Page 57 of 109 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Would you be willing to bet your next paycheck on that?
    McKay is doing Moon Knight too but unless Felicia pops up there, yeah.

Plus, it's been hinted she gathers up the Gems anyways.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I don't think they'll go that overboard.
    Did you see where Jed McKay made Black Cat into an Asgardian goddess in the last event? Or how about the upcoming arc / mini-series where Black Cat gets the Infinity Gauntlet? (I can't even ...)

And according to this article, Black Cat has been stealing from Doctor Strange (oh really?) and saving from Knull in part because ...

After that, Black Cat recruited Bats, the ghost dog, for her mission. Bats has a close relationship with Black Cat,
    https://www.cbr.com/king-in-black-bl...rdian-upgrade/

At the very least, I'm pretty sure Jed McKay will have a major role for Black Cat in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Would you be willing to bet your next paycheck on that?
    Heh. Not me!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Who killed Stephen Strange? Sounds like a game of Clue. Perhaps Wong did it in the Library with the Orb of Agamotto. Or maybe Clea killed him in the Study with the Flames of Faltine.

Marvel: the House of (we've run out of) Ideas.
    LOL! Now that sounds like fun! I need to find an old game of Clue and Marvelize it!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Did you see where Jed McKay made Black Cat into an Asgardian goddess in the last event? Or how about the upcoming arc / mini-series where Black Cat gets the Infinity Gauntlet? (I can't even ...)

And according to this article, Black Cat has been stealing from Doctor Strange (oh really?) and saving from Knull in part because ...

https://www.cbr.com/king-in-black-bl...rdian-upgrade/

At the very least, I'm pretty sure Jed McKay will have a major role for Black Cat in this mess.

Heh. Not me!
    To be fair, I thought Knull would pop up in Cates Thor but he's managed to keep them seperate, granted he has Thanos who he wrote and Thanos is his favorite villain to write so wouldn't shock me if we got both sides of the Cat favoritism.

Regardless, this idea is stupid and I want it to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    To be fair, I thought Knull would pop up in Cates Thor but he's managed to keep them seperate, granted he has Thanos who he wrote and Thanos is his favorite villain to write so wouldn't shock me if we got both sides of the Cat favoritism.

Regardless, this idea is stupid and I want it to tank.
    The idea is pretty stupid. Not only that, it's pretty stale and unimaginative as well. I hate this kind of ****. The overuse of "alternative realities", "magic" and "time travel" just leads to creative dead ends. And I include character "resurrections" as well. These kinds of stories cheapen stakes and leads to confusion. They've messed up comic books terribly, in my opinion. I have nothing but praise and admiration for the work Marvel Studios has done in adapting comic book stories. The executives there are extremely talented people. But if they go overboard with "alternative realities", "magic", "resurrections" and "time travel", I absolutely think that the MCU will eventually go down the drain:

http://aboutcomics.blogwyrm.com/?p=47
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-09-2021 at 10:32 AM.

strange is going to be written by ewing and mckay which is the best situation a character can be in right now and the best situation for strange since like, ditko, you're all gonna be ok lol
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

LOL! Now that sounds like fun! I need to find an old game of Clue and Marvelize it!
    Bats did it in the kitchen with his Spiderman chew-toy. Who else should be added to the list of suspects?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The most likely candidates are Doom, Voodoo, Magik, Clea, Shaman, or Wiccan.
    And Bats! Why do you keep overlooking the obvious? By the Roving Rings of Jerky Treats! By the Moons of Milk-Bone! By the Bacon-Flavor of Beggin' Strips!
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Incredible Member

It's might be a Superior Spider-man thing and Mordo becomes Sorcerer Supreme. I still think it's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    And Bats! Why do you keep overlooking the obvious? By the Roving Rings of Jerky Treats! By the Moons of Milk-Bone! By the Bacon-Flavor of Beggin' Strips!
    Bats is going to be a fine Sorcerer Supreme. Look how well he handled Dormammu.

kijjOydD_o.jpg
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    strange is going to be written by ewing and mckay which is the best situation a character can be in right now and the best situation for strange since like, ditko, you're all gonna be ok lol
    Well, how long will Ewing have him if he's being killed off? McKay's great but he's working from a premise that's hard for anyone to get invested in.

Waid was pretty great, honestly, compared to what came before. But then they just ended it because of COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, how long will Ewing have him if he's being killed off? McKay's great but he's working from a premise that's hard for anyone to get invested in.

Waid was pretty great, honestly, compared to what came before. But then they just ended it because of COVID.
    What is McKay's premise?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

What is McKay's premise?
    Strange dying .

Bats did it in the kitchen with his Spiderman chew-toy. Who else should be added to the list of suspects?
    Wong, of course. ;p

Bats is going to be a fine Sorcerer Supreme. Look how well he handled Dormammu.

kijjOydD_o.jpg
    LOL! This is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Strange dying .
    Thanks, but I need more clarification. "Strange dying" isn't enough. Is it:
    - Strange dies just for the purpose of this story, but will be restored before the next MCU movie is released?
    - Strange dies for a year or so in order to let Marvel writers present a whole series of "So-In-So is the New Sorcerer Supreme!" stories, until Strange comes back again?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics but will continue in the MCU?
    - Strange dies permanently in the comics AND in the MCU (after film #2), thus sending legions of Cumberbatch fans to their fainting couches to weep and rage against the prospect of a Strange-less future?

...SNIP...LOL! This is perfect!
    Thanks. And remember, Bats possessed Strange during the Damnation series, so I assume that while Bats was inhabiting Strange's mind, he learned ALL of Strange's magic and his entire history with all of his magical battles and foes, thus eliminating the need for Bats to spend years of study in Kamar-Taj. He is ready to step right into the Cloak of Levitation and start his new duties. Fans will simply have to stop referring to 'hand-wavy' spells and say 'paw-wavy.'
    Last edited by Clea; 06-10-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.