Page 84 of 772 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I really don't like how they're doing this. Why put these stories in book that will not sell well? They should have just taken these stories along with a few more and done an anthology one-shot under the banner of Black History Month
    Because Marvel loves to put "babe" in a corner.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how do you know they won't sell well?

with the run ending and all the publicity the last few issues have been getting its very possible they will due well considering this.
    Based on the history of declining sales. Announcing that you're finally releasing the final issues of a series that should have ended almost a year ago isn't much in the way of publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because Marvel loves to put "babe" in a corner.
    They've done a fine job of that. Honestly, they could have done a Storm one-shot for KiB if they really wanted to do something special for BHM.

They've done a fine job of that. Honestly, they could have done a Storm one-shot for KiB if they really wanted to do something special for BHM.
    Something special?! If they wanted to do something special we would have gotten content every week. A storm one shot, A Bp one shot, Blue Marvel. But this is more so they can say "look ya'll we got together with HIP HOP artists and totally respected BHM."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I really don't like how they're doing this. Why put these stories in book that will not sell well? They should have just taken these stories along with a few more and done an anthology one-shot under the banner of Black History Month
    Don't really know how to feel about this. So I'll let the work speak for itself.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Based on the history of declining sales. Announcing that you're finally releasing the final issues of a series that should have ended almost a year ago isn't much in the way of publicity.
    including the announcement his critically acclaimed run is ending and the def jam bits being included seems like marvel is making an effort to publicize it in an effective way to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

including the announcement his critically acclaimed run is ending and the def jam bits being included seems like marvel is making an effort to publicize it in an effective way to me.
    I took it as Marvel finally putting the series out of its' misery. It was critically acclaimed 4 years ago. Now it's just critical as in on life support.

To who though? That's what i'm trying to figure out. Why is all black content linked to hip hop. To me it shows how basic their diversity department is. Let's just keep going for that I can honestly say i won't be getting this and don't know one of those names that was listed. I would have preferred Michelle Obama writing a Storm story if they are trying to team up and say something.
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-17-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Something special?! If they wanted to do something special we would have gotten content every week. A storm one shot, A Bp one shot, Blue Marvel. But this is more so they can say "look ya'll we got together with HIP HOP artists and totally respected BHM."
    You got covers in honor of BHM, don't forget that too. Too bad they don't do much with most of the Black characters the other 11 months.

You got covers in honor of BHM, don't forget that too. Too bad they don't do much with most of the Black characters the other 11 months.
    Covers splashed on the white books they are promoting already. The day i get caught up because of a variant is the day i'm done with comics. lol. And why does it always have to be a hip hop artist if rappers is all you can ever find. Brandy don't want to write any stories? It just to me says this is the only way they view their black readers.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Covers splashed on the white books they are promoting already. The day i get caught up because of a variant is the day i'm done with comics. lol. And why does it always have to be a hip hop artist if rappers is all you can ever find. Brandy don't want to write any stories? It just to me says this is the only way they view their black readers.
    Don't you know that Black people only listen to Hip-Hop? I lost my street cred when I started listening to Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam.

To who though? That's what i'm trying to figure out. Why is all black content linked to hip hop. To me it shows how basic their diversity department is. Let's just keep going for that I can honestly say i won't be getting this and don't know one of those names that was listed. I would have preferred Michelle Obama writing a Storm story if they are trying to team up and say something.
    I think they are trying to entice black readers but after the Charlemagne stuff I can understand the concern. However, they are not the primary writers of the BP issue so I dont think it should be too much of an issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I took it as Marvel finally putting the series out of its' misery. It was critically acclaimed 4 years ago. Now it's just critical as in on life support.
    oh chile... lol

quick question do you know why storm was included in KiB? I asked this question to redjack but he didn't respond. he said he didn't like them as a couple so I didn't think it made much sense for him to include storm considering this. by chance did he ever mention this was requested by editorial?

Don't you know that Black people only listen to Hip-Hop? I lost my street cred when I started listening to Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam.
    That's what it feels like. I love the Dixie Chicks, Old Town Road, Leona Lewis, Monica, Brandy, Simon and Garfunkel. I haven't listened to a beyonce song since she started catering to her man. The only rap album i ever bought was dmx very first album. I can't even tell you what a kanye song sounds like except the one leona lewis covered. I always say i grew up living that goonies life not that street life. It doesn't take anything away from it but damn, can we get some representation too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think they are trying to entice black readers but after the Charlemagne stuff I can understand the concern. However, they are not the primary writers of the BP issue so I dont think it should be too much of an issue.
    It's a cash grab. Most will buy it just for their fave artist, and it will probably be a very niche group and definitely not one that will support the book in the long term.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.