Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1630

I'm so very tired of Strange losing his powers, losing his title and other people being proclaimed the Sorcerer Supreme, but if it had to be done I am glad Clea gets some time in the spotlight.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Slightly off topic here, but in WandaVision it was established that when a witch used runes, it was sort of a spell to inhibit another witch's power. Runes in the MCU form a basic protection spell, within which "only the witch that cast the runes can use her magic." I thought that was a really creative magical "rule" introduced by Schaeffer's writing team...Or was it? Is this something that happened in the comics? And why do you think Strange also knows how to use runes in the MCU? He's not descended from a line of warlocks!:

By the way, I think runes look really cool on screen. I actually believe that Marvel Studios is doing a better job of explaining magical "rules" as opposed to time travel/multiversal ones. I totally thought it would be the other way around.
    Dude. These shows and movies aren't about rules. You don't have to know the rules of physics or quantum mechanics or biology to watch Apollo 13. You don't have to know the rules of boxing to watch Raging Bull.

Strange knows how to use runes, because he studies and practices magic. Runes aren't the sole domain of witches or warlocks, nor are they passed down in families, restricted to certain DNA. I mean, that wasn't even in the show, IIRC. And like what exactly IS a witch or warlock?? Aren't they all just magic users? Runes are at the basic level, writing. So, it's a written spell.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Their family, mostly. And the various responsibilities they have had because of it.

I trust the writer, but it seems odd that this particular character would feel beholden to protect the Earth dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Their family and various responsibilities aren't really that much baggage though. Not anymore than any other character in the MCU. Voodoo had baggage from family. Any of their possible candidates had more.
    There's family baggage, and then there's Evil Other Dimensional Overlords family baggage. ;p

I'm wondering if part of the Death of Dr. Strange mini-series is going to end up destroying the Dark Dimension. I mean, we've already got Umar fleeing DD and coming to Earth. Dagon, one of the fleeing other dimensional lords already bit the dust, IIRC. Didn't something happen to Dormammu in GoTG recently?

I'd hate to see that happen to Umar and Dormammu, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where McKay is heading.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    There's family baggage, and then there's Evil Other Dimensional Overlords family baggage. ;p

I'm wondering if part of the Death of Dr. Strange mini-series is going to end up destroying the Dark Dimension. I mean, we've already got Umar fleeing DD and coming to Earth. Dagon, one of the fleeing other dimensional lords already bit the dust, IIRC. Didn't something happen to Dormammu in GoTG recently?

I'd hate to see that happen to Umar and Dormammu, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's where McKay is heading.
    While spoilers:
    Umar and Dormammu
    end of spoilers are a lot to deal with I don't consider them too much baggage to be SS. I don't think there is even a requirement like that for the title.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I would not mind at all if part of the DoDS mini-series includes the destruction of the Dark Dimension. Well, I take it back. I'd feel bad for all of the normal, nice [fictional] citizens of the Dark Dimension. But still...we've seen two dimensions destroyed already so I suppose they could torch the Dark Dimension, too. That would certainly free up Clea and give her an excuse to become a permanent resident of the Earth Dimension. That would be great for her. It would also be interesting to see what Umar and Dormammu do if the Dark Dimension ended up being destroyed. I know that something happened to Dormammu in the recent Annihilation event, but I'm fuzzy on the details because I didn't read that story.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

While spoilers:
    Umar and Dormammu
    end of spoilers are a lot to deal with I don't consider them too much baggage to be SS. I don't think there is even a requirement like that for the title.
    Well, being Earth's SS would mean double duty for Clea though, unless Vishanti somehow powered up Clea to a point that she will straight up mop the floor with her dear mom and uncle so Dark Dimension is secured for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, being Earth's SS would mean double duty for Clea though, unless Vishanti somehow powered up Clea to a point that she will straight up mop the floor with her dear mom and uncle so Dark Dimension is secured for a long time.
    We'll see how they handle all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Clea single-handedly defeated Umar in the past. I'm sure she could again. I think she'd struggle to defeat Dormammu though, so I'm interested to see what happens. If Dormammu has been significantly harmed in some way by that recent event story, he might be weak enough for her to defeat or he might simply retreat somewhere to hide out until his power is restored. Dunno.

However this all turns out, I hope it ends up with Clea being permanently separately from the Dark Dimension somehow so that she can become a resident of the Earth Dimension and thus be freed up for use in other Marvel books going forward.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Kevin Feige: Hey comic guys, Benedict Cumberbatch is nearing the end of his deal and it's going to cost too much to keep him.

Marvel Comics: Way ahead of you fam, check it out....strange_1_cover.jpg

Kevin Feige: Awwww Yeahhhh. Dats what I'm talkin' bout! Get 'em hitched on screen and then do the passing of the baton in a Disney+ show.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 12-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Kevin Feige: Hey comic guys, Benedict Cumberbatch is nearing the end of his deal and it's going to cost too much to keep him.

Kevin Feige: Awwww Yeahhhh. Dats what I'm talkin' bout! Get 'em hitched on screen and then do the passing of the baton in a Disney+ show.
    Didn't Cumberbatch say he'll keep coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I just want to see Clea in a Dr. Strange movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just want to see Clea in a Dr. Strange movie.
    I feel like the first movie should've introduced her.

She absolutely should have been. And I feel like she would have been if they concentrated more on things closer to Stephen. I feel like I'm gonna heavily resent the multiverse stuff. Because it'll make things messy and unfocused.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I feel like the first movie should've introduced her.
    She absolutely should have been. And I feel like she would have been if they concentrated more on things closer to Stephen. I feel like I'm gonna heavily resent the multiverse stuff. Because it'll make things messy and unfocused.
    I mean, I think it would've been fine if they clearly introduced her in the next movie but it might be too busy with Multiverse stuff and other characters to properly focus on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I think it would've been fine if they clearly introduced her in the next movie but it might be too busy with Multiverse stuff and other characters to properly focus on her.
    My should have been is based on if they had focused on Stephen instead of any future for Young Avengers or anything else the movie is saddled with.