Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1630
  1. #1471

  2. #1472
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Interesting! Is that meant to be Illyana? I wonder if this means they're going to make her the next Sorcerer Supreme. I don't think it's Clea. Her hair is white. What we can see here looks blonde.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  3. #1473
    On a Mission… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Hopefully these issues have been out long enough that I don't need to stick this behind spoiler tags.

    I've been thinking about the Death of Doctor Strange and who the murderer might be. After issue #3, I thought Mordo was the killer. I've been thinking about it a lot since reading the issue, and now I'm not sure at all. There are still two more issues to go, so it seems a bit early to reveal the killer's identity. So far, we've seen three possible sorcerous suspects: Pavel Plotnick (from issue #1), Kaecilius (issues 2-3), and Karl Mordo (issues 2-3). Do you think Strange's murderer is one of these three guys (acting individually or together), or someone we haven't yet seen? I'm ruling out the four other-dimension warlords, because Strange would have sensed their presence at the Sanctum before he opened the door.
    I still say Silver Dagger. It's ALWAYS Silver Dagger.

  4. #1474
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I still say Silver Dagger. It's ALWAYS Silver Dagger.
    That would be cool. He's a good villain.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  5. #1475
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Interesting! Is that meant to be Illyana? I wonder if this means they're going to make her the next Sorcerer Supreme. I don't think it's Clea. Her hair is white. What we can see here looks blonde.
    It looks white enough to me. My first reaction was "Cla", but I see some people in the comment see her as well, while others see Magik.
    And as someone said, maybe it's not DoDS relatd, but just an alternate Gwen Stacy.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  6. #1476
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It looks white enough to me. My first reaction was "Cla", but I see some people in the comment see her as well, while others see Magik.
    And as someone said, maybe it's not DoDS relatd, but just an alternate Gwen Stacy.
    I've always thought they wouldn't have someone who is already Sorcerer Supreme of another dimension also serve in this role for the Earth dimension, but Marvel does love to pass this title around so maybe they will make Illyana or Clea or someone else Sorcerer Supreme after DoDS. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We'll see. If they give the title to Illyana, I'm sure fans of that character will be very happy to see what she does in the new role. OTOH, what will they do with Strange if they give the title to someone else? I can't imagine they'll leave him dead. I don't think the Trademark and IP gods wlil allow that to happen. Perhaps he will roam the world like a lonely magical ronin, solving magic crimes with his sweet ghost dog sidekick. LOL. If they do leave him dead, I'll just peace out from Marvel for a while until they bring him back.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  7. #1477
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    I think it is just a variant cover with either Gwen or Magik and nothing to do with the storyline. Unless, of course, it IS Black Cat.



    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Hopefully these issues have been out long enough that I don't need to stick this behind spoiler tags.

    I've been thinking about the Death of Doctor Strange and who the murderer might be. After issue #3, I thought Mordo was the killer. I've been thinking about it a lot since reading the issue, and now I'm not sure at all. There are still two more issues to go, so it seems a bit early to reveal the killer's identity. So far, we've seen three possible sorcerous suspects: Pavel Plotnick (from issue #1), Kaecilius (issues 2-3), and Karl Mordo (issues 2-3). Do you think Strange's murderer is one of these three guys (acting individually or together), or someone we haven't yet seen? I'm ruling out the four other-dimension warlords, because Strange would have sensed their presence at the Sanctum before he opened the door.

    Plotnick: Dude just wanted a little power! Strange thought he'd helped Plotnick by severing his connection to the dying Plane of Cinnibus and then leaving him in the hands of a couple NYC cops. Maybe Plotnick was linked to more than just the Seven Sons of Cinnibus.

    Kaecilius: He was harboring a serious grudge against Strange after being exiled to the Purple Dimension. But does he have enough power (or courage) to murder Strange?

    Mordo: Mordo has been Strange's arch enemy from the start and we know he stole the Eye of Agamotto and the Cloak of Levitation from Strange's murdered body. But did he kill Strange or just capitalize off of Strange's death by stealing the Sorcerer Supreme swag?

    Could it be someone that we have not yet seen in the mini-series? Anything's possible.

    After thinking about it, I've decided that it would be cool if the murderer turns out to be Plotnick. Where did he get all that power from in the first place?

    Plotnick: Kaecilius:
    Mordo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I still say Silver Dagger. It's ALWAYS Silver Dagger. : )
    Yep, my money is on Silver Dagger, maybe working with Mordo.

    I never thought of Plotnick. But that would be a major twist. Even his name ... PLOTnick ... hmmmm.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  8. #1478
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I think it is just a variant cover with either Gwen or Magik and nothing to do with the storyline. Unless, of course, it IS Black Cat.

    Yep, my money is on Silver Dagger, maybe working with Mordo.

    I never thought of Plotnick. But that would be a major twist. Even his name ... PLOTnick ... hmmmm.
    Honestly, now I want the murderer to turn out to be Plotnick so much! It would be hilariously unexpected since he seems like such a minor foe and Strange neutralized him as a threat so quickly in issue #1 (Or did he???) Plotnick did try to murder Strange the first time they met back in ST #145, and he knew the location of the Sanctum. Strange erased magic from his mind (which is likely what led him to seek new powers elsewhere). Plotnick's probably been seeking revenge all these years since. LOL. Kaecilius is far too much of a second rate loser to kill Strange. Plus, I think Strange would have been more on guard if he'd opened the door and found Kaecilius standing there. Likewise for Mordo, who I don't think would have bothered to wait politely for Strange to open the door for him. I mean, Mordo is the obvious choice and my initial pick, especially since he had Strange's swag, but upon reflection, I think he's too obvious. That leaves me with Plotnick as the likely killer in this game of Marvel Clue. I will be endlessly amused if he does turn out to be the killer. [Please Jed MacKay, make it so!]

    As for that mystery cover in that Twitter post...I agree that it's probably just a misleading variant cover, meant to tease Illyana (or someone) as the next Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, when she is in fact the Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo already. My bet is still on Strange himself being the next Sorcerer Supreme after the mystery of his death is resolved.

    Black Cat though.... LOL. Black Cat, Thief Supreme, perhaps, but not Sorcerer Supreme. Unless she steals Strange's stuff after Blue Cloak Strange steals it back from Mordo who stole it from dead Contemporary Strange. Lots of stealing! She would like that.
    Last edited by Clea; 12-08-2021 at 08:33 AM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  9. #1479
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Honestly, now I want the murderer to turn out to be Plotnick so much! It would be hilariously unexpected since he seems like such a minor foe and Strange neutralized him as a threat so quickly in issue #1 (Or did he???) Plotnick did try to murder Strange the first time they met back in ST #145, and he knew the location of the Sanctum. Strange erased magic from his mind (which is likely what led him to seek new powers elsewhere). Plotnick's probably been seeking revenge all these years since. LOL. Kaecilius is far too much of a second rate loser to kill Strange. Plus, I think Strange would have been more on guard if he'd opened the door and found Kaecilius standing there. Likewise for Mordo, who I don't think would have bothered to wait politely for Strange to open the door for him. I mean, Mordo is the obvious choice and my initial pick, especially since he had Strange's swag, but upon reflection, I think he's too obvious. That leaves me with Plotnick as the likely killer in this game of Marvel Clue. I will be endlessly amused if he does turn out to be the killer. [Please Jed MacKay, make it so!]

    As for that mystery cover in that Twitter post...I agree that it's probably just a misleading variant cover, meant to tease Illyana (or someone) as the next Sorcerer Supreme of Earth, when she is in fact the Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo already. My bet is still on Strange himself being the next Sorcerer Supreme after the mystery of his death is resolved.

    Black Cat though.... LOL. Black Cat, Thief Supreme, perhaps, but not Sorcerer Supreme. Unless she steals Strange's stuff after Blue Cloak Strange steals it back from Mordo who stole it from dead Contemporary Strange. Lots of stealing! She would like that.
    It's just that Jed McKay is extremely partial to Black Cat and he uses her in lots of things -- and ways I find intrusive / eyerolling. Hopefully he'll resist here.

    I agree. I think younger Stephen, or some amalgamation, will end up being the 'new' Sorcerer Supreme. Which is the best solution, IMO, if they won't revive the 'real' Doctor Strange. My question is who is going to write and draw the new series? I mean, there has to be one, what with MCU synergy.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  10. #1480
    Dark Dimension Clea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Preview of Defenders #4, due to be released on 15 December: https://www.gamesradar.com/defenders-4-marvel/
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

  11. #1481
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    I wonder what's causing the delay on this book. I think the last issue came out in like October???

    Still digging the art, and the weirdness!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #1482
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    Nice commissioned piece from Veronica Fish.



    https://www.instagram.com/p/CXUHydiL..._web_copy_link
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #1483
    On a Mission… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I wonder what's causing the delay on this book. I think the last issue came out in like October???

    Still digging the art, and the weirdness!
    A lot of books were delayed because of issues at their printer. This may have been one of them.

  14. #1484

    Default

    It was a woeld wide paper shortage.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  15. #1485
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    A lot of books were delayed because of issues at their printer. This may have been one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was a woeld wide paper shortage.
    There is that, but there's plenty of books that have been on time. I guess they had priorities and this book wasn't one of them. It's a shame.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •