Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1630

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    So.....next stop 1987-1996 run roughly 90 issues I believe?! Damn that will take me a while, but it will also be worth reading considering current Marvel is not really my cup of tea (most of it).
    Actually, the next stop is (half of) Strange Tales v2, all 19 issues worth.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Got ya.
    Thanks DigiCom.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    When did EITHER of them? Though, it wasn't for Sorcerer Supreme, it was NYC magical protector. I mean, it boggles my mind that Wong would be passed over for this, or anyone you mentioned, for SPIDER-MAN and Black Cat. WTF?
    I had the same WTH reaction when I saw that Spider-Man was Strange’s designated magical backup man, but now it’ll be Scarlet Spider and Black Cat. It’s ridiculous. Seems solely designed to showcase these characters whether it makes any actual sense or not. I’ll be interested to see how the writer tries to justify this in the story.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I had the same WTH reaction when I saw that Spider-Man was Strange’s designated magical backup man, but now it’ll be Scarlet Spider and Black Cat. It’s ridiculous. Seems solely designed to showcase these characters whether it makes any actual sense or not. I’ll be interested to see how the writer tries to justify this in the story.
    Exactly. It's the same writer for the Death of Doctor Strange mini-series, which is partially why I'm nervous about that mini-series. He's VERY fond of Black Cat. It think he's done all her recent series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I remember really liking that run, but now I'm not so sure why. I was thinking they had Nowlan art, but he was on about 10 or 15 of the covers, not the interiors. It appears the interiors were by several artists, but the writer was consistently Peter Gillis. But I was also really fond of Cloak and Dagger, and they had Mantlo and Bret Blevins on the art.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Preview for the Ewing and Rodriguez Defenders #1 is up! A few new pages and the script for the pages I previously posted. It looks fabulous!

The rest are here:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/06/ma...defenders-1-2/

I remember really liking that run, but now I'm not so sure why. I was thinking they had Nowlan art, but he was on about 10 or 15 of the covers, not the interiors. It appears the interiors were by several artists, but the writer was consistently Peter Gillis. But I was also really fond of Cloak and Dagger, and they had Mantlo and Bret Blevins on the art.
    Well, it gets a bit wordy & metaphysical by the end. That could do it.

AIPT has an early review of the Defenders. The only "negative" is that appears to be that it is densely written, which is no complaint for me.

it can be a bit hard to follow as it dives into different histories and a ton of past continuity at a breakneck pace
    Sounds like the awesome layouts and colors we've gotten in the preview will continue. I can't wait for tomorrow!

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/10/defenders-1-review/

So, I just saw the news that Hickman is leaving the X-Men, but will be moving on to his next Big Thing. He's already done the FF, the Avengers, the X-Men ... do you think he's going to be coming to the magical side of Marvel? Could that be why we haven't had a Doctor Strange book announced?

I'd be thrilled to see it, cause I do like Hickman, but it would be a different take on Doctor Strange, I'm sure.

The only other thing left is the Cosmic, but that's sort of already been done by DNA.

Ewing seems to have staken a claim on the more exotic cosmic/mystical stuff, but Hickman may have enough pull to supplant him.

So, I just saw the news that Hickman is leaving the X-Men, but will be moving on to his next Big Thing. He's already done the FF, the Avengers, the X-Men ... do you think he's going to be coming to the magical side of Marvel? Could that be why we haven't had a Doctor Strange book announced?

I'd be thrilled to see it, cause I do like Hickman, but it would be a different take on Doctor Strange, I'm sure.

The only other thing left is the Cosmic, but that's sort of already been done by DNA.
    His next big thing looks to be back to creator-owned work via Substack not another Marvel (or DC) book.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    His next big thing looks to be back to creator-owned work via Substack not another Marvel (or DC) book.

-M
    According to his interview with EW, he's going to stay on at Marvel, but on something else.

"Marvel doesn't really pay me to just write ongoing monthly books, there's an expectation for me to write bigger books that have a wider reach than that," Hickman tells EW. "In an effort to facilitate both things, we've all spent the last six months or so reorienting the line, me creating Inferno to assist with that, and then bringing in some new writers to add to the existing team, and then plan for the next several years of X-books. So after Inferno, I'll be leaving to go work on my 'Next Big Marvel Thing™' and starting in January the X-Line will rocket forward starting with a weekly series that leads into the very cool, refocused, line of books. Yes, it's taken us a little while to get everything assembled correctly, but the end result — everything that's coming after Inferno — is going to be pretty great."
    https://ew.com/books/inferno-jonatha...t-x-men-comic/

BANNED

According to his interview with EW, he's going to stay on at Marvel, but on something else.

Yeah I saw that, It has to be a solo book surely if he's done all the big teams already now.

I mentioned in the Daredevil thread it would be interesting but someone mentioned he likes Dr Strange so that is most likely next year relaunch with the movie then.

If he does come to Strange then I hope he brings someone big to the art as well, Asrar, Mcguinness and RB Silva would all be great names on the book.

He's also said in several interviews he no longer wants to work on monthly books or in the 20 page format, so if he is doing something else with Marvel, I doubt he will be on it longer than an initial 6 issue run to get it started and then hand it off to other writers (like he did with a lot of the X-Men ideas he had) or it will have to be something in another format or a special event that he can tell his story in a set time and not be bound to the 20 page limit monthly grind for a long period of time.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Incredible Member

My two cents? I would prefer Ewing's Strange over Hickman's version. Though we're likely to get the latter than the former.