Page 755 of 772 FirstFirst ... 255655705745751752753754755756757758759765 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 11576

Yes! Yes! Yes!

FINALLY!!!

And SHE gave an entire planet an atmosphere!
    C'mon now
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-27-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    My head is still spinning because this is huge! like really really huge! It gives a whole new meaning to the regent of Sol when she can literally generate a self sustaining sun! More of this in xmen red please, thank you!
    yes absolutely. I also loved how the writer distinguishes their abilities. yes thor can create massive storm but ororo abilities allow for her to create life sustaining weather which includes atmospheres and light that behaves as a sun. truly epic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

FINALLY!!!

And SHE gave an entire planet an atmosphere!
    C'mon now
    this reminds me of this:

goddess sighting confirmed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes babe this is a complete and utter new feat. she not only created light to provide energy for a planet but also atmosphere from nothing. she didn't even do this when she helped terraform Mars.
    I think this proves that she could have teraformed on her own if she really wanted. Like what can't she do magnetic fields? Check, atmosphere from nothing? Check, create a mini star for the planet when there is no nearby star? Check.... Infact it's still no where near the true versatile potential of an omega level weather manipulator. The best is yet to come.

yes absolutely. I also loved how the writer distinguishes their abilities. yes thor can create massive storm but ororo abilities allow for her to create life sustaining weather which includes atmospheres and light that behaves as a sun. truly epic.
    Thor is powerful no doubt but his weather abilities are temporary they can't affect existing energy patterns, storm on the other hand can and it is self sustaining too. Even Thor knows this. He is the god of thunder but storm is the goddess of all weather! Big difference.

Astonishing Member

On another note, I'm kinda hoping that when X-Men Red delves more into the Great Ring of Arakko that we see something like Storm and Lodus Logos becoming friends and him becoming like an ally of hers on the Arakko Council. I just liked the back and forth between them in SWORD #8, I believe it was. When he created that knife and she snatched it out of the air.....it called to mind all the times she and Callisto have done that to each other, and that moment in Marauders when Callisto threw a knife at Storm's face and she caught it and Pyro was like "No wonder we never beat the X-Men when I was in the Brotherhood, these people throw knives at each other's faces for fun!" And its like lol not really, its mostly just Storm and her close friends. Its a bonding thing. And also an expression of trust in both the friend throwing it and that friend trusting that the other has the skill to catch it without harm. A very unconventional sign of trust and appreciation, but then that's Ororo for you.

But anyway, that scene in SWORD just automatically reminded me of that dynamic between Storm and characters like Callisto and Yukio, and made me think that maybe they might build towards that kind of friendship between Storm and that Ring member. And the fact that Storm has this precedent established in her friendships is exactly the kind of thing that makes her such a perfect fit for being Regent of Arakko, because I totally think Arakki mutants probably look at that sorta thing as a very Arakki kinda thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    On another note, I'm kinda hoping that when X-Men Red delves more into the Great Ring of Arakko that we see something like Storm and Lodus Logos becoming friends and him becoming like an ally of hers on the Arakko Council. I just liked the back and forth between them in SWORD #8, I believe it was. When he created that knife and she snatched it out of the air.....it called to mind all the times she and Callisto have done that to each other, and that moment in Marauders when Callisto threw a knife at Storm's face and she caught it and Pyro was like "No wonder we never beat the X-Men when I was in the Brotherhood, these people throw knives at each other's faces for fun!" And its like lol not really, its mostly just Storm and her close friends. Its a bonding thing. And also an expression of trust in both the friend throwing it and that friend trusting that the other has the skill to catch it without harm. A very unconventional sign of trust and appreciation, but then that's Ororo for you.

But anyway, that scene in SWORD just automatically reminded me of that dynamic between Storm and characters like Callisto and Yukio, and made me think that maybe they might build towards that kind of friendship between Storm and that Ring member. And the fact that Storm has this precedent established in her friendships is exactly the kind of thing that makes her such a perfect fit for being Regent of Arakko, because I totally think Arakki mutants probably look at that sorta thing as a very Arakki kinda thing to do.
    I have been waiting for a follow up to that scene because even though i initially thought it was deep since i've thought it was deeper so it's good to see someone else thought about that scene as well and it's meaning. For instance the knife in a way show storm what she would fight. We assumed it was her fighting herself but it was Storm fighting a deformed version of herself which is exactly what Tarn tried to turn her into and she prevailed. Also it felt like somehow lodus knew Storm would need that weapon and that knife also turned out to be the very blade Storm shoved into tarn heart.

Logos does very much come off as a Callisto type so i get what you mean.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think this proves that she could have teraformed on her own if she really wanted. Like what can't she do magnetic fields? Check, atmosphere from nothing? Check, create a mini star for the planet when there is no nearby star? Check.... Infact it's still no where near the true versatile potential of an omega level weather manipulator. The best is yet to come.
    oh absolutely. this is what she should have done on Mars but it's awesome because now we have a showing where it clearly states she can create an atmosphere from nothing on her own.

and indeed... im curious though if this was omega or goddess. marvel made it a point to advertise this as weather goddess and not omega level mutant. thst little detail makes me think this photon manipulation story with storm was goddess stuff lol.

Thor is powerful no doubt but his weather abilities are temporary they can't affect existing energy patterns, storm on the other hand can and it is self sustaining too. Even Thor knows this. He is the god of thunder but storm is the goddess of all weather! Big difference.
    indeed. Thor recognizing the limitations in his abilities and instantly knowing who to call was very nice. what I found more interesting is that he appeared to know she could do this when she herself was unsure. what else lies beneath the surface of her power????

this reminds me of this:

goddess sighting confirmed.
    It made me think of a goddess version of this.

In one she was trying to destroy life and in the other she was trying to give it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-27-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Thank you. Awesome! I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It made me think of a goddess version of this.

In one she was trying to destroy life and in the other she was trying to give it.
    omg yasssss wats!!!! tie this ish all together. I freaking love it!

Fantastic Member

Omg!!!! The way I jumped up and down reading this!!! This was truly an awesome recognition of Storm’s power. She should be working at this level more often. Hopefully there are more things like this to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Omg!!!! The way I jumped up and down reading this!!! This was truly an awesome recognition of Storm’s power. She should be working at this level more often. Hopefully there are more things like this to come.
    agreed. this was such a beautiful surprise. I was not expecting such a story when I got up this morning. truly awesome.

Yes she could have definitely done planet Arakko by herself but the teamwork was cute lol