Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1630

I love Strange and have been enjoying the mini so far. Did The Avengers do anything this issue?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Yes, he's just one stolen week out of Strange's life. Once that week ends...bye-bye. I'll miss that blue cloak once he's gone. It's so pretty.
    It really is.I really hope if strange is gone which seems likely Clea gets the mantle.Idk I'm not feeling Wanda or Magik as Sorcerer Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love Strange and have been enjoying the mini so far. Did The Avengers do anything this issue?
    Not much IIRC, it's Strange and Clea focused.They were in the issue though so if you're a collector then I guess it counts as an apperance

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not much IIRC, it's Strange and Clea focused.They were in the issue though so if you're a collector then I guess it counts as an apperance
    Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.
    Any time

Also this strange is quite the smooth-talker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It really is.I really hope if strange is gone which seems likely Clea gets the mantle.Idk I'm not feeling Wanda or Magik as Sorcerer Supreme
    I don't see Wanda or Magik as Sorcerer Supreme either. They're both too busy in their own storylines. Assuming the series doesn't end with Strange fully restored, the more I think about it, the more I like Wong as the next Sorcerer Supreme. He could do it. It would be quite unexpected and a nice way to feature Wong as a serious, skilled sorcerer in his own right, and more than just Strange's sidekick/butler. If they had Clea be Earth's Sorcerer Supreme for a while, that would be a good way to introduce her to fans who aren't familiar with her, or who only think of her as Strange's love interest. Unfortunately she's so tightly tied to the Dark Dimension that I don't see how that would work.

I still think the 'new' Sorcerer Supreme is just going to be Strange, restored to life. Perhaps when they find his stolen soul, instead of sending it on its way into the afterlife, they will merge it with the bit of his soul that Strange cut out to create the Blue Cloak Strange in this series. Then they could claim that he's all new because it will be the first time since the Ditko era that we'll have seen a fully ensouled Stephen Strange. He'll have all his contemporary memories, relationships, and history intact, plus that missing bit of Ditko era soul to keep him sassy and mysterious.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Wanda just doesn't need the title at all. It's a title about responsibility. And Strange has already given her the responsibility of watching over earth's magic before without the title. She was a companion and teammate in the death of magic arc.

I think I'd like it best if Marvel stops playing games with who has what title. It's gotten tiring.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Doctor Strange: The Book of the Vishanti: A Magical Exploration of the Marvel Universe was supposed to come out this month but is now delayed until December.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Doctor Strange: The Book of the Vishanti: A Magical Exploration of the Marvel Universe was supposed to come out this month but is now delayed until December.
    Thank you for sharing as I was wondering about this. I’m going to be ordering it for my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I can't decide if I'm going to get this or not. I wonder how similar it is to the 2016 book, "The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange." https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465455574/

The fact that there is no author name other than 'Marvel Entertainment' makes it even harder to tell if this is partially or mainly the same content as the 'The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange.' [Which I got after seeing comments here in this thread earlier this year. It's quite good.] I haven't seen any preview of interior pages for the new book so I can't tell if it's just the same material reformatted. I reckon I'll pass until I see some reviews or am able to look at it in a bookstore.
    Last edited by Clea; 11-30-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I can't decide if I'm going to get this or not. I wonder how similar it is to the 2016 book, "The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange." https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1465455574/

The fact that there is no author name other than 'Marvel Entertainment' makes it even harder to tell if this is partially or mainly the same content as the 'The Mysterious World of Doctor Strange.' [Which I got after seeing comments here in this thread earlier this year. It's quite good.] I haven't seen any preview of interior pages for the new book so I can't tell if it's just the same material reformatted. I reckon I'll pass until I see some reviews or am able to look at it in a bookstore.
    I've read Mysterious World, and based on the preview pages I have found, this is quite different:

https://13thdimension.com/marvel-to-...-the-vishanti/

I was curious about that too.

I still think the 'new' Sorcerer Supreme is just going to be Strange, restored to life. Perhaps when they find his stolen soul, instead of sending it on its way into the afterlife, they will merge it with the bit of his soul that Strange cut out to create the Blue Cloak Strange in this series. Then they could claim that he's all new because it will be the first time since the Ditko era that we'll have seen a fully ensouled Stephen Strange. He'll have all his contemporary memories, relationships, and history intact, plus that missing bit of Ditko era soul to keep him sassy and mysterious.
    I was thinking along the same lines. They find his old soul, but the old body has been sliced and diced. But Blue Cloak Strange can only exist here for seven days. Lots of handwaving and pretty colored lights and, voila, Young Strange's Body and Old Strange's soul are merged, cancelling the 7 day thing and resulting in the "new" Sorcerer Supreme--Doctor Stephen Strange.

And, with luck, he won't be the same Tony-Stark-clone-jackass that he has been for the past few years. That never felt right. Blue Cloak has felt more like Dr. Strange than old Strange has felt for several years.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've read Mysterious World, and based on the preview pages I have found, this is quite different:

https://13thdimension.com/marvel-to-...-the-vishanti/
    Thank you!
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines. They find his old soul, but the old body has been sliced and diced. But Blue Cloak Strange can only exist here for seven days. Lots of handwaving and pretty colored lights and, voila, Young Strange's Body and Old Strange's soul are merged, cancelling the 7 day thing and resulting in the "new" Sorcerer Supreme--Doctor Stephen Strange.

And, with luck, he won't be the same Tony-Stark-clone-jackass that he has been for the past few years. That never felt right. Blue Cloak has felt more like Dr. Strange than old Strange has felt for several years.
    Restoring Strange to life with his entire soul put back together is the only ending to this story that makes sense to me. And YES, I dearly hope Marvel will stop writing him as a jerk Tony Stark clone. I understand the intent of changing his personality a bit as he interacted more with the non-magical superhero crowd, but Marvel went overboard, IMO.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

In the meantime, I wonder if next issue they will reveal that Mordo is innocent and someone else is the murderer. That would be kind of hilarious. Maybe we won't find out for sure until the very last issue.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

So, do y'all think Stephen's gonna restore Peter's secret identity in No Way Home? I really REALLY hope SONY doesn't go that route. Restoring a superhero's secret identity using some lame-ass magical deus ex machina sounds so pathetic to me. And did you hear about the rumors of Loki, Mobius and Sylvie appearing in MoM? I actually LIKE that idea. I don't think Marvel Studios has done a great job explaining time travel and multiverses to general audiences despite what seems like HOURS of exposition dumps in Endgame and Loki. I think Disney will TRY AGAIN to explain these science fiction concepts in Strange 2. Hopefully in a more palatable way for "casuals", newcomers and kids. I think test screenings for the MoM proved to Marvel Studio execs that audiences were not on board with how they dealt with time travelling/multiverses (hence the delays) I actually think I have a firmer grasp on the rules of the multiverse now, but I believe Marvel should simplify things EVEN FURTHER. I was so confused in Loki when the TVA stated they could reset timelines if folks showed up late for work, but allowed Sylvie to live for so long in hers (there were deadlines to how long the reset charges would be effective according to the rules spelled out in the Loki series). I was also confused when Loki stated that Lokis "lose", but they don't "die." But at the beginning of the show, it was shown that one of his motivations to try to be "good" was seeing another version of himself being killed by Thanos in that other timeline (in Infinity War). I'm not trying to nitpick, but I admit a lot of the times I was flat out lost when I watched Endgame and Loki.