Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1630

My notes say this is by Abz J. Harding:

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    My notes say this is by Abz J. Harding:
    It is! I love their art. Doctor Strange is a fav of theirs, but she also does a body horror take on him.

Also, great title on that book. ;p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-20-2021 at 11:20 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I get to review Death of Doctor Strange, and the Darkhold for Comic-Watch! I’m going to have a very magical fall.
    Color me green with envy! Looking forward to it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Somehow missed this early preview of the new Defenders book. Look at this amazing two page spread! It's old school Doctor Strange awesome!

An interesting bit from Ewing, given the recent conversation:

"We've been holding onto this a little bit, but a big part of this Defenders run involves exploring previous Marvel realities. When Secret Wars happened - the latest one - we established that we were now in the Eighth Cosmos, the eighth iteration of reality, and the Marvel Multiverse previous to Secret Wars had been the Seventh. Which makes Galactus' reality - or rather, the reality of the man he used to be before he became Galactus - the Sixth," Ewing explained. "We've embellished on that a little bit here and there - the Sixth Cosmos is all about science, the Fifth is all about magic - but we've never taken a deep dive. And that's what Defenders is for! We're going to take a deep dive back through the multiverses, and on the way, we're going to meet Taaia of Taa - Galactus' Mom. She's a Scienceer of the SIxth Infinity, and she's a whole lot of fun, especially as part of an odd kind of double-act with Stephen Strange."

More images and an interview with Al Ewing here:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ers-first-look
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-22-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Somehow missed this early preview of the new Defenders book. ... An interesting bit from Ewing, given the recent conversation: ... More images and an interview with Al Ewing here:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ers-first-look
    That art looks amazing. It really does remind me of old school Doctor Strange. Thanks for the link to the Ewing interview. I'm looking forward to reading this series.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    That art looks amazing. It really does remind me of old school Doctor Strange. Thanks for the link to the Ewing interview. I'm looking forward to reading this series.
    I keep looking at that double page spread and finding more cool details ... what is that skull beneath the wonderfully incorporated title? As well as old friends like the Wand of Watoomb. And that brazier looks familiar too. Plus the idea of Strange meditating upside down. Perfect!

I'm curious about that Fifth Cosmos of magic. I wonder if Ewing has written anything about it?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

That art is amazing. Omg. I hope they’ll do a solo run on Strange after it’s over. Or Ram V. His work on JLD over at DC was the best team book they were publishing.

I keep looking at that double page spread and finding more cool details ... what is that skull beneath the wonderfully incorporated title? As well as old friends like the Wand of Watoomb. And that brazier looks familiar too. Plus the idea of Strange meditating upside down. Perfect!

I'm curious about that Fifth Cosmos of magic. I wonder if Ewing has written anything about it?
    I didn’t even catch Strange meditating upside down.

That art is amazing. Omg. I hope they’ll do a solo run on Strange after it’s over. Or Ram V. His work on JLD over at DC was the best team book they were publishing.
    I haven't read that book, or anything by Ram V. I don't think he's done anything for Marvel. I did read the first Vendetti / Hitch Hawkman trade you mentioned, and really liked it, so I'll try the JLD book when I get a chance.

Yes, I'm really feeling this art. Disappointed that Ewing didn't use Namor, but everything else about this book screams WINNER! It's on my pull list.

I didn’t even catch Strange meditating upside down.
    Yep! It matches the Magician card being reversed.

I haven't read that book, or anything by Ram V. I don't think he's done anything for Marvel. I did read the first Vendetti / Hitch Hawkman trade you mentioned, and really liked it, so I'll try the JLD book when I get a chance.

Yes, I'm really feeling this art. Disappointed that Ewing didn't use Namor, but everything else about this book screams WINNER! It's on my pull list.
    The first 5 issues of the new Swamp Thing maxi is out. You’ll become a fan of his. I really want to see an Ewing Namor book.

Yep! It matches the Magician card being reversed.
    So much amazing in this picture, it’s almost overwhelming.

The first 5 issues of the new Swamp Thing maxi is out. You’ll become a fan of his. I really want to see an Ewing Namor book.
    I haven't actually read much by Ewing, except for his Immortal Hulk. If he were going to do something so deep on Namor, that would be awesome!

That art is amazing. Omg. I hope they’ll do a solo run on Strange after it’s over.
    It sounds like Ewing would like the same thing! Here's an interview with him where he spends a good bit of time talking about Doctor Strange. Start it at 8:18

I'm curious about who the old Doctor Strange villain might be?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-23-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Did you notice on this page of the preview that Rodríguez drew Strange with stars in the whites of his eyes? I enlarged that panel just in case it's hard to see. Nice touch! I'm not familiar with the idea of previous themed iterations of the Marvel cosmos, but I'm really interested to see how this information is going to be revealed in this Defenders series.

Live Faust, Die Jung.

Looks like a "horror" comic.

I haven't actually read much by Ewing, except for his Immortal Hulk. If he were going to do something so deep on Namor, that would be awesome!

It sounds like Ewing would like the same thing! Here's an interview with him where he spends a good bit of time talking about Doctor Strange. Start it at 8:18

I'm curious about who the old Doctor Strange villain might be?
    That interview with Ewing is fabulous. Now I'm even more excited to start reading this Defenders series. He clearly knows his Doctor Strange history. I was especially pleased to hear him referencing the 'psychedelic' 70s era stories. Also, like all the other Ditko fans out there, I would LOVE to see the two issues of Strange Tales that Ditko kept and refused to turn in to Marvel. Wouldn't it be wild if they ended up in that Ditko exhibit they talked about? I would drive to Pennsylvania to see those if they were part of the exhibit.
    Last edited by Clea; 07-23-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Did you notice on this page of the preview that Rodríguez drew Strange with stars in the whites of his eyes? I enlarged that panel just in case it's hard to see. Nice touch! I'm not familiar with the idea of previous themed iterations of the Marvel cosmos, but I'm really interested to see how this information is going to be revealed in this Defenders series.

Yes! It's gorgeous and very mystical. A great detail!

I haven't really read it, but I'm thinking Ewing wrote about it in his Ultimates run -- which I guess I'm going to have read.

That interview with Ewing is fabulous. Now I'm even more excited to start reading this Defenders series. He clearly knows his Doctor Strange history. I was especially pleased to hear him referencing the 'psychedelic' 70s era stories. Also, like all the other Ditko fans out there, I would LOVE to see the two issues of Strange Tales that Ditko kept and refused to turn in to Marvel. Wouldn't it be wild if they ended up in that Ditko exhibit they talked about? I would drive to Pennsylvania to see those if they were part of the exhibit.
    It would be beyond amazing! Though I'm surprised any unpublished Ditko Doctor Strange has remained hidden all this time.

I enjoyed the interview also. Ewing is speaking of some of my favorite Doctor Strange writers, PLUS the rhyming spells! I love those! I hope the series does well.