Page 96 of 772 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Ah, yes, of course!!

I forgot about the retro art in that issue, I love it!
    I didn't appreciate the art at first but I later appreciated it for the reason you mentioned. I'm all for nostalgia when done properly and I think it was in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Very good idea. If Marvel is going to keep portraying Storm as lightning lass, might as well add some beautiful visual variety. I loved how Ororo's lightning in Giant Size Storm was drawn with a wispy, smoke-like quality to it. It made it look ethereal, like she was blurring the line between energy manipulation and magic.

I'm sooooooooo over lightning lass I really am lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didn't appreciate the art at first but I later appreciated it for the reason you mentioned. I'm all for nostalgia when done properly and I think it was in this case.
    Yeah, it is pretty great! I would like to see more art like this. We'll probably see more like that with that new 'X-Men: Legends' title exploring dangling plot threads from back in the day.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I'm over the lightning honey honestly. I would like her do some tricks like her skrull did:

Ooh Yeah, give me this instead! And some new power usages too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

What are some issues that have confirmed that Ororo is immune to fire and hot temperatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ooh Yeah, give me this instead! And some new power usages too!
    heck yes this is all we really need

Yeah, it is pretty great! I would like to see more art like this. We'll probably see more like that with that new 'X-Men: Legends' title exploring dangling plot threads from back in the day.
    that was one of the nice things about xmen legends. it definitely felt like I was reading a 90s book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What are some issues that have confirmed that Ororo is immune to fire and hot temperatures?

Ororo's immunity varies based on who is writing her but it has been established that she is immune to weather effects, including lightning which burns at temperatures much higher than fire.

...continued from previous post

instances where she was exposed to direct radiation without burning:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-22-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Thank you so much for all those examples! I was always confused because I think there have been some issues where she wasn't immune to her own lightning or someone else's lightning or electric attack so I wasn't sure what was considered the standard. Must just be inconsistent writing like you said.

that was one of the nice things about xmen legends. it definitely felt like I was reading a 90s book.
    It really did and I’m here for it! I started collecting X-Men comics in 1992 so I feel like the target market for this stuff!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thank you so much for all those examples! I was always confused because I think there have been some issues where she wasn't immune to her own lightning or someone else's lightning or electric attack so I wasn't sure what was considered the standard. Must just be inconsistent writing like you said.
    you are welcome. there are instances when she has been hurt by her own powers but this is generally when her will, body or spirit has been damaged in some manner:

she experienced something similar prior to her punk phase (she was going through an internal turmoil) when she fought silver samurai and her powers backfired on her:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-22-2021 at 04:47 PM.

It really did and I’m here for it! I started collecting X-Men comics in 1992 so I feel like the target market for this stuff!
    thats funny that is when I started collecting them when xmen tas premiered lol

I told you guys this is the year of the STORM!!!

They made her way to white looking where’s the dark skin with big cheekbones lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    They made her way to white looking where’s the dark skin with big cheekbones lol
    lolol i expect an update with darker skin at some point down the line when people rightfully complain

very cool indeed
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."