

Remember Storm overpowered a complete Adversary empowered with faith.

Keep in mind Storm overpowered him… He couldn’t absorbed her powers Echo has been running because he can absorb the Phoenix powers to replenish himself. Which is why she couldn’t even attack him the past issues.
    While I understand the writer's reasons for wanting only to put indigenous characters in this story, I would love to see a little mention of Ororo, the Hadari Yao x Sekafo moment being remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes they are and frenzy was also going to get exploded had she not moved and frenzy us tougher than super skrull and is in the she hulk class of durability.

Also the nose bleed was because storm was trying to hold back her power. This is the opposite to heros getting a nose bleed cause they are over exerting their powers beyond their limit. Here she is straining herself because her power is too immense that exerting them to break natural laws starts to open the flood gates. It confirms my suspicions about storms powers and why she was able to do a feat as big as the galactic core without actually burning out. Her power is meant to be on an immense scale, big and grandiose forces that's where she truly shines and where is truly free. Hence why this.

Attachment 116479

Nigh infinite raw power.
    I'm seeing people, and probably haters, interpreting that Storm was suffering from the effects of the air pressure, that she would explode too, something nonsensical, she has immunity to her own powers..
    I felt a more human touch when his nose started to bleed, although I understand the concept behind it.

It was great to see her accomplish something we've seen before, when she blew up a building in Wolverine's comics.

But I would love to see feats that we haven't seen her do yet, that she has the potential to do, I can feel the vibes of X-Men Red next year, excited to see the members who will make up the x-team, what the title will address , the villains, the Arakkis... My anxiety... Waiting for April will be painful. And most importantly, Hadari Yao moments!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wow this is my first time i've seen Storm kill someone in a panel brutally and with blood. I love it! Just shows how truly dangerous she can be if f***ed with

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She viciously slayed a mountain of demons at the start of Fall of the Mutants...with just a knife and no powers.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm seeing people, and probably haters, interpreting that Storm was suffering from the effects of the air pressure, that she would explode too, something nonsensical, she has immunity to her own powers..
    I felt a more human touch when his nose started to bleed, although I understand the concept behind it.

It was great to see her accomplish something we've seen before, when she blew up a building in Wolverine's comics.

But I would love to see feats that we haven't seen her do yet, that she has the potential to do, I can feel the vibes of X-Men Red next year, excited to see the members who will make up the x-team, what the title will address , the villains, the Arakkis... My anxiety... Waiting for April will be painful. And most importantly, Hadari Yao moments!
    Uncanny X-Men Unlimited #1 says differently...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And when she first applied that tactic by creating a Jovian pressure sphere it also nearly killed her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Uncanny X-Men Unlimited #1 says differently...
    Lol I don't get it, are you implying that the blood flowing from your nose was the effect of air pressure? It would be crazy to see Ororo exploding with her enemies, all because she couldn't focus her power only on her enemies...

Storm has full control of her powers, or having a deep connection with the elements, taking this issue into account, her powers activate with her subconscious, instantly she would protect herself from the effects of her powers, she would have to oppose the human survival instinct to want to get hurt, an example of this is when we put our hand in a hot pan, we would quickly remove our hand because of the pain, and basically that's how her powers would work, of course in a more consistent way, I can't explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And when she first applied that tactic by creating a Jovian pressure sphere it also nearly killed her.
    Ororo created a pressure jovian sphere to contain an explosion that would destroy the entire city, focused only on a small area, I don't think it would affect her body, or better to say, her, since she has total control over her powers, so she would end up destroying everything around her, if she wasn't careful.

Whenever Storm gerate a hurricane, lowered the temperature, she would make sure to protect her allies so they wouldn't be affected, an example of this when she aimed a lightning bolt at a demon that was holding Kitty, and only the demon was affected, it was in Black Sun if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So is Xmen Red going to be a Storm solo?
    It kinda seems like it but if it's not it still seems she'll be the main focus of that book

Astonishing Member

I looked at the nosebleed as more just like, a growing pains kinda thing. Like how when you work out more than you're used to, it can hurt because you're pushing your muscles to do more than they've had to do previously.....like this is just the equivalent of that for Storm, perhaps. Not a sign anything is actually wrong with her, just an indication of her using or building up 'muscles' she hasn't taxed in this way previously....as others have said, not because it was beyond the scope of her power, but because the finesse of holding back from doing too MUCH damage required a more focused grip on the sheer breadth of how she was using her powers. Like....a leverage thing? You can be a bodybuilder who can benchpress a couple hundred pounds easy, but still feel a strain when holding a box that's only half that weight if the box is of a shape that forces you to stretch your arms out wide to keep a grip on each edge of it, if you're not used to stretching in THAT particular way, y'know? But then the next time you do that its easier, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I looked at the nosebleed as more just like, a growing pains kinda thing. Like how when you work out more than you're used to, it can hurt because you're pushing your muscles to do more than they've had to do previously.....like this is just the equivalent of that for Storm, perhaps. Not a sign anything is actually wrong with her, just an indication of her using or building up 'muscles' she hasn't taxed in this way previously....as others have said, not because it was beyond the scope of her power, but because the finesse of holding back from doing too MUCH damage required a more focused grip on the sheer breadth of how she was using her powers. Like....a leverage thing? You can be a bodybuilder who can benchpress a couple hundred pounds easy, but still feel a strain when holding a box that's only half that weight if the box is of a shape that forces you to stretch your arms out wide to keep a grip on each edge of it, if you're not used to stretching in THAT particular way, y'know? But then the next time you do that its easier, etc.
    which is crazy if you think about it cause if her nose bleeds from holding back such intense power just imagine the destruction she could do had she not held back. Also crazier to think its easier for her not to hold back and be just fine

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Im sorry but I just need to just say no, no, and no.

First Storm didn't almost die when she did the jovian pressure feat. she did faint as did Rachel but nowhere did it say they almost died.

Secondly, Storm says it was hard to hold back as she was trying to contain the pressure effect. The strain came from her limiting the effect as to focus only the Lethal Legion and not from creating the pressure attack itself:

If she had just performed the feat indiscriminately she would have gotten the job done but she could have also killed xandra and the host of others around her . So I think people concluding she was straining because she was reaching some sort of limit to her abilities are misinterpreting the panel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'd also point out that Storm was 100% sure that Frenzy would also be killed by the attack if she didn't step back. We all know how durable Frenzy is, hell, just last issue!

This is definitely one for the books.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation