Page 81 of 772 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Storm appears in Champions Outlaw #4. Nice surprise. spoilers:
    storm creates a mini water sprout.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think so . It looked more to me that Attuma was just countering Iceman's attack.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think so . It looked more to me that Attuma was just countering Iceman's attack.
    I actually thought it was what jwats said but looking at it again I could see what you mean.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This for some reason makes me feel like it wasn't a coloring mistake that one of those grand daughters all of a sudden looked like baby pink storm riding a space whale.

Also could they be de gaiaing thor so he can connect with another prodigy of gaia.

end of spoilers

Storm is really on a giving mercy kick lately and letting them know they lucky. lol

after KIB 4 anyone trying to take Storm godhood away can miss me. Every white child in the MU can be god level but not one black female. Naw B.

now you see what we been saying hun bun but this all of this you are 100% correct.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As with Jean in the very same KiB issue...as an OLM she is pretty much God-tier (when she pushes/is pushed beyond her boundaries) just without the pretentious "Goddess" moniker attached to her name.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

So we ok with eddie brock, his son, thor, jane, being pretenious

: characterized by pretension: such as
    a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him— Richard Watts
    b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature pretentious language pretentious houses
    2 : making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : ambitious the pretentious daring of the Green Mountain Boys in crossing the lake — Amer. Guide Series: Vt.

but it's to ambitious for Storm. Well ok.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So we ok with eddie brock, his son, thor, jane, being pretenious

: characterized by pretension: such as
    a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him— Richard Watts
    b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature pretentious language pretentious houses
    2 : making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : ambitious the pretentious daring of the Green Mountain Boys in crossing the lake — Amer. Guide Series: Vt.

but it's to ambitious for Storm. Well ok.
    I very much appreciate your contributions as of late. they have been hitting all the right notes. that said I 100% agree with the pont you are making.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I very much appreciate your contributions as of late. they have been hitting all the right notes. that said I 100% agree with the pont you are making.
    Even if we throw away all the current history, if Mavel, which it has said many times, god's or powerful people who are worship as gods and transcends. Storm is an omega level mutant as stated and unlike a lot of the supposed actual gods running around the MU was directly worshipped as one by quite a sizeable group of people and remain so to this. So why would her moniker somehow be pretentious but it's not for say a boy like franklin Richards who is also a mutant or Eddie Brock son who simply just being gifted power. Something in the koolaid don't feel right to me and sometimes i feel if we as fans tie her goddess hood too close to wakanda when all her potential was already there, there will be a segement of people who try to strip it away and act like that is the only reason it was there in the first place.

Storm doesn't need to be pretentious, and there is nothing pretentious about a title of a character who has actual receipts.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Even if we throw away all the current history, if Mavel, which it has said many times, god's or powerful people who are worship as gods and transcends. Storm is an omega level mutant as stated and unlike a lot of the supposed actual gods running around the MU was directly worshipped as one by quite a sizeable group of people and remain so to this. So why would her moniker somehow be pretentious but it's not for say a boy like franklin Richards who is also a mutant or Eddie Brock son who simply just being gifted power. Something in the koolaid don't feel right to me and sometimes i feel if we as fans tie her goddess hood too close to wakanda when all her potential was already there, there will be a segement of people who try to strip it away and act like that is the only reason it was there in the first place.

Storm doesn't need to be pretentious, and there is nothing pretentious about a title of a character who has actual receipts.
    I 100% agree. I don't know if you recall the history but storm fans were called rabid for referring to her a goddess. well her fans were not call her a goddess out of thin air. there was precedence there which to your point was well defined very early on in her career, i.e., when she stepped onto the scene in giant size xmen.

I think the only thing Coates did was to keep people from saying she was pretentious because now its not up for debate, her godhead is not a "in name only" thing. its actual canon. However, yes I find it odd when the fandom are so accepting of characters being called gods without any history of it but give Ororo a hard time.

This for some reason makes me feel like it wasn't a coloring mistake that one of those grand daughters all of a sudden looked like baby pink storm riding a space whale.

Also could they be de gaiaing thor so he can connect with another prodigy of gaia.

end of spoilers

Storm is really on a giving mercy kick lately and letting them know they lucky. lol

after KIB 4 anyone trying to take Storm godhood away can miss me. Every white child in the MU can be god level but not one black female. Naw B.
    I did go through Champions Issue 3, 4 and 5, also latest one but didn't see Ororo. Can you please post her appearance here?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems like I was checking some kind of old issue from 2019, not 2020 one.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-17-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I did go through Champions Issue 3, 4 and 5, also latest one but didn't see Ororo. Can you please post her appearance here?
    she really didn't do anything worth posting if you are looking for feats. all she did was fly around and shoot some flimsy looking lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I 100% agree. I don't know if you recall the history but storm fans were called rabid for referring to her a goddess. well her fans were not call her a goddess out of thin air. there was precedence there which to your point was well defined very early on in her career, i.e., when she stepped onto the scene in giant size xmen.

I think the only thing Coates did was to keep people from saying she was pretentious because now its not up for debate, her godhead is not a "in name only" thing. its actual canon. However, yes I find it odd when the fandom are so accepting of characters being called gods without any history of it but give Ororo a hard time.
    I mean they got a dang frog in thor putting up a better fight than thor himself but somehow ororo too much. 🤣🤣😭😭😂
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I mean they got a dang frog in thor putting up a better fight than thor himself but somehow ororo too much. ����������
    Yeah, saw that. It was funny how Thorg did far better against Donald (was it?) than Thor. Really funny.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thor, Eddie, Jane don't go about shouting: "I am a God!/Goddess!" People recognise them for what they are...God-like beings, and refer to and may acknowledge them as such but...they usually don't refer to themselves in such lofty terms.

Either way...the point clearly being missed:
    Storm and Jean have clearly shown they can up against self-proclaimed (ie pretentious) Gods just by tapping into their Omega-level-ness.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think other people miss the point. You have to keep screaming out you a boss when unfair practices and standards try to keep you from sitting at the table. It's pretentious when Storm calls herself a goddess but the Asgardian Alien can call himself God of Thunder, All father and all these other names all he wants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.