Page 75 of 772 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i just wanted to add if it was about the x-team just not wanting to use storm, why did they at least have the respect to not try to replace her. usually in a situation like that they would have brought in an alternate or even a white character with powers close to hers or another black character but they didn't. To me that says they felt storm could not be replaced.
    They actually did, exactly that. Let's not forget Crystal is a pure copy of Storm's powers just with all elements.

Putting aside the above, I was thinking about Storm Godhood and something flicked in my mind. Storm represents both Gaia and Typhon, the Primordial Deities of Earth and Storms. I wonder... if her bloodline sprout from them. I mean Typhon was the god of the storm, and Gaia has the same Empathic link with Earth, she is the Earth itself, so Storm Empathic capabilities may come from Gaia, while her weather manipulation powers come from Typhon. Just a theory I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Right?? I'm like sir you cannot have it both ways lol. Since you don't like the xmen find something from the Avengers lore to make the point aspects of your story is formidable as you intend to convey to the reader.

Absolutely that would have been nice OR simply don't reference the Phoenix. It literally came out of nowhere. Has this entity (anti-panther phoenix) been referenced before in Black Panther?

To your next point it comes across as a double standard that I was just mentioning. It is fine to refer to elements of xmen lore even when it's nonsensical and doesn't align to any established canon so long as it makes Wakanda look cool. The anti-phoenix Panther does exactly what you've mentioned Coates did, which was change an aspect of Wakanda lore. In the case of Coates, what specifically did Coates change? From what I understood he was adding more meat to a pantheon that didn't exist previously. So its not really the same where Coates changed history because said history wasn't established. Also, wasn't Bast changed from male to female within the BP lore? One could argue Coates should not have included Storm and the xmen lore within the BP one but that is a moot point. He did it. What he did with those elements however was canonically sound. Im not sure Thorne representation of Wakanda is the same.
    The Panther weapon doesn't change anything. Based on dialogue it doensnt seem like they always had it or used it against the Phoenix, but is a new piece of technology.

Bast can be any gender. I believe it says she has a Male and female form.

He made the gods mortal than became gods through prayer. Bast is part of a Pantheon that the sun god Atum returned to Earth and created them.

But if you want to talk about wild changes in history, you gotta read Aaron's Avengers. spoilers:
    He just made the Phoenix Thors' mother
    end of spoilers. But that was a cliff hanger ending so we'll see how it pans out. Lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm's IP is by far more centered on X-Men/mutants, as part of and leader of a team. BP's IP is by far more centered on Wakanda, where he is prince/king. Fundamentally their IP's are independent. Putting them together will only satisfy a narrow bandwidth of their respective customer base/fans. It's a diminished return. BP already made a billion+ without Storm. Storm became a household name without BP. None of their joint ventures have exceeded their independent ventures. Can good stories starring both of them be made? Of course. But a good story can come from anywhere. BP fans don't like Storm's power dwarfing him. Storm fans don't like her being diminished for his glory. McDuffie was the only one to basically balance them, but for what? An obscure few issues run of FF no one cares about?

Black love is great and should be celebrated; but it should be celebrated honorably and with focused intention, not as an afterthought, or a sales gimmick. T'Challa and Ororo both deserve better. Readers deserve better.
    Hallelujah! Glory be to the most High!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    They actually did, exactly that. Let's not forget Crystal is a pure copy of Storm's powers just with all elements.

Putting aside the above, I was thinking about Storm Godhood and something flicked in my mind. Storm represents both Gaia and Typhon, the Primordial Deities of Earth and Storms. I wonder... if her bloodline sprout from them. I mean Typhon was the god of the storm, and Gaia has the same Empathic link with Earth, she is the Earth itself, so Storm Empathic capabilities may come from Gaia, while her weather manipulation powers come from Typhon. Just a theory I had in mind.
    Crystal first appearance was a whole decade before Storm.

To the other point, it could be very possible. Thanks to butterflykiss i looked up amazing annual and it was actually pretty good, in it i am convinced the old woman who disappears at the end was gaia.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Crystal debuted a full decade before Storm, so no. If anyone was a half-hearted attempt to replace Storm it was the Five Light's Oya. She's from Africa, but instead of being celebrated as a goddess, she was rejected as a witch. Instead of reveling in her powers, spiritually one with the earth and the Goddess, she was a repressed Christian ashamed of her abilities.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And the church says amen. Why should black love be defined as any less than white love. We court, we date, we hang out for a long time before marriage. I mean come on, if Reed didn't see sue in 20 years real time as a romantic interest and then they got married after less than a year i just can't imagine white people being like "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss white love!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hallelujah! Glory be to the most High!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not only that honestly on a more simple note i don't want no 40 year old storm at the start to match Tchalla age in the MCU. I can start with that.
    Won’t have to worry about her age matching T’Challa since Feige is hellbent on not recasting him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Crystal first appearance was a whole decade before Storm.

To the other point, it could be very possible. Thanks to butterflykiss i looked up amazing annual and it was actually pretty good, in it i am convinced the old woman who disappears at the end was gaia.
    Crystal debuted a full decade before Storm, so no. If anyone was a half-hearted attempt to replace Storm it was the Five Light's Oya. She's from Africa, but instead of being celebrated as a goddess, she was rejected as a witch. Instead of reveling in her powers, spiritually one with the earth and the Goddess, she was a repressed Christian ashamed of her abilities.
    Really? Had no idea, I thought the Inhumans were created like a decade after Fox had the rights over X-Men.

Yeah, I agree with the comment for Oya, she was strange, I never liked her for some reason.

I think it would be cool if Storm ends up having her Godhead from those both Primordial Deities, imagine what can she do if she is indeed their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Won’t have to worry about her age matching T’Challa since Feige is hellbent on not recasting him.
    I heard rumours that Killmonger from an alternative dimension will take on the mantel of BP. It is a rumour so take it with a grain of salt, but I see it happening since MCU's Killmonger is among the top favourited characters among the MCU fans, really loved.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-12-2021 at 09:12 PM.

Storm's IP is by far more centered on X-Men/mutants, as part of and leader of a team. BP's IP is by far more centered on Wakanda, where he is prince/king. Fundamentally their IP's are independent. Putting them together will only satisfy a narrow bandwidth of their respective customer base/fans. It's a diminished return. BP already made a billion+ without Storm. Storm became a household name without BP. None of their joint ventures have exceeded their independent ventures. Can good stories starring both of them be made? Of course. But a good story can come from anywhere. BP fans don't like Storm's power dwarfing him. Storm fans don't like her being diminished for his glory. McDuffie was the only one to basically balance them, but for what? An obscure few issues run of FF no one cares about?

Black love is great and should be celebrated; but it should be celebrated honorably and with focused intention, not as an afterthought, or a sales gimmick. T'Challa and Ororo both deserve better. Readers deserve better.
    And the church says amen. Why should black love be defined as any less than white love. We court, we date, we hang out for a long time before marriage. I mean come on, if Reed didn't see sue in 20 years real time as a romantic interest and then they got married after less than a year i just can't imagine white people being like "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss white love!"
    Can I join your church cause this is the gospel truth!

https://giphy.com/gifs/R19tshMPCTXlS/html5

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Panther weapon doesn't change anything. Based on dialogue it doensnt seem like they always had it or used it against the Phoenix, but is a new piece of technology.

Bast can be any gender. I believe it says she has a Male and female form.

He made the gods mortal than became gods through prayer. Bast is part of a Pantheon that the sun god Atum returned to Earth and created them.

But if you want to talk about wild changes in history, you gotta read Aaron's Avengers. spoilers:
    He just made the Phoenix Thors' mother
    end of spoilers. But that was a cliff hanger ending so we'll see how it pans out. Lol.
    its not about it changing anything per say. its about the double standard of when its cool to reference xmej lore versus when it isn't.

and don't even get me started with that phoenix mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

And I did read the Annual as well for Storm, it was indeed really good. I do believe that this was one of the African Gods at the end, not sure if she was Gaia, however, her bone structure and her battered face represents some of the Spanish Gods, usually when a Spanish God overtakes a human body that human body starts to decay slowly until it becomes like the God's appearance and then it completely disappears, no bones, no teeth just dust.

And I did read the Annual as well for Storm, it was indeed really good. I do believe that this was one of the African Gods at the end, not sure if she was Gaia, however, her bone structure and her battered face represents some of the Spanish Gods, usually when a Spanish God overtakes a human body that human body starts to decay slowly until it becomes like the God's appearance and then it completely disappears, no bones, no teeth just dust.
    what annual are you referring to?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Really? Had no idea, I thought the Inhumans were created like a decade after Fox had the rights over X-Men.
    No way! The Inhumans have been around from the 1960's. As has Crystal, the Exquisite Elemental.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what annual are you referring to?
    Annual X-Men Issue 1 (2014), I think. Where Storm goes fighting that dark god which uses her auntie to summon that dark spawn from hell, or w/e.

Annual X-Men Issue 1 (2014), I think. Where Storm goes fighting that dark god which uses her auntie to summon that dark spawn from hell, or w/e.
    are you referring to Meruda?