Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    It's Master of the Mystic Arts #56 1982. The trio show up as a film crew to attack Strange inside the Sanctum. Once they realize that Strange is on to them, they bumble around trying to escape. Strange kinda stands around watching them make fools out of themselves, wondering, "How can anyone have studied the mystic arts as much as they...and yet have learned so little?" LOL. Adria foolishly grabs a purple globe without knowing what it is, and it sucks the trio into the Purple Dimension where they remain trapped until a lucky conjunction of the stars allowed them to slip free of the Purple Dimension back to Earth via an ancient artifact (a mirror) in Valkyrie: Jane Foster #4, 2019.

I thought it was amusing that they used Kaecilius as the antagonist in the MCU film. I wonder if Adria and Demonicus were amongst the rest of his crowd of Dormammu worshipping acolytes?
    Thanks. I always get those two series confused.

In the MCU, Adria was the name of Kaecilluis's wife. No word on ol' Demmy.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Thanks. I always get those two series confused.

In the MCU, Adria was the name of Kaecilluis's wife. No word on ol' Demmy.
    I did not remember that Adria was his wife in the movie. I guess it's time for me to get out the DVD and watch it again. I'm sure I'm missing lots of fun trivia like this.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I did not remember that Adria was his wife in the movie. I guess it's time for me to get out the DVD and watch it again. I'm sure I'm missing lots of fun trivia like this.
    She was named as such in the prequel comic. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Okay,
    Dr. Strange (1974)
    issues 1-5

Silver Dagger sounds like he's pretty powerful, I mean he literally drew Strange into the Orb of Agamotto?
    Dammit Clea's been kidnapped yet again, please don't tell me this will be a returning theme throughout this run?

Also, poor Wong, in this issue it has been stated that he's practised martial arts aaaand he gets knocked out by Silver Dagger. Wong didn't even land a single finger on him. :/

This issue was awesome!
    I had to remind myself that all these Avengers, Defenders, etc. were "unreal" barring Strange himself lol.

I'm confused,
    was this the MU version of Death or was it the Ancient One all along?

Second question, did the Ancient One bestow "600 years or even longer" upon Strange or is/are it/they someone else? Does this mean Strange is immortal now?

I'm five issues in and thus far it is IMHO safe to say Englehar/Brunner run will be marvellous, perhaps on par with Lee/Ditko run?

Finally Clea escaped on her own lol.
    Omg does this mean Silver Dagger is stuck in the Realm of Unreality forever?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I'm confused,
    was this the MU version of Death or was it the Ancient One all along?

Second question, did the Ancient One bestow "600 years or even longer" upon Strange or is/are it/they someone else? Does this mean Strange is immortal now?
    1. It's Death. The Ancient One is merely the messenger.
    2. He doesn't age, but he CAN be killed.

Omg does this mean Silver Dagger is stuck in the Realm of Unreality forever?!
    He's as gone forever as any other supervillain...
    Last edited by DigiCom; 04-26-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Nice interaction between Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange in Captain Marvel, #28. Carol is still being haunted by visions of future events and so seeks out Strange and asks him teach her magic. At first he literally laughs in her face, but then he realizes that she's serious. He takes her to a room called the Schrödinger Room in the magic bar with no doors. The room contains an entity that will reveal the answer to the question that the person seeks an answer to. It doesn't go well for Carol. When she realizes that Strange isn't going to teach her magic instantly, she storms off to get help elsewhere.

Strange has mentioned many times that it takes years of study to learn magic, so of course there is no way that he could teach her magic overnight. Carol obviously thought otherwise. For his part, Strange thought that what she really needed was insight. That's so very typical of how Strange approaches problems. When something's vexing him, he'll meditate until he finds the answer. Carol, OTOH, just wanted a quick power-up, not insight and kiss.

Overall, I liked this issue a lot. There is a lot of affectionate, relaxed banter between Strange and Carol. I think they are cute together as a couple. Their skillsets complement each other well. I'm looking forward to seeing how this storyline plays out over the next couple of issues. I suspect Carol's quest to gain magical power overnight is not going to turn out well.

Live Faust, Die Jung.

She was named as such in the prequel comic. I have no reason to believe otherwise.
    I haven't read that comic yet. I will find a copy and read it. Thanks for the tip!
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I know this is probably a REALLY dumb question, but since you've answered dumb questions of mine in the past happily, I'm gonna ask it now. WHO exactly can learn magic in the comic books AND in the movies? Is it like getting medical and law degrees? Do you need innate mystical talents to achieve magical greatness? Or are only a select chosen few allowed to be magic users? Please let me know! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I know this is probably a REALLY dumb question, but since you've answered dumb questions of mine in the past happily, I'm gonna ask it now. WHO exactly can learn magic in the comic books AND in the movies? Is it like getting medical and law degrees? Do you need innate mystical talents to achieve magical greatness? Or are only a select chosen few allowed to be magic users? Please let me know! Thanks.
    Anyone CAN learn magic. But some folks have an innate talent for it.

(Depending on the writer, Stephen himself is either a talented savant of magic, or just this guy, you know?)

Anyone CAN learn magic. But some folks have an innate talent for it.

(Depending on the writer, Stephen himself is either a talented savant of magic, or just this guy, you know?)
    So Steve Rogers, Hawkeye, Vision, Happy Hogan, Helen Cho, and Maria Hill can learn magic too?! If I were them, I would wanna get more powers as well.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-26-2021 at 11:41 AM.

So Steve Rogers, Hawkeye, Vision, Happy Hogan, Helen Cho, and Maria Hill can learn magic too?! If I were them, I would wanna get more powers as well.
    I'm not sure about Vizh (machines complicate things) but essentially, yeah. It's a lot of work, tho... it's more like learning Sumerian or Sanskrit than learning how to use Zoom to make calls.

I'm not sure about Vizh (machines complicate things) but essentially, yeah. It's a lot of work, tho... it's more like learning Sumerian or Sanskrit than learning how to use Zoom to make calls.
    Thankfully Strange is fluent in Google Translate!

Thankfully Strange is fluent in Google Translate!

I know a lot of folks on this thread don't want Strange to be quippy. But I hope he stays that way in the MoM. I think him, Star-Lord and War Machine are the three biggest joke machines in the MCU and I think that's so great.

I know a lot of folks on this thread don't want Strange to be quippy. But I hope he stays that way in the MoM. I think him, Star-Lord and War Machine are the three biggest joke machines in the MCU and I think that's so great.
    In my opinion, MCU!Strange and comics!Strange are different characters. What works for one does not necessarily work for the other (nor should it).