Page 768 of 772 FirstFirst ... 268668718758764765766767768769770771772 LastLast
Results 11,506 to 11,520 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So she's going from Regent Of The Solar System to Black Panther or both I can't even...
    When does Storm sleep? Regent of Sol, I’m Krakoa’s quiet council, and now Black Panther. Maybe she died it to be queen of Wakanda. How much does Storm want to rule?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not only the Storm special with Thor, but Storm is the last issue of Sword wrecked those villains with air pressure. They’re doing a good job of exploring her powers.
    Personally, that's all I'm asking for. I get that lightning can be cool and flashy and when done correctly can give that sense of finality. But I'm so happy they are FINALLY branching out her abilities.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

When does Storm sleep? Regent of Sol, I’m Krakoa’s quiet council, and now Black Panther. Maybe she died it to be queen of Wakanda. How much does Storm want to rule?
    I dont even know where that come fromm..to be fair the image of that woman in black panther suit and white fur had toned abs -- ummm she's so known for her tones cores you know : conclusion Storm becomes blck panther --- wtf?!?!? Please stop spreading BS its the new years...ahhhahaha

You know I could see an aspect of Storm's mind liking the idea of being the Black Panther. The simple brawler type who likes to get her hands dirty.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever picked up on this, but you'll notice that when Storm gets de-powered she becomes more feral in attitude. In my head canon she's thrilled about the fact she can unleash her emotions without worrying about any unintended hurricanes popping up lol. I mean you don't casually stab someone in the eye unless you've got some pent up anger boiling.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    You know I could see an aspect of Storm's mind liking the idea of being the Black Panther. The simple brawler type who likes to get her hands dirty.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever picked up on this, but you'll notice that when Storm gets de-powered she becomes more feral in attitude. In my head canon she's thrilled about the fact she can unleash her emotions without worrying about any unintended hurricanes popping up lol. I mean you don't casually stab someone in the eye unless you've got some pent up anger boiling.
    That's a very good point and something I'd love to see Ewing explore, because now that I think about it, that's a trait that more than a few omega mutants share. That fear of their own destructive potential to the point of sometimes showing relief at not having them....because its only then that they feel they can cut loose and be free of the constant stress of holding back for others' safety. When Jean returned, in X-Men Red Annual #1, she talked about how not being connected to the Phoenix anymore was a relief because she didn't have to hold back as much as she was used to. Bobby is well established as having his immaturity and early lack of progress with his powers being due to his fear of what he was capable of, and after House of M he literally faked himself out of thinking he even had powers anymore, instinctively repressing them due to the opportunity. Elixir's had psychosomatic issues with his powers in the wake of using them to kill.

Idk, it really is a very interesting angle to consider, and with at least three omegas on his cast of X-Men Red (Storm, Iceman, Magneto) I would love to see Ewing pursue that feature of omega mutants and possibly juxtapose it with Arakki omegas being a lot more free and casual with the upper reaches of their powers and being like 'you Krakoan omegas really live like this? lmao'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That "feral attitude" was already explored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Very honestly could be explored more.
    Storm to me is far more interesting when she is human , conflicted, feral and skillful over powerful, Goddess, Serenity, Gia mother earth

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont himself really gave a good account of how she didn't need to always hold herself as the "serene goddess" just because her emotions were strongly tied to her powers. And when she returned from Space during the Brood Saga she, with Yukio's help "gave" in to her wilder and darker nature thus her Punk aesthetic and reveling in hand to hand combat right up until she lost her powers and then reclaimed them during FotM.

That attitude has always been there, ever since...it just probably needs to come out more often in this era...Hopefully Ewing will explore that in XM:Red (One of the SWORD solicits did hint at such)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

now I wouldn't want storm to take the bp mantel. love them as a couple but don't want her being the next bp imho. do we know the book where this allegedly happens?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Claremont himself really gave a good account of how she didn't need to always hold herself as the "serene goddess" just because her emotions were strongly tied to her powers. And when she returned from Space during the Brood Saga she, with Yukio's help "gave" in to her wilder and darker nature thus her Punk aesthetic and reveling in hand to hand combat right up until she lost her powers and then reclaimed them during FotM.

That attitude has always been there, ever since...it just probably needs to come out more often in this era...Hopefully Ewing will explore that in XM:Red (One of the SWORD solicits did hint at such)
    I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    That's a very good point and something I'd love to see Ewing explore, because now that I think about it, that's a trait that more than a few omega mutants share. That fear of their own destructive potential to the point of sometimes showing relief at not having them....because its only then that they feel they can cut loose and be free of the constant stress of holding back for others' safety. When Jean returned, in X-Men Red Annual #1, she talked about how not being connected to the Phoenix anymore was a relief because she didn't have to hold back as much as she was used to. Bobby is well established as having his immaturity and early lack of progress with his powers being due to his fear of what he was capable of, and after House of M he literally faked himself out of thinking he even had powers anymore, instinctively repressing them due to the opportunity. Elixir's had psychosomatic issues with his powers in the wake of using them to kill.

Idk, it really is a very interesting angle to consider, and with at least three omegas on his cast of X-Men Red (Storm, Iceman, Magneto) I would love to see Ewing pursue that feature of omega mutants and possibly juxtapose it with Arakki omegas being a lot more free and casual with the upper reaches of their powers and being like 'you Krakoan omegas really live like this? lmao'
    This is the burden that all heroes fall into imo. Yes they might have the raw power and skill to do some truly awe worthy things but they don't because it'll either kill a ton of people or irrevocably harm -something-. You make a good point about the Arakki Omega's though, their entire culture is about only the strongest and most cunning making it to the top so I could easily see them looking their nose down on the Earth born Omega's. I mean we see what they thought/think about Storm so I can only imagine what they'll think about someone like Bobby or Kid Omega.

Not only the Storm special with Thor, but Storm is the last issue of Sword wrecked those villains with air pressure. They’re doing a good job of exploring her powers.
    Im so excited for whats being planned for her, she is a GODDESS. Its apart of her character at heart and we need to see more.

I also on the other hand do wanna see her slap somebody every so often lol.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 12-29-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Lol. You killed me with this! That sound effect is so overused and so true! I don't know if you were intentionally intending to read these x writers for filth, but again it's so true so I got a laugh out of this! Perfect! You're making Levar proud baby with a read this good! Butterfly in the sky!

thank you so much beloved!!! im glad it gave you a laugh.... because I'm over lightning lass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Right!? Like she was NOT f-ing around with this Storm opportunity. You know she's a fan because this whole story could have easily been Storm playing a support role.

And you know people still don't believe that? Like yeah, Knull really seems to the type to say sh!t just to say it. It's petty I know, but there's really no satisfaction like the satisfaction gets from shutting a salty hater down when it comes to Storm.

Agreed 1,000%!

And one more thing I want to point out about Ms. Erica, she didn't have Storm tired from doing all of that IN THE SLIGHTEST. Even Thor assumed that the effort of doing all of that would've left Storm on empty. Godly stamina? Another "ease" of the Galactic core showing through?
    yes I love that part where storm was like I'm good after performing a feat she didn't think she was capable of doing. she ate and we as her fans also ate really good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Im so excited for whats being planned for her, she is a GODDESS. Its apart of her character at heart and we need to see more.

I also on the other hand do wanna see her slap somebody every so often lol.
    Amen! We've been eating very well for a bit but I got on my stretchy sweats so let the meals keep on coming!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you so much beloved!!! im glad it gave you a laugh.... because I'm over lightning lass lol.

yes I love that part where storm was like I'm good after performing a feat she didn't think she was capable of doing. she ate and we as her fans also ate really good.
    And left NO crumbs. Hansel and Gretel still lost #LetUsPray.

Fantastic Member

Things I want to see explored more with Storm’s powers.

- Light Manipulation (Electromagnetic Spectrum)
    - Stellar Manipulation (Stars, Nebulas, Galaxies, Interstellar Mediums, etc)
    - Godhood (Invulnerability, Teleportation, Elemental Form, Pure Energy Manipulation)
    - Evaporation (Evaporating all the water inside someone)
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.