Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
It simply doesn't matter. Call it magic, call it science, call it the love songs of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. As soon as a popular writer needs magic to be something else, whatever explanation/justification they come up with will be ignored.

For Hoggoth's sake... magic HAD rules. Decent ones, too. It's lazy editors and overrated writers who messed things up.
I believe you. I don't think you and Clea would even ENJOY Strange as a character if the stories he involved in didn't have "rules". I personally don't mind magic having a scientific basis and I consider Marvel magic to be very "science-y". I mean multiverses and dimensions have foundations in scientific theories right? I'm intrigued with the idea of Stephen being a "horror" character. Olsen and Waldron keep saying how "scary" the MoM is gonna be. I've never considered Doctor Strange's stories to be frightening, just trippy and weird. But I guess you CAN make the argument that horror and fantasy mix REALLY well together. I've actually become more interested in the horror genre myself because of Doctor Strange 2. I LOVE W.W. Jacob's classic short story, the Monkey's Paw. Now that's a tale which proves magic having a price can work VERY well for storytelling purposes: