Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1630

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think stans of any fandom are like that. They are young and just don't know where the line of decency is. There are a lot of Wanda fans that are very respectful and want Strange to have his time to shine.

Daredevil stans on Twitter have wanted him to take over Echo and even rumored it as a Daredevil show. Daredevil stans have also posted under every post on social media asking for their show back. They are among the least able to stay in their own lane.

I don't hear much from Hulk stans (are there Hulk stans?).

There are Spider-man fans that are also respectful. The stans are the problem.

I think they are doing the long game for developing magic. You can tell they are building up something by slowly introducing members of the Midnight Sons into the MCU.
    Best thing to do is ignore all the stans including the continuity obsessed stans who love to pick apart continuity. My attitude is to wait for the book or movie to debut and see if I like the final results. Maybe I'll like it. Maybe I won't. Doesn't really matter one way or the other. Marvel's gonna do whatever it wants, regardless of what any fan wants.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    These young'uns or "stans" (that's a new one to these ancient eyes) have no patience. We Doom fans are still waiting ....and I don't count the 3 awful Fox studios versions. those were just DINOs
    I thought "stans" were needed to be added to the ends of names of countries in South and Central Asia. Not to describe psycho fans. Maybe I'm getting old too. I think I saw first Fantastic Four movie, but missed the second one completely. I caught "bits" of the 2015 movie, but I didn't have the stamina to stay with it. All I remember was that the 2015 version was DARK (as in poorly lit) and BORING. I feel so bad for long-suffering Doom fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Best thing to do is ignore all the stans including the continuity obsessed stans who love to pick apart continuity. My attitude is to wait for the book or movie to debut and see if I like the final results. Maybe I'll like it. Maybe I won't. Doesn't really matter one way or the other. Marvel's gonna do whatever it wants, regardless of what any fan wants.
    I don't listen to them, but I do shake my head and laugh.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought "stans" were needed to be added to the ends of names of countries in South and Central Asia. Not to describe psycho fans. Maybe I'm getting old too. I think I saw first Fantastic Four movie, but missed the second one completely. I caught "bits" of the 2015 movie, but I didn't have the stamina to stay with it. All I remember was that the 2015 version was DARK (as in poorly lit) and BORING. I feel so bad for long-suffering Doom fans.
    Different type of stan. The term for overly eager and obsessed fans comes from the Eminem song called Stan. Which was about a fan that took things quite a bit too far.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Different type of stan. The term for overly eager and obsessed fans comes from the Eminem song called Stan. Which was about a fan that took things quite a bit too far.
    No wonder. Anything by Eminem isn't something I would download

I really am getting old. I don't remember that Eminem song at all. Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware that Daredevil fans are passionate about their Netflix show, but they should be respectful of other fandoms (not sure how big a following Echo has though). It shouldn't come at the expense of anybody else. I do think DD could help with Echo's popularity (should Disney decide to bring him into the MCU). I barely know anything about her!

I mean Strange's movie might be crowded, but he IS sort of crowding into Parker's film as well. Stephen might show up in a LOT of projects in the future after such a long hiatus. He's basically the new Tony Stark right now in the MCU imo. I think Feige and company are pretty happy to make him as quippy as Rhodey and Rocket Raccoon (which is fine by me). Long-time Strange fans don't seem to like that though. I'm just hoping the timey-wimey exposition doesn't drag the pacing in the MoM. I think this film has NO CHOICE but to go over multiverse rules all over again. And I'm prepared to be bored by it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The previous page of this thread really confused me. It took me way too long to realize that you were all talking about Benjamin Franklin and not Franklin Richards. I was like 'when did little Franklin become a playa?". LOL Although to be fair, I was skimming through the thread.
    Good old Benjamin knew how to get down and that's why he's Stephen least favorite Founding Father by FAR.

Spectacular Member

You got to be ****ing me.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...octor-strange/

How many times does Marvel have to take the title of sorcerer supreme away from Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

How many times does Marvel have to take the title of sorcerer supreme away from Strange?

*heavy sigh* Expect him to be dead for a few years, at least until the rights issues are cleared up.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-17-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

And this new characters gets the sales boost(however big or small) from NWH and maybe even MoM depending on how long this goes...

I'm so tired of legacy characters replacement arcs

As for young strange, how much time from his life did Strange cut? A week? and I'm assuming he dies after that
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-17-2021 at 03:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

They announced that there would be a new sorcerer supreme in September. It's been in the solicitation for Death of Dr. Strange #4. The only thing new about the latest press release is that whoever it is will be getting an ongoing.

For the moment, I'm assuming the 'new' Sorcerer Supreme is still going to be Stephen Strange.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

I think stans of any fandom are like that.

The stans are the problem.
    Absolutely agreed

I've seen massive fans who are respectful, I think once you start bringing other characters down to prop your's up you are a stan(then you do the same and it's a toxic cycle normal fans get sucked into).

I've been seeing a lot of Spider-man(Miles) stans on twitter, who keep dragging down Peter(and Ben and Miguel) to make him look better

https://twitter.com/sansjuniperos/st...85209637494786

https://twitter.com/metrorazorola/st...01203168759811

Strange fans are nice people, even the stans aren't as bad.Haven't met any Hulk stans yet
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-17-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I really am getting old. I don't remember that Eminem song at all. Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware that Daredevil fans are passionate about their Netflix show, but they should be respectful of other fandoms (not sure how big a following Echo has though). It shouldn't come at the expense of anybody else. I do think DD could help with Echo's popularity (should Disney decide to bring him into the MCU). I barely know anything about her!

I mean Strange's movie might be crowded, but he IS sort of crowding into Parker's film as well. Stephen might show up in a LOT of projects in the future after such a long hiatus. He's basically the new Tony Stark right now in the MCU imo. I think Feige and company are pretty happy to make him as quippy as Rhodey and Rocket Raccoon (which is fine by me). Long-time Strange fans don't seem to like that though. I'm just hoping the timey-wimey exposition doesn't drag the pacing in the MoM. I think this film has NO CHOICE but to go over multiverse rules all over again. And I'm prepared to be bored by it.
    Stephen I can expect in Spidey stuff because they did a lot of stuff together in Marvel Fanfare. Stephen and Spidey do have some history. That also played out in cartoons.

Other stuff that people are throwing around is way out there.

I thought that cover looked familiar: