Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Thanks, but I need more clarification. "Strange dying" isn't enough. Is it:
    - Strange dies just for the purpose of this story, but will be restored before the next MCU movie is released?
    - Strange dies for a year or so in order to let Marvel writers present a whole series of "So-In-So is the New Sorcerer Supreme!" stories, until Strange comes back again?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics but will continue in the MCU?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics AND in the MCU (after file #2), thus sending legions of Cumberbatch fans to their fainting couches to weep and rage against the prospect of a Strange-less future?
    The first two are probably the most likely.

he's going to die and black cat is going to make out with zelma in front of his grave
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Thanks, but I need more clarification. "Strange dying" isn't enough. Is it:
    - Strange dies just for the purpose of this story, but will be restored before the next MCU movie is released?
    - Strange dies for a year or so in order to let Marvel writers present a whole series of "So-In-So is the New Sorcerer Supreme!" stories, until Strange comes back again?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics but will continue in the MCU?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics AND in the MCU (after file #2), thus sending legions of Cumberbatch fans to their fainting couches to weep and rage against the prospect of a Strange-less future?
    Most likely, "Strange dies until Marvel needs to renew the trademark."

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he's going to die and black cat is going to make out with zelma in front of his grave
    Possible!

Or maybe he will die but come back as Ghost!Strange so that he can hang out with Ghost Dog!Bats. The two of them will just randomly show up in other MU stories and make snarky comments but not help out because they're ghosts. Eventually the heroes will get tired of this so they'll ask Clea to bring Strange back to life (which is one of her MU-canon abilities). Unfortunately, one of the heroes will make the mistake of reminding Clea that she used to be married to Strange, and she'll be so angry when she realizes that Strange erased her memories without even asking her permission that she resurrects Bats instead, and leaves Strange as a ghost. Because honestly, Strange fridged all of her memories because he made a deal with Mephisto, so he really doesn't deserve her sympathy, as opposed to Bats who got ghosted by Loki through no fault of his own.

Once again the story ends with Bats becoming the new Sorcerer Supreme. This time Strange gets to be the ghost companion. Win-win! Bats promises Clea that he would never do something are awful and rude as erasing her memory because he's a Good Boy who would never do something so arrogant and cruel. They become good friends. She gives him a new Dormammu chew-toy every year as a symbol of their new friendship.
    Last edited by Clea; 06-10-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Do you think Strange's new book will change the "rules" of Marvel magic AGAIN? I mean, do you think Marvel will keep the whole "magic has a price" thing? Or do you think they will make Marvel magic a "mystery science"?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-11-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Do you think Strange's new book will change the "rules" of Marvel magic AGAIN? I mean, do you think Marvel will keep the whole "magic has price" thing? Or do you think they will make Marvel magic a "mystery science"?
    I don't think that's really come up that much as of late, but I could be wrong.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope he’s at least alive long enough to take part of the Darkhold, since it looks like it’s kicking off at the same time his death does.

Do you think Strange's new book will change the "rules" of Marvel magic AGAIN? I mean, do you think Marvel will keep the whole "magic has price" thing? Or do you think they will make Marvel magic a "mystery science"?
    Probably, but I suspect they'll last as long as the last attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I guess it would depend on who kills him this time and how, but I don't see the need to change the rules of magic just because they're killing off Strange. All kidding about Bats aside, until proven otherwise, the timing of this story right before the next film makes me suspect that it's just a stunt to set up a dramatic, exciting story in the comics to highlight how unique and important Strange is to the MU. Kill him, generate drama by having the heroes panic and realize that no one can truly replace him, then bring him back just in time for MoM. Everything will go back to status quo, and there will be great rejoicing. Maybe at that point Marvel will set up a new ongoing series for him.

Of course if it isn't a clever marketing ploy and they do knock him off for good, then I'll go back to voting for Bats as next Sorcerer Supreme.
    Last edited by Clea; 06-11-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's really come up that much as of late, but I could be wrong.
    I guess that means Marvel magic is a bit of a mess right now then?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally don't mind it if Marvel treats magic like a "science humans don't understand yet." Because at least with that there are no grand and sweeping generalizations about something only to be contradicted later because a lazy writer really, really wanted this one thing to happen. Definitely avoids the whole "practically everything is possible' until it isn't because the plot demands it trope. But I do acknowledge a lot of magic/fantasy fans don't like this idea.

Someone should set up a poll so we can vote on the best Doctor Strange death in the history of Marvel. It would take some time to compile a list of all the times he's died already.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I’m wondering if this will be like what DC did with Hawkman, killing him off and then resurrecting him in a big crossover set next year.

I hope the greatest sorcerer in the multiverse from the upcoming Darkhold event turns out to be Sise-Neg. That one n done back in the 70’s would be a great call back.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally don't mind it if Marvel treats magic like a "science humans don't understand yet." Because at least with that there are no grand and sweeping generalizations about something only to be contradicted later because a lazy writer really, really wanted this one thing to happen. Definitely avoids the whole "practically everything is possible' until it isn't because the plot demands it trope. But I do acknowledge a lot of magic/fantasy fans don't like this idea.
    It simply doesn't matter. Call it magic, call it science, call it the love songs of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. As soon as a popular writer needs magic to be something else, whatever explanation/justification they come up with will be ignored.

For Hoggoth's sake... magic HAD rules. Decent ones, too. It's lazy editors and overrated writers who messed things up.