Page 82 of 772 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I mean they got a dang frog in thor putting up a better fight than thor himself but somehow ororo too much. ����������
    wait a minute. wth??? you lying right ? not a frog? is it's mother the Phoenix force too lol

also Ororo and Jean are not in the same category. no disrespect to those who love her but Ororo is a real god who has real divinity which is completely separate from her being an omega mutant.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-17-2021 at 01:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait a minute. wth??? you lying right ? not a frog? is it's mother the Phoenix force too lol
    A frog yo. It was wow. Like i really felt bad for thor today.

Oh and just to add to the Storm thing, remember as said many times Storm was a little girl, the people made her a goddess, she didn't need to do anything but make it rain.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That was before they and she knew what a mutant was. Storm herself will tell you that in those early days being the Wind Rider and helping the Kenyan peoples, she wasn't in truth, a Goddess. Only perceived as such.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

A frog yo. It was wow. Like i really felt bad for thor today.

Oh and just to add to the Storm thing, remember as said many times Storm was a little girl, the people made her a goddess, she didn't need to do anything but make it rain.
    lolol im going to have to check that. he defeated Galactus only to get chomped by a frog lol.

the unfortunate thing with prior established statements about her time in Kenya later efforts were made to subvert that message. for example her solo made the point that she was a silly girl and the villagers knew she was not a goddess.

what I find so odd is this new discussion around the gift of godhead. everyone wants to be their faves to somehow be a "god" but the one where the moniker has been in use since 1975 when she debuted is somehow pretentious???

make it make sense please.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That was before they and she knew what a mutant was. Storm herself will tell you that in those early days being the Wind Rider and helping the Kenyan peoples, she wasn't in truth, a Goddess. Only perceived as such.
    And by marvel canon that makes her a god regardless. A being with base powers that have an undefinable upper limit being worshiped as a god by followers. So there ya go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm when she ain't concerned for humanity actually said the opposite of not being a goddess:

no pretentious talk there..

lolol im going to have to check that. he defeated Galactus only to get chomped by a frog lol.

the unfortunate thing with prior established statements about her time in Kenya later efforts were made to subvert that message. for example her solo made the point that she was a silly girl and the villagers knew she was not a goddess.

what I find so odd is this new discussion around the gift of godhead. everyone wants to be their faves to somehow be a "god" but the one where the moniker has been in use since 1975 when she debuted is somehow pretentious???

but either way those are still stories told form the point of characters meaning nothing definitive has been presented to oppose her status and if we go by marvel's own standard on what created gods then she would be one as she has had actual followers for almost a decade no less that worshipped her.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Hey ya'll.

This is true. Neither the people nor storm knew anything of the word "mutant". Anyone who can control the weather and helping out the Kenyan Peoples with their droughts would indeed have been thought/worshipped as a goddess, even though not so. But that does not make Ororo any less of a nice person! She always uses her powers to help people.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I used to think Storm was one of the biggest fraud in the MU but the goddess revelation in BP helped legitimize her

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey ya'll.

This is true. Neither the people nor storm knew anything of the word "mutant". Anyone who can control the weather and helping out the Kenyan Peoples with their droughts would indeed have been thought/worshipped as a goddess, even though not so. But that does not make Ororo any less of a nice person! She always uses her powers to help people.
    And the story of ororo's line predates most stuff in marvel history including the concept of mutant with the white haired, blued eyes priestesses that were blessed by osthur being first. But no one is going to change anyone's mind and i feel like i'm getting trapped in a loop i'm hoping out now. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I used to think Storm was one of the biggest fraud in the MU but the goddess revelation in BP helped legitimize her
    absolutely. what occurred in BP shut down any argument regarding the legitimacy of her gift of godhead.

And the story of ororo's line predates most stuff in marvel history including the concept of mutant with the white haired, blued eyes priestesses that were blessed by osthur being first. But no one is going to change anyone's mind and i feel like i'm getting trapped in a loop i'm hoping out now. lol
    Yes, I know her history, but did the other women with white hair and blue eyes in Ororo's line control the weather? I thought only Ororo did that? I thought her lineage was seen as more priestesses. Did any of her line have goddess status or abilities?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes, I know her history, but did the other women with white hair and blue eyes in Ororo's line control the weather? I thought only Ororo did that? I thought her lineage was seen as more priestesses. Did any of her line have goddess status or abilities?
    I think in Dickey's now retconned story it established that the women did control the weather. but as I said that story was retconned so i don't think so outside of this

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Just Ashake...who was a sorceress taught by the Gods. But she herself never referred to herself as a "Goddess".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not happy about that, not even a bit.

Thor, Eddie, Jane don't go about shouting: "I am a God!/Goddess!" People recognise them for what they are...God-like beings, and refer to and may acknowledge them as such but...they usually don't refer to themselves in such lofty terms.

Either way...the point clearly being missed:
    Storm and Jean have clearly shown they can up against self-proclaimed (ie pretentious) Gods just by tapping into their Omega-level-ness.
    I think that Storm's godhead is pretty solid by now, no one can oppose it. Unless some author comes and suddenly claimed that she is not as RedJack plans to do if he gets Storm's solo. One of the reasons why I honestly hope he will never get that chance unless he accepts her Godhood and decides to expand on her African Roots. I do like his take on the African side but turning her back to only an OLM, nope. Not gonna to like that. People fought for her godhood for decades now and if suddenly one author comes and claims that it is not so, you can imagine the enormous backlash that he will receive and how many fans will be completely enraged with him and blinded by hatred which will cause them to not notice his story at all.

She did admit that already on panel, but now she knows who she is and she knows that she is a real Goddess, one of the reasons why her eyes are set to the cosmo. I hope we do get her to ascend to true godhood form, DNA wise as well. I do want to see those stats buffed to maximum she is a Goddess after all and she deserves it.

Indeed it was quite an awesome issue, I still can't believe that Thorg put Thor to his little frog finger, I've never imagined that this little frog will be so powerful my self. I honestly LOVED it. I just loved how the author showed how much more powerful Thorg is than Thor.

also Ororo and Jean are not in the same category. no disrespect to those who love her but Ororo is a real god who has real divinity which is completely separate from her being an omega mutant.

but either way those are still stories told form the point of characters meaning nothing definitive has been presented to oppose her status and if we go by marvel's own standard on what created gods then she would be one as she has had actual followers for almost a decade no less that worshipped her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Totally agree with everyone here. I had my doubts (very small but still had them) for her godhood but that retconned it back, and they later on certificated in the main X-Men issues. Therefore, she became a real Goddesses.

I do agree with you on other people trying to make their favourites Gods, as well. Jean and Ororo they are completely different, yes they are both OLM, but Ororo is a true Goddess, Jean not really. She is quite a powerful OLM, I do agree with that. She was fierce and fearsome in the KiB #4, I loved her appearance and loved to see her proof over and over again that she is an OL telepath but alas, she is not a Goddess, nothing like our Storm.

Her ancestors could wield magic (probably divine one) but none of them was capable of weather manipulation like Storm, this is unique only to Storm. HOWEVER, this might change. We are yet to learn more about her ancestors, I would really like a story on Ororo's bloodline that dates all the way back to when Oshtur blessed them. I would like to see, why Oshtur blessed, what her blessing was exactly and how that black hair and brown eyes of theirs (probably) change into white and blue.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-17-2021 at 02:09 PM.