Page 762 of 772 FirstFirst ... 262662712752758759760761762763764765766 ... LastLast
Results 11,416 to 11,430 of 11576

You forget that now Storm is an omega in weather manipulation, there are basically no limits to an omega's abilities.

Storm basically did what a light bulb does.

Summary

Let’s look at the key concepts:

Electron energy levels are quantized. This means the electron can only have certain values of energy.
    When an electron moves from a higher to lower energy level light is produced.
    The frequency (and thus wavelength and color) of this light depends on the change in energy level.
    For LED, this electron energy transition happens because of an energy gap in a semiconductor material.
    In a fluorescent bulb, electrons transition energy levels in a gas. Also, some of the light produced is in the ultraviolet range. This light is converted to visible light through fluorescene.
    An incandescent bulb creates light by making a hot filament. In a solid, there are many different energy levels in order to produce all possible colors of light.
    Fire is just like a filament except that it’s not a filament. Instead, the light mostly comes from hot pieces of material that did not get burned.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/illumi...ns-make-light/

fluo·res·cence
    /flo͝o(ə)ˈresəns,flôrˈesəns/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: fluorescence

the visible or invisible radiation emitted by certain substances as a result of incident radiation of a shorter wavelength such as X-rays or ultraviolet light.
    the property of absorbing light of short wavelength and emitting light of longer wavelength.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Can you tell me what these fans said concerning Thor's and his abilitu to do this.
    So, the person who was a fan of both characters became more defensive, not wanting to generate an vs argument, although I went and asked who would be the most powerful in the weather manipulation department, for that person it's Thor., being son of two gods (Gaea and Odin), yes they disregard the recton that Jason Aaron placed, about the Phoenix being the mother of Thor, and that her powers had multiversal levels, also said no doubt that Storm also has this level of power, but it still needs to be shown.

Said that their powers are equal, that Thor was able to do these things that Storm did, he's (Thor) already created several habitable worlds/planets, both Storm and Thor are able to sustain a planet by themselves. It also showed a scan, where supposedly (I didn't quite understand) Thor projected an intense light to annihilate the Glory -- Entity with the power of thousands of Gods.

Attachment 116639Attachment 116640

Also said Magic beats Science, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Summary

Electron energy levels are quantized. This means the electron can only have certain values of energy.
    The frequency (and thus wavelength and color) of this light depends on the change in energy level.
    For LED, this electron energy transition happens because of an energy gap in a semiconductor material.
    In a fluorescent bulb, electrons transition energy levels in a gas. Also, some of the light produced is in the ultraviolet range. This light is converted to visible light through fluorescene.
    An incandescent bulb creates light by making a hot filament. In a solid, there are many different energy levels in order to produce all possible colors of light.
    Fire is just like a filament except that it’s not a filament. Instead, the light mostly comes from hot pieces of material that did not get burned.

fluo·res·cence
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

the visible or invisible radiation emitted by certain substances as a result of incident radiation of a shorter wavelength such as X-rays or ultraviolet light.
    the property of absorbing light of short wavelength and emitting light of longer wavelength.
    Yes this but for the light for the planet I really believe it was a star the more you realize what Thor really wanted. Remember the people talk about how they are too far from the sun so their crops and tech don't grow or work . A lightbulb though can produce light, won't last forever. and from the looks of it, they needed something long-term and the only source of light that can sustain itself for million if not billions of years is a star. The star won't only provide light but heat to drive the planet's atmosphere and trigger continual rainfall for their crops. If they were there for a few months to a year then sure it would have been a light bulb but the long term for thousand years potentially they needed something more lasting hence the star.

Yes this but for the light for the planet I really believe it was a star the more you realize what Thor really wanted. Remember the people talk about how they are too far from the sun so their crops and tech don't grow or work . A lightbulb though can produce light, won't last forever. and from the looks of it, they needed something long-term and the only source of light that can sustain itself for million if not billions of years is a star. The star won't only provide light but heat to drive the planet's atmosphere and trigger continual rainfall for their crops. If they were there for a few months to a year then sure it would have been a light bulb but the long term for thousand years potentially they needed something more lasting hence the star.
    Oh i definitely agree she created star. I was just more talking the means of accomplishing it if it were "Science" based. The jist though is i think she basically replicated the galatic core feat but instead of channeling through her body she was able to coalesce the energies into a star.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, the person who was a fan of both characters became more defensive, not wanting to generate an vs argument, although I went and asked who would be the most powerful in the weather manipulation department, for that person it's Thor., being son of two gods (Gaea and Odin), yes they disregard the recton that Jason Aaron placed, about the Phoenix being the mother of Thor, and that her powers had multiversal levels, also said no doubt that Storm also has this level of power, but it still needs to be shown.

Said that their powers are equal, that Thor was able to do these things that Storm did, he's (Thor) already created several habitable worlds/planets, both Storm and Thor are able to sustain a planet by themselves. It also showed a scan, where supposedly (I didn't quite understand) Thor projected an intense light to annihilate the Glory -- Entity with the power of thousands of Gods.

Attachment 116639Attachment 116640

Also said Magic beats Science, lol.
    Yeah that, I know those Thor feats still doesn't prove he could have created a sustainable atmosphere or a sun for the planet. The fight with the glory was a momentary thing, the light was a momentarily thing. Thor said he could create great storms and generate lightning for their tech but it won't sustain them for they needed someone to come and actually rebuild what was already there and make it self sustainable. Like I said he terraforming the world with gaea's blessing was nice but Gaea isn't his mom anymore so those blessings a retconned weather they like it or not. This same writer said both Wanda abd Thor can kill pheonix sooo....

Like I already explained Thor can't manipulate the weather patterns that already exist in the world. He makes his own and after he is done these patterns vanish. Infact because of this he can make it rain water on the sun or on the moon with no atmosphere. Storm on the other hand needs established weather/energy patterns to use her abilities. On the moon with no atmosphere her power would adapt to manipulate the energy patterns of space giving her power of solar winds and magnetic fields and such. She manipulates elements as they exist in that environment, hence why in Giant size storm she was able to manipulate nanobots and stated that she is giving the artificial dimension the gift of wind, indicating that the nanobots storm would become part of the climate of the dimension.

Another difference is that Thor is the god of thunder not weather, his domain is the thunderstorm and it's base elements wind, rain, lighting and thunder. These are his elemental abilities when Gaea was his mother he had vegetation and geokinesis as part of his elemental abilities. Now compare that with storm who is the goddess of all weather itself and you get a very stark picture on who is higher up the food chain in terms of domain.
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-28-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Oh i definitely agree she created star. I was just more talking the means of accomplishing it if it were "Science" based. The jist though is i think she basically replicated the galatic core feat but instead of channeling through her body she was able to coalesce the energies into a star.
    It was a very great feat and I get where you are coming from. But for a self sustaining star it needs more than radiant energy... It needs nuclear fusion itself the strong and weak fundamental forces must be at play. First hydrogen atoms must be gathered in HUGE quantity then with intense pressure and gravity they are crushed till the atoms fuse to create helium, the fusion is what generates the energy in the form of heat and light and slowly as the hydrogen all is done being used up the star would eventually die. But fusion can take place for several years and I am sure with the size of that sun she made it would take probably tens of thousands of years before the hydrogen is all used up.

It was a very great feat and I get where you are coming from. But for a self sustaining star it needs more than radiant energy... It needs nuclear fusion itself the strong and weak fundamental forces must be at play. First hydrogen atoms must be gathered in HUGE quantity then with intense pressure and gravity they are crushed till the atoms fuse to create helium, the fusion is what generates the energy in the form of heat and light and slowly as the hydrogen all is done being used up the star would eventually die. But fusion can take place for several years and I am sure with the size of that sun she made it would take probably tens of thousands of years before the hydrogen is all used up.
    I just touched myself, and if I'm not mistaken, the moment the Storm created a small star and threw it into the sky in space, it manipulated gravity so that the little sun was rotated close to the planet?

Yeah that, I know those Thor feats still doesn't prove he could have created a sustainable atmosphere or a sun for the planet. The fight with the glory was a momentary thing, the light was a momentarily thing. Thor said he could create great storms and generate lightning for their tech but it won't sustain them for they needed someone to come and actually rebuild what was already there and make it self sustainable. Like I said he terraforming the world with gaea's blessing was nice but Gaea isn't his mom anymore so those blessings a retconned weather they like it or not. This same writer said both Wanda abd Thor can kill pheonix sooo....

Like I already explained Thor can't manipulate the weather patterns that already exist in the world. He makes his own and after he is done these patterns vanish. Infact because of this he can make it rain water on the sun or on the moon with no atmosphere. Storm on the other hand needs established weather/energy patterns to use her abilities. On the moon with no atmosphere her power would adapt to manipulate the energy patterns of space giving her power of solar winds and magnetic fields and such. She manipulates elements as they exist in that environment, hence why in Giant size storm she was able to manipulate nanobots and stated that she is giving the artificial dimension the gift of wind, indicating that the nanobots storm would become part of the climate of the dimension.

Another difference is that Thor is the god of thunder not weather, his domain is the thunderstorm and it's base elements wind, rain, lighting and thunder. These are his elemental abilities when Gaea was his mother he had vegetation and geokinesis as part of his elemental abilities. Now compare that with storm who is the goddess of all weather itself and you get a very stark picture on who is higher up the food chain in terms of domain.
    This is a mess, but either way, both are extremely powerful, I also agree that Storm should show more universal, multi-level feats. you can do these things yourself, lol

That was one of Storm's best moments this year, but it shouldn't stop there, we know creating suns is the basics for most Marvel characters in the cosmic universe, so I don't see the point of stopping it, Storm can do a lot most!

Incredible Member

Not Storm manipulating light now without lightning!!! Spectrum and Dazzler better watch out

Incredible Member

Storm powers keep getting more developed by the day. Proving her powers is the fundamental source of existence. She just happens to specialize in weather.

Her run in Fantastic Four, Trion, Galactic Core, Powering Cyclops to replenish a sun, light manipulation, and much more.

This is a mess, but either way, both are extremely powerful, I also agree that Storm should show more universal, multi-level feats. you can do these things yourself, lol

That was one of Storm's best moments this year, but it shouldn't stop there, we know creating suns is the basics for most Marvel characters in the cosmic universe, so I don't see the point of stopping it, Storm can do a lot most!
    In the end storm did what she did... And as the writer said this is 616 and cannon. It alsoakes sense seeing as she was extremely confident in her abilities so as not to need hope to boost her to create an atmosphere, she has done it before! And why she told magneto he is not the most powerful mutant in the room anymore, that's because he's now truly knows that she has hold of all the fundamental forces as per the creation of the mini sun, whilst he has a sub-set of one. Not to talk of her divinity. It was a good story with big feats which fit continuity. Remember when they said storm's power allows her to perceive the universe as patterns of force and energy and manipulate these primal forces to her will? This was a great call back to that.

I just touched myself, and if I'm not mistaken, the moment the Storm created a small star and threw it into the sky in space, it manipulated gravity so that the little sun was rotated close to the planet?
    Not really gravity is the only force she didn't out right control. It's like a satellite a very dense satellite she likely moved it to space so that it revolves around the planet without being pulled back to the planet. A star that size can be as massive/ heavy as the moon or even a small planet.

Summary

fluo·res·cence
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

This! People definitely got ahead of themselves in this thread saying she created a sun or mini sun. No way. That's just way too OP and we don't want Storm like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Storm powers keep getting more developed by the day. Proving her powers is the fundamental source of existence. She just happens to specialize in weather.

Her run in Fantastic Four, Trion, Galactic Core, Powering Cyclops to replenish a sun, light manipulation, and much more.
    Yes I hope we get more of this especially in destiny of x along with good charachter driven stories. Ewing can easily deliver.

Oh and os: he said the first six sings are about arrako. And that we should pre order the books to enable him to get a longer run with this series.