Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1630

I liked the ending of Strange 1. It's my favorite ending of all the MCU movies. Because Stephen didn't use his magic physically to defeat Dormammu. He used his intelligence. Actually Stephen defeating Dormammu and Hex Vision defeating White Vision were two of the most interesting "battles" I've seen in the MCU to be quite honest.

MoM. I'm looking forward to it. But not as much as I did before the Loki series. I was curious to see Strange as a "horror" character. I mean Raimi is pretty good at this stuff, but Derrickson seemed really passionate about his vision for Stephen. I don't wanna have loads of exposition about the rules and mechanics of time travel/multiverses in this movie. But I think we might get that. I do think Strange 2 will be really visually entertaining though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-18-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Dormammu's 3 minute cameo was better then the no-name character they somehow convinced Mads Mikkelsen to play.
    A complete waste of Mads Mikkelsen.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Preview of Death of Doctor Strange #1.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/17/ma...tor-strange-1/

It's not giving anything away, which is fine, but it is also not inspiring me to pick up this book about an event I do NOT want to happen.

Of course, this isn't helped by me reading Cinnibus as Cinnibuns.

Oh noes!!! The CINNIBUNS are DYING!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Preview of Death of Doctor Strange #1.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/17/ma...tor-strange-1/

It's not giving anything away, which is fine, but it is also not inspiring me to pick up this book about an event I do NOT want to happen.

Of course, this isn't helped by me reading Cinnibus as Cinnibuns.

Oh noes!!! The CINNIBUNS are DYING!
    I love everything about this preview, from the sassy way Strange comes striding in proclaiming (essentially) "STEP ASIDE! I AM A PROFESSIONAL!" to the way Garbett drew him with his eyes closed or mainly closed in these panels. Was that to make him look mysterious, or just to indicate that he's distracted and can barely be bothered to stop and deal with this mini-mystical crisis? I dunno, but I like it. The cops telling the guy that he needs to 'power down' made me laugh. Poor cops in the Marvel version of New York must run into rogue powered people as often as they encounter normal criminals with guns. And the poor Cinnibuns! What did they ever do to anybody? Why are the Cinnebuns dying? Who knows. I was seriously impressed that MacKay reached into the wayback machine to retrieve this obscure, minor villain from way back in the 60s. I wonder if he's going to have a larger role in the story, or if he was just there to demonstrate that MacKay is familiar with Doctor Strange's older canon.

I was originally not looking forward to this event because Marvel kills off their heroes so often that it no longer has any meaning, but ever since I reimagined it as Marvel Clue, the whole idea of all the heroes trying to figure out who murdered Doctor Strange amuses me endlessly. Seriously though (if it's possible for me to be serious about this), based on the previews, it does look like it's going to be a well told story.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I love everything about this preview, from the sassy way Strange comes striding in proclaiming (essentially) "STEP ASIDE! I AM A PROFESSIONAL!" to the way Garbett drew him with his eyes closed or mainly closed in these panels. Was that to make him look mysterious, or just to indicate that he's distracted and can barely be bothered to stop and deal with this mini-mystical crisis? I dunno, but I like it.
    It could be an homage to his original artistic portrayal....

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It could be an homage to his original artistic portrayal....
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

A moment of hilarity before the sure-to-be-so-so-sad Death of Doctor Strange debuts... I spotted this over on Tumblr. I don't know what It's Jeff! is (looks like a kiddie book about a cute shark named Jeff), but check out Doctor Strange's adorable Shuma-Gorath pool float. LOL!

Live Faust, Die Jung.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't know if anyone here collects these, but I saw the Doctor Strange Funko with the Spider-Man:No Way Home look was at my LCS last Wednesday so I grabbed one. I will probably get the Marvel Legends figure too if I can find one. Haven't seen it in any store yet

There will be a Hasbro Dr. Strange Supreme in November

and a Dr Strange "No Way Home" in December

They are sold out at the Hasbro site in the link but you can probably get these at Gamestop & Target, etc.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-21-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Me Likey the Hasbro which just gave us the Dormammu
    Last edited by Xheight; 09-21-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: busted link sorry

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I saw the Hasbro Marvel Legends Dormammu at the FYE store in the mall and was tempted to get that one. There's also a Marvel Legends Red Skull out and that would make a nice villain trio with my Doctor Doom.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I love MCU Wong. Comic book Wong really bugged me but MCU Wong is one of the few things from the Dr Strange movie that I enjoyed.

Tilda Swinton's character would have worked if they had called her anything besides 'The Ancient One'.
    It was dumb in the way they didn't want to portray the ancient one as Asian. Making the woman bald is somehow less angering? Because all these wise Asians are? Also, if they wanted a woman included they could have used Clea. I think they did what they did about Wong because it may have looked wrong for him to look serventile to Stephen. Also, Brother Voodo eventually became Dr. Strange for a time. More diversity. So one film of Doc Voodo or even half of one and some parts with Clea and there you have it. Not to mention female villains. What is scaring you Stephen? was quite a good bookshelf story. Voodoo could have even have graduated to one of the cross-over films.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-21-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Death of Doctor Strange #1 is out. No spoilers from me for now. I just want to say that it is amazing and the final panel is an absolute banger of a way to end the issue. I am pleased.

PS: Bats the very best good boy continues to be the sassiest ghost dog in comics.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I'm mixed on the issue myself. While it's a decent Doctor Strange tale, spoilers:
    I'm not crazy about the whole Barrier thing, given that Stephen has been depowered or taken out of commission SO often in the last 25 years or so, it comes across as forced drama.
    end of spoilers

And yes, Bats is Best Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm mixed on the issue myself. While it's a decent Doctor Strange tale, spoilers:
    I'm not crazy about the whole Barrier thing, given that Stephen has been depowered or taken out of commission SO often in the last 25 years or so, it comes across as forced drama.
    end of spoilers

And yes, Bats is Best Boy.
    I didn't mind that so much. spoilers:
    I see it as a validation of what it means to be Sorcerer Supreme that too many other writers ignored over the years as they played musical chairs with the title of Sorcerer Supreme while they were stuck in a rut of power/depower Strange stories. On another topic, the repeated instances of Strange (ala Koschei the Immortal) looking at pictures of Clea while musing on splitting his soul in order to ensure his immortality makes me incredibly hopeful that the situation with Clea will be resolved somehow during this storyline too. Anything that moves her beyond being seemingly stranded without her memories of Strange works for me.
    end of spoilers
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I didn't mind that so much. spoilers:
    I see it as a validation of what it means to be Sorcerer Supreme that too many other writers ignored over the years as they played musical chairs with the title of Sorcerer Supreme while they were stuck in a rut of power/depower Strange stories. On another topic, the repeated instances of Strange (ala Koschei the Immortal) looking at pictures of Clea while musing on splitting his soul in order to ensure his immortality makes me incredibly hopeful that the situation with Clea will be resolved somehow during this storyline too. Anything that moves her beyond being seemingly stranded without her memories of Strange works for me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I understand what you are saying, but it still comes out of nowhere. *shrug*

I figure odds are about 50-50 that he hid his soul with Clea, especially if (as I suspect) Silver Dagger is the killer.
    end of spoilers