Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1630
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I feel like the first movie should've introduced her.
    Same here. At least the second. Stephen Strange was always more interesting with Clea around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She absolutely should have been. And I feel like she would have been if they concentrated more on things closer to Stephen. I feel like I'm gonna heavily resent the multiverse stuff. Because it'll make things messy and unfocused.
    It's not really the multiverse's fault, though, because that should've happened in the first movie

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Same here. At least the second. Stephen Strange was always more interesting with Clea around.
    I like Strange but I do think the MCU version became more popular after interacting with other superheroes. Although I feel that's true of pretty much all MCU superheroes. So I think Clea being in DS1 would've helped both of them.

It's not really the multiverse's fault, though, because that should've happened in the first movie

I like Strange but I do think the MCU version became more popular after interacting with other superheroes. Although I feel that's true of pretty much all MCU superheroes. So I think Clea being in DS1 would've helped both of them.
    For the Clea part, yeah she should have appeared earlier for sure. But also the multiverse is at fault. For all the mess it'll create. Because it did it in comics too. The multiverse, time travel... those things always end up a mess. Everything becomes very unorganized and everywhere.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I feel like it's fine to introduce the main love interest in the 2nd movie if you're going to put focus on developing that relationship while the 1st was more on establishing/origin story. Clea was just mentioned in the animated DTV movie as well.

Ultimate Member

For the Clea part, yeah she should have appeared earlier for sure. But also the multiverse is at fault. For all the mess it'll create. Because it did it in comics too. The multiverse, time travel... those things always end up a mess. Everything becomes very unorganized and everywhere.
    Not necessarily. I wouldn't panic just yet. I like multiverse type stories when they're done right. It beats the more generic plots of the first 2 phases

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's fine to introduce the main love interest in the 2nd movie if you're going to put focus on developing that relationship while the 1st was more on establishing/origin story. Clea was just mentioned in the animated DTV movie as well.
    She didn't have to be a love interest in the first movie. It's not like these romances ever lead to anything anyway.

Not necessarily. I wouldn't panic just yet. I like multiverse type stories when they're done right. It beats the more generic plots of the first 2 phases

She didn't have to be a love interest in the first movie. It's not like these romances ever lead to anything anyway.
    There are very few done right. There isn't anything about the multiverse that isn't generic.... either? Like it's not groundbreaking. It's literally the same things that have happened in comics before. And they eventually had to get rid of other universes because it became too much of a mess. They very easily can become non-structured and a mess.

Ultimate Member

There are very few done right. There isn't anything about the multiverse that isn't generic.... either? Like it's not groundbreaking. It's literally the same things that have happened in comics before. And they eventually had to get rid of other universes because it became too much of a mess. They very easily can become non-structured and a mess.
    I get that but had it happened in the MCU? Not yet. It has potential to be more interesting than just another hero vs villain plot like MoM could've been

I'd normally think it would be okay to introduce Clea/the love interest in the 2nd movie, too, but not MoM, unfortunately. It doesn't sound like a Doctor Strange movie. It sounds like just another Marvel event flick that features Stephen Strange, but is not about Stephen Strange, and it's already crowded with other characters. Why toss Clea into that mix when it doesn't sound as if there would be any time to do anything with her?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I get that but had it happened in the MCU? Not yet. It has potential to be more interesting than just another hero vs villain plot like MoM could've been
    I'd really like for it to be, but it also has so much chance to go wild. Especially if it feeds too much into fan service.

Well, they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I'd normally think it would be okay to introduce Clea/the love interest in the 2nd movie, too, but not MoM, unfortunately. It doesn't sound like a Doctor Strange movie. It sounds like just another Marvel event flick that features Stephen Strange, but is not about Stephen Strange, and it's already crowded with other characters. Why toss Clea into that mix when it doesn't sound as if there would be any time to do anything with her?
    I agree there's a lot going on and Clea might be lost in the mix, although from accounts of what's in the movie it seems like Stephen might still have a character arc.

Well, they should.

I agree there's a lot going on and Clea might be lost in the mix, although from accounts of what's in the movie it seems like Stephen might still have a character arc.
    I hope Strange has some sort of a character arc in this film, but I'm not sure. I heard a recent podcast interview with Cumberbatch the other day (mainly about Power of the Dog which is why I tuned in) in which he said the scale of the film was 'a problem' and he wondered if he actually had a character arc in the story and if it worked. It seemed like a spontaneous ad hoc comment, not a clickbait tease for the fans. He added that the the film is very busy and he has great stuff to do. I note that 'stuff to do' does not equal character arc, it just means he's got a bunch of scenes. Who knows. It sounds like a typical Marvel event film in which flashy action sequences and quippy comments substitute for character development. I'll have to see how the final film turns out before making any judgments, but I'm not too hopeful that we'll see a meaningful character arc. Probably best not to throw Clea's intro into this already 'busy' story.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

So far the new trailer at least seems focused on him.

So far the new trailer at least seems focused on him.
    As it should be, since it's 'Doctor Strange and the MoM.' I hope the final released film is good. There is no way to know until the movie is released. So far as Clea is concerned, I don't know that this provides the best opportunity to introduce her in the MCU. We'll see.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Ultimate Member

Strange is pretty much the focus in the trailer so he's probably the focus in the movie

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Hasbro has released images of their Doctor Strange Multiverse movie wave of action figures.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear...hasbro-legends

And Rintrah!

The Target variant is Defenders Strange! But with Benedict's face and a different costume! I wonder if that means Defenders Strange will appear in the movie?

There's also a Sleepwalker and D'spayre.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?