Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1630

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm also glad they got rid of Fu Manchu and all the yellow peril stuff.

I really feel like they are building up to Midnight Sons in the MCU.
    I'd like to see a Midnight Sons tv series. It would be a good vehicle to showcase Marvel supernatural/horror stories. They could even sneak in quick cameo appearances from Doctor Strange from time to time.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I'd like to see a Midnight Sons tv series. It would be a good vehicle to showcase Marvel supernatural/horror stories. They could even sneak in quick cameo appearances from Doctor Strange from time to time.
    Yeah I'd like that as well. Plenty of time there to flesh everything out.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

After today's issue I'd be shocked if the new sorcerer supreme is anyone other than Clea.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After today's issue I'd be shocked if the new sorcerer supreme is anyone other than Clea.
    She's ALREADY one, or was.

Honestly, I'm more irritated by the hook about the mantle. Ever since Bendis, the role has been less about responsibility, and more some sort of video-game power-up.

But I suppose Mackay had to work with the canon he was given.

It's all very well written from what I've seen.

... I just hate that it's even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    She's ALREADY one, or was.

Honestly, I'm more irritated by the hook about the mantle. Ever since Bendis, the role has been less about responsibility, and more some sort of video-game power-up.

But I suppose Mackay had to work with the canon he was given.
    I'm not so sure that Clea would ever be Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth Dimension. As DigiCom notes, Clea is/has had this role already in her own dimension. Her first allegiance is the Dark Dimension, not the Earth dimension. Unless Clea was somehow permanently separated from the Dark Dimension (there are multiple ways this could happen), I don't see her becoming or remaining Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth dimension for very long. I could see her taking on the role on a temporary basis to help transition to a more permanent Earth-dimension based person, but then we'd be stuck with this ongoing nonsense that Marvel's been indulging in for the last several years, of taking the role away from Strange, giving it to someone else, then giving it back to Strange. That is SO tiresome.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Default Death of Doctor Strange #3 - spoilers

Since the issue was just released today, I'll put my comments behind spoiler tags.
    spoilers:

First and most important: Bats does not appear in this issue.

Just kidding. He doesn't appear in the issue but it's hardly the most important thing in the issue. There were three big moments in this issue.

1. Strange Tales Strange performs a mystical autopsy of his dead future self and learns the identity of his murderer. Cue the Agatha song: It Was Mordo All Along! That rascal was just faking last issue when he said that someone else had robbed him of the pleasure of murdering Strange. Nope. It was Mordo, with a magical power-up from the other dimensional magical warlords we saw in the last issue: Agammon, Tiboro, Umar, and Dagoth. Those evil entities didn't come to Earth seeking Strange's protection from the Peregrine Child. They knew Strange was going to be murdered, but they also knew they were on the Child's menu and they were hoping that Earth's other defenders would protect them.

EDIT: I've been thinking about this and realize that it's entirely possible that Mordo isn't the murderer. He had the Eye and the Cloak, but it's possible that someone else killed Strange and Mordo just stole the Eye and the Cloak (either directly, or via whoever did kill Strange). I can't decide. /EDIT

2. Strange's soul was stolen (along with his hands) along with the extra powers granted to him for holding the role of Sorcerer Supreme. Until Strange's soul and these extra mystical powers are able to be released into the eather, there cannot be another Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth Dimension. That stinks (but may also provide the possible means to restore Strange to life and to the role of Sorcerer Supreme. We've already seen Clea retrieve a departed soul and restore someone to life. In fact, we've seen her use the Silver Surfer's energy to create an entirely new person from scratch, so we know that it's possible to bring Strange back somehow. I could see Marvel having her restore Strange to life but in such a way that she and Strange could never co-exist in the same dimension ever again, because Marvel just seems to hate them together as a couple. That would stink.).

3. The most important moment- to me since I love Clea the most of any Marvel character- was her telling Strange that Mephisto restored her memories of Strange at the moment of his death when it would hurt her the most. I mean...yay that she got her memories back, but in such a horrible and cruel manner. Strange's younger incarnation was clearly moved and said that of all of the horrible things he's witnessed since appearing, knowing that he became such an utter fool as to lose her love hurt him the most. When Clea started to kiss him, this incarnation of Strange rebuffs her and says that he is not yet the man that she loves. Then Clea apologizes for trying to kiss him because she knows he's right and it all sucks and their relationship is apparently doomed to be just an endless tragedy. ... Ugh. Marvel, why do you continue to do this to my favorite character?

This issue ends with Strange, Clea, and Wong closing in on Mordo (who is cowering behind a big bolted door, clutching the stolen Eye of Agamotto and Cloak of Levitation) while simultaneously elsewhere we see Dagoth being fed to the Peregrine Child while the other warlords telepathically laugh and say, 'Sucks to be you! We're just glad the Child ate you first!' LOL.

Other highlights (to me):
    Clea summons a spirit she calls a flibbertigibbet to search the earth for Strange's stolen artifacts. Clearly, at some point during her stay on earth, Clea watched the Sound of Music. LOL.

Previous Strange continues to be astonished at what his future self was up to. His reaction when Wong mentions Galactus was hilarious. He also says that he's going to go do some avenging. LOL.

Only two issues remain. There will be avenging, someone named as Sorcerer Supreme, and the resolution of the Three Mothers and the Peregrine Child.

I know what I else would like to see happen. I'd like to see Stephen Strange restored to life and to the role of Sorcerer Supreme. I'd like to see Strange and Clea be reconciled, and I'd really love it if Marvel would stop screwing around with them as a couple and just let them be happy. Finally, I'd like to see Blue-Cloak Strange at least pet Bats one time and take him for a walk, because I'm sure Bats would really appreciate it. The poor ghost dog must be quite stressed and confused.

Overall, I loved this issue and I continue to heartily enjoy this series.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Clea; 12-05-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

She and past Strange are the only people going to get present-Strange's cloak and soul back. He makes a big deal here about the need for someone to assume the role of sorcerer supreme right now to deal with the current threat, and they can't contact the X-Men because of 'reasons.' She's the only sorcerer in a position to to take on the responsibility now. If they had brought more sorcerers along or established them as being able to come soon there would be a larger pool to choose from. I guess it's possible that they grab what they need, go home and put out a summons for candidates, but I don't see that happening. And I don't see past Strange staying around and becoming the 'new' sorcerer supreme. That would mess up the timeline and defeat the entire purpose of the story. Add to that the fact that no other sorcerer has gotten any development in the mini and it would seem out of left field for it to be anyone other than the character who has gotten so much focus.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 11-24-2021 at 12:44 PM.

She and past Strange are the only people going to get present-Strange's cloak and soul back. He makes a big deal here about the need for someone to assume the role of sorcerer supreme right now to deal with the current threat, and they can't contact the X-Men because of 'reasons.' She's the only sorcerer in a position to to take on the responsibility now. If they had brought more sorcerers along or established them as being able to come soon there would be a larger pool to choose from. I guess it's possible that they grab what they need, go home and put out a summons for candidates, but I don't see that happening. And I don't see past Strange staying around and becoming the 'new' sorcerer supreme. That would mess up the timeline and defeat the entire purpose of the story. Add to that the fact that no other sorcerer has gotten any development in the mini and it would seem out of left field for it to be anyone other than the character who has gotten so much focus.
    It's possible they'd select Clea. However, if they want to limit it to the characters that have been featured in the story thus far, they could also name Wong as the next Sorcerer Supreme (permanently or as a placeholder), assuming they don't restore Strange to life. He's trained and he can fight.

I'm still expecting Strange to be restored to life by the end of this series, but if they do pass the title on to someone else, it would be quite an interesting development if they handed the mantle over to Wong for a while. Still, the conditions laid out in this issue for naming the next Sorcerer Supreme means that it isn't something they can do right away, regardless of who's been active in the story so far.
    Last edited by Clea; 11-24-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see them bringing Strange back to life here. They've been marketing the 'new' sorcerer supreme for a while now and are saying that the new series will have a new sorcerer supreme. The idea that all of their marketing has been a fake-out does not make sense and it would be much more controversial if they go that route after building up exactly the opposite. They've also stated for months that the new sorcerer supreme would be revealed in issue 4, so it is right away. They have 25 pages in which to make the reveal. On December 22, we will know who it is.

Extraordinary Member

So they confirmed this Strange has a few days left

I don't see them bringing Strange back to life here. They've been marketing the 'new' sorcerer supreme for a while now and are saying that the new series will have a new sorcerer supreme. The idea that all of their marketing has been a fake-out does not make sense and it would be much more controversial if they go that route after building up exactly the opposite. They've also stated for months that the new sorcerer supreme would be revealed in issue 4, so it is right away. They have 25 pages in which to make the reveal. On December 22, we will know who it is.
    They market lots of things that don't come to pass. Marvel is the king of fake covers. Of promising things in events that never really happen. It's a sales pitch. They aren't always honest.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They market lots of things that don't come to pass. Marvel is the king of fake covers. Of promising things in events that never really happen. It's a sales pitch. They aren't always honest.
    This is very true. Marvel marketing is quite sly. I wouldn't say they're dishonest, but they do stretch the truth all the time. They love to tease and jokingly (mis)lead fans into jumping to conclusions that may or may not actually come to pass. They're really geniuses at this sort of marketing. They'll say or promote anything so long as their fans stay engaged and keep talking about their favorite stories and characters.

So far as this mini-series is concerned, it's worth remembering that the MCU is getting set to release a new film soon featuring a very much alive Stephen Strange as Sorcerer Supreme. It wouldn't be wise of them to bump off Strange in the comics or even take away his title right before his next film appearances.

Even if they do name someone else as Sorcerer Supreme for a while, it'll just circle back around to Strange eventually.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So they confirmed this Strange has a few days left
    Yes, he's just one stolen week out of Strange's life. Once that week ends...bye-bye. I'll miss that blue cloak once he's gone. It's so pretty.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Nice interview with Doctor Strange:

https://news.sky.com/story/benedict-...women-12476463

Weird to see Benedict talking in a British accent. Haven't seen him in anything outside of the Marvel stuff. He's one of my favorites in the MCU. It's a good thing the dudebros in the comic book community probably haven't seen this interview. Terms like "toxic masculinity" would sound VERY woke to them. LOL!

By the way, on the earlier topic of stans, their behavior can be annoying as hell (but MOSTLY when they bash characters to elevate their favorites). Like when Loki stans wanted to hijack Thor projects, or when Daredevil stans want to hijack Echo, or when Wanda stans want to hijack the MoM. I appreciate the enthusiasm and support. I think that's great. But it's EXTREMELY irritating when MCU stans bash other franchises and I don't like that either. I'm convinced the current animosity towards the MCU is partly due to the behavior of MCU stans. No, I go back on my earlier comments. Basically all stans are dickheads!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-24-2021 at 09:59 PM.