Page 760 of 772 FirstFirst ... 260660710750756757758759760761762763764770 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 11576
    BANNED

Halle Berry is playing a MMA fighter. A friend of mine thinks maybe she is getting in shape for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Can you already consider that Storm has The Cosmic Power confirmed? lol
    Hmm I am tempering my expectations again aren't I? But yes her cosmic power is cannon and cemented.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He can create weather conditions, but in an environment where the atmosphere was "shallow", and where the weather needed to be stable and created from scratch, and stay permanent, it was something he couldn't do, and Ororo could..
    I think reigna made good points...

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    He is no longer gaea's son so the blessing have been retconned. He was firehair's son the first pheonix avatar. So he couldn't. .
    I forgot he wasn't Gaea sun anymore. also to the about creating sustaining storms does he really have to be there for the effect to continue? don't know much about thors powers but as a god i would think he would be able to leave and it still be active.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Halle Berry is playing a MMA fighter. A friend of mine thinks maybe she is getting in shape for Storm.
    The thing is even if she come in Dr strange 2 she won't become the MCU storm. Disney would want to make a franchise of the xmen milk them for all their worth getting younger actors would help then do that. Plus bring Halle berry means bringing all the other actors who played the other roles and I for one know Hugh Jackman is done with wolverine for good. I don't see this happening but good luck to her and more power to her.

The thing is even if she come in Dr strange 2 she won't become the MCU storm. Disney would want to make a franchise of the xmen milk them for all their worth getting younger actors would help then do that. Plus bring Halle berry means bringing all the other actors who played the other roles and I for one know Hugh Jackman is done with wolverine for good. I don't see this happening but good luck to her and more power to her.
    I love me some Halle but I sincerely hope we are not getting the Foxmen as the MCU xmen. they can appear as alternate versions from a different timeline though I wouldn't want that either but no to the foxmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think reigna made good points...

I forgot he wasn't Gaea sun anymore. also to the about creating sustaining storms does he really have to be there for the effect to continue? don't know much about thors powers but as a god i would think he would be able to leave and it still be active.
    Nope! That's the thing about his magical weather manipulation they are not really there. The patterns he manifests do not naturally exist so once he stops feeding them magic they would disappear. To create something lasting you need to not only restore what already exists but to stregthen and that is why he needed storms help, because for all his power he simply can't affect naturally existing weather patterns as easily or even at all. There was a comic where he using the odinforce tried to terraform a planet and failed. That's magic for you it is ultimately can be unreliable in the long run. But restoring a planet and giving it the power it needs to sustain itself is something that would last for a very long time.

Nope! That's the thing about his magical weather manipulation they are not really there. The patterns he manifests do not naturally exist so once he stops feeding them magic they would disappear. To create something lasting you need to not only restore what already exists but to stregthen and that is why he needed storms help, because for all his power he simply can't affect naturally existing weather patterns as easily or even at all. There was a comic where he using the odinforce tried to terraform a planet and failed. That's magic for you it is ultimately can be unreliable in the long run. But restoring a planet and giving it the power it needs to sustain itself is something that would last for a very long time.
    ahhh thank you for the explanation boo. this makes sense!!!!

I love me some Halle but I sincerely hope we are not getting the Foxmen as the MCU xmen. they can appear as alternate versions from a different timeline though I wouldn't want that either but no to the foxmen.
    The fox X-Men were soo bad. I believe it was Halle berry's storm that makes Many think she is weak. They can't imagine Halle berry create a mini sun or even a hurricane in a matter of seconds. She was also bad at hand to hand combat getting tossed by Callisto every single time. Like seriously your biggest enemy was a girl who runs fast? Like bitch you can fly! Everyone was second fiddle to a guy who had kitchen knives and could heal fast as his super powers. Like the hell?!
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-27-2021 at 03:47 PM.

I think this was goddess storm powered by the faith of thor lol. and albeit im joking a little one may argue this was her mutant power but marvel advertised this as the weather goddess not omega level mutant so im thinking it was goddess sighting.
    You do have a point! Marvel makes it a point (much to my annoyance at times) to speak with their whole chest about her Omega status. But as you point out she was clearly advertised a a Weather Goddess here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I took it as they made it very clear it was goddess storm the moment she said "I summon the full power of the elements." also i thought it was a nice touch when she was doubting he called her Storm but when she embraced the goddess he referred to her as windrider. a nice difference there. It shows thor too knows her legacy to come.
    I wonder when Storm ascended if there was some type of ripple effect? Sort of like how there was that fan-found link between Scarlet Witch claiming her full power and "Kang" noticing it.

please spill the tea!! what have you seen said??
    You'd be surprised what you can find if you stop and read the comments. I've seen stuff like she's not a real Goddess due to her physicals to she's only there (the Omega list) to check off a box. It's not really hard to infer what they are meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm sure a case can made for Strom being a goddess of Life....]
    You're late to the party, lmao! It's already been confirmed by the Regent herself.
    Attachment 116626
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

He is no longer gaea's son so the blessing have been retconned. He was firehair's son the first pheonix avatar. So he couldn't. .
    It's true, I totally forgot about it!

Hmm I am tempering my expectations again aren't I? But yes her cosmic power is cannon and cemented.
    I'm very happy, this can be considered one of the best moments of Storm!!

Ooh thanks for clarifying, I was a little suspicious about that, but you totally got me now. And once again, Storm proves to be more powerful than Thor at weather manipulation, lolol

I remember reading a post here ages ago, before I had a CBR account even, this user broke down the differences between Storm and Thor's power. How Storm studied, worked her a$$ off, and basically got a PH.D in weather manipulation in comparison to Thor who's rich dad paid for his degree (via his hammer).

I think that set up is clear as day in the issue.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I remember reading a post here ages ago, before I had a CBR account even, this user broke down the differences between Storm and Thor's power. How Storm studied, worked her a$$ off, and basically got a PH.D in weather manipulation in comparison to Thor who's rich dad paid for his degree (via his hammer).

I think that set up is clear as day in the issue.
    Yes yes yes! It also the very nature of their weather manipulation. I love Thor but he can only do things related to a thunderstorm. Even his alpha particle blast uses anti matter from a thunderstorm to generate a beam of antimatter soo powerful it anihilates everything. His abilities extend to only the base elements of a thunderstorm. Meanwhile storm governs thevery fundamental forces that determine weather. And this opens her up to almost anything!

People usually say that Thor is better off than storm because he can make it rain in space, but that doesn't matter when storms abilities literally make her even more powerful there by adapting to the cosmic energies and forces. He couldn't have created a sun which would sustain itself no matter how much he wanted unless with rune king Thor power.

Yes yes yes! It also the very nature of their weather manipulation. I love Thor but he can only do things related to a thunderstorm. Even his alpha particle blast uses anti matter from a thunderstorm to generate a beam of antimatter soo powerful it anihilates everything. His abilities extend to only the base elements of a thunderstorm. Meanwhile storm governs thevery fundamental forces that determine weather. And this opens her up to almost anything!

People usually say that Thor is better off than storm because he can make it rain in space, but that doesn't matter when storms abilities literally make her even more powerful there by adapting to the cosmic energies and forces. He couldn't have created a sun which would sustain itself no matter how much he wanted unless with rune king Thor power.
    Lol I found it! Google is supreme. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4478481

This was a nice little one and done story. The art was pleasing and I appreciate it when artists remember to draw in Storm's pupils when her powers are not active. It's very annoying to see some depict her with just white eyes all the time.

And it was even better to see Storm speak without any contractions. That's another facet of the character that many have forgotten over time and subsequently ignored(although it looks like no one spoke in contractions in the story so maybe the writer isn't aware of that Storm trait).
    Last edited by Saturius; 12-27-2021 at 04:51 PM.