Page 89 of 772 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This is a deep contrast to Tchallas' behavior in the KiB tie-in. Storm might be dead, "push it aside and focus". Space Nakia dies "let me give a rousing speech to people that probably don't even know who I'm talking about". Lol

From my experience, the KiB is the more accurate version.
    well based upon what redjack said here it actually is consistent. Ororo's loss was hard on tchalla and it weighed deeply on him. he didn't push it aside so I would disagree there. initially I thought he pushed it aside and focused but Mr Thorne corrected the record there:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page76

he even apparently activated his mask to shield from shuri and okoye how much her loss had trouble him.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-19-2021 at 05:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well based upon what redjack said here it actually is consistent. Ororo's loss was hard on tchalla and it weighed deeply on him. he didn't push it aside so I would disagree there. initially I thought he pushed it aside and focused but Mr Thorne corrected the record there:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page76

he even apparently activated his mask to shield from shuri and okoye how much her loss had trouble him.
    Like with Finn in Star Wars, if it has to be explained afterwards it doesn't really count. How would you react if he didnt post one here?

But my point is if Coates had written it, there be at least three or four pages talking about it in flowery prose.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-19-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Like with Finn in Star Wars, if it has to be explained afterwards it doesn't really count. How would you react if he didnt post one here?
    lololol. im just telling you what the writer said. one of the reasons i didn't like the issue initially was I thought tchalla was shading Ororo. the writer told me I was lying about my interpretation of the issue and set the record straight. he even told me I was the only one who saw the scan in the manner I did lol

that said I took his word on the issue. so with that both depictions, Thorne and coates version of tchalla, are quite consistent.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-19-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

lololol. im just telling you what the writer said. one of the reasons i didn't like the is was because initially I thought tchalla was shading Ororo. the writer told me I was lying about my interpretation and set the record straight. he even told me I was the only one who saw the scan in the manner I did lol

that said I took his word on the issue. so with that both depictions, Thorne and coates version of tchalla, are quite consistent.
    I didn't think he was shading, but I felt he was compartmentalizing. He did the same when Doom killed S'Yan, and threatened Storm. At no point did I feel he was going to stop and wax poetically for a few pages. Lol

I didn't think he was shading, but I felt he was compartmentalizing. He did the same when Doom killed S'Yan, and threatened Storm. At no point did I feel he was going to stop and wax poetically for a few pages. Lol
    well by shading I meant, pushing aside and focusing. initially, he seemed very emotionless as it related to her demise because I thought he had pushed it aside. however, redjack corrected me there.

I think he is giving an inspirational speech prior to the big battle. I don't necessarily see it as poetry but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions lol

well by shading I meant, pushing aside and focusing. initially, he seemed very emotionless as it related to her demise because I thought he had pushed it aside. however, redjack corrected me there.

I think he is giving an inspirational speech prior to the big battle. I don't necessarily see it as poetry but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions lol
    I did think he was pushing it aside. So you're not alone in that thinking.

Funny thing is a week later, which is probably a few minutes in their world, Storm is free and teaming up with Thor. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 02-19-2021 at 05:46 PM.

I did think he was pushing it aside. So you're not alone in that thinking.

Funny thing is a week later, which is probably a few minutes in their world, Storm is free and teaming up with Thor. Lol
    right?? I know the kid freed the heroes but the issue was such a let down from the first issue for me. a thought a combined thor/storm attack would be more impressive than that.

Astonishing Member

right?? I know the kid freed the heroes but the issue was such a let down from the first issue for me. a thought a combined thor/storm attack would be more impressive than that.
    Right? It was literally just super lightning lol I mean if you're gonna go that route at least make the lightning attack to break through Knulls barrier surrounding the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Right? It was literally just super lightning lol I mean if you're gonna go that route at least make the lightning attack to break through Knulls barrier surrounding the planet.
    Are there any scans of Storm teaming up with Thor?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Yeah, these pages don't do much for a Storm fan...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Are there any scans of Storm teaming up with Thor?
    yes Xavier was keeping all the heroes connected as per issue 3. he was assisting Dylan to use knull to free the heroes. upon freeing them, the heroes were working together to attack knull and his army. when it was finally thor and storm's turn we got this:

complete let down on what could have been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    right now that would have been cool.

yes Xavier was keeping all the heroes connected as per issue 3. he was assisting Dylan to use knull to free the heroes. upon freeing them, the heroes were working together to attack knull and his army. when it was finally thor and storm's turn we got this:

complete let down on what could have been epic.

right now that would have been cool.
    Wasn't it Jean do all the telepathic work this issue?

no it wasn't. I think some fans just checked in this issue because the xmen were featured. in issue three Xavier tells the heroes he will keep them all connected. he was the one talking to Dylan. jean was taken over in issue one (off panel) but when all the heroes were freed in issue 4 that is when we see her take on knull:

OMG this would be the best thing ever if someone in one of the panels were was like "who?!" Cause that's how I felt. Like we fighting for whom. Lol

This just looks like trash sorry. Even the speech. like most the heros in the panels ain't even from wakanda. Thank black history month it's almost over
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-20-2021 at 05:22 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That's what I thought too but it could very well still be Xavier then jean took over bit for mental purposes I'm just sticking with jean did it. Shows how much of a jumbled mess this event has been.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/