Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1630

For me, the more interesting part is that

spoilers:
    It's confirmed on-panel that Clea is the Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension, and considered on par with Aggamon et al.
    end of spoilers

It makes future events more... interesting.

Default Death of Doctor Strange #4 spoilers

double post
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    For me, the more interesting part is that

spoilers:
    It's confirmed on-panel that Clea is the Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension, and considered on par with Aggamon et al.
    end of spoilers

It makes future events more... interesting.
    spoilers:
    Yes, I agree. I think that was an important point to make in this issue though. Not only does it establish her current status for readers who may not be that familiar with her, it reinforces what we know is coming next for her, thanks to Marvel marketing spoiling the outcome of this mini-series. I still wonder about that new series, though. I don't think we've ever seen someone serve as Sorcerer Supreme of two dimensions at the same time. I'm curious to see how this will work out. I'm also extremely curious about what's been going on in the Dark Dimension overall. I have no idea what Dormammu's current status is.
    end of spoilers
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ugh. The reveal was so anticlimactic, but the lead up to it was fun. I really love MacKay’s Bats.
    I love the way that MacKay writes Bats. I am hoping that Bats continues to stick around in the follow up to this mini-series.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm also extremely curious about what's been going on in the Dark Dimension overall. I have no idea what Dormammu's current status is.
    end of spoilers
    Without going into spoilers, there's a bit of a hint to the future in this week's Timeless #1.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Yeah, now that I look at it from the perspective of Marvel marketing, it absolutely makes sense that Kaecilius is the killer. Of course they'd pick a villain who has a history with Strange in the comics, but who is also very familiar to the MCU fans. I think alanyoung909 nailed it. Of course now if I view this series as a sort of stealth marketing/tie-in for the MCU, I wonder if Clea's appearance here means that she'll also be in the next film, as many have speculated. I will now assume that the answer is yes, she will be among the bazillions of characters set to appear in the next movie.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah should have seen that coming

Also I agree that she will likely show up in the MCU in MOM

spoilers:
    Yes, I agree. I think that was an important point to make in this issue though. Not only does it establish her current status for readers who may not be that familiar with her, it reinforces what we know is coming next for her, thanks to Marvel marketing spoiling the outcome of this mini-series. I still wonder about that new series, though. I don't think we've ever seen someone serve as Sorcerer Supreme of two dimensions at the same time. I'm curious to see how this will work out. I'm also extremely curious about what's been going on in the Dark Dimension overall. I have no idea what Dormammu's current status is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm starting to lean into the idea that Clea is going to turn out to be Rachel McAdams somehow.
    end of spoilers

I never believe rumors, so I end up being happier in the long run.
    Long time no see! Good to hear from you DigiCom. I have tried to avoid rumors by not going to ANY Marvel Reddit subs in the past year. But I still can't avoid leaks and spoilers no matter how I try. I personally don't believe in a lot of the speculation myself. A lot of what's been leaked seems ridiculous to me. I just don't want Marvel Studios to get the wrong idea. Using nostalgia to put butts in theater seats can be REALLY financially lucrative, but that shtick gets old FAST. I wouldn't be surprised that various Fox, Marvel Television and Sony characters show up in the MoM though. And like I mentioned to Clea earlier in this thread, if I saw that in a cinema I would ABSOLUTELY roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm starting to lean into the idea that Clea is going to turn out to be Rachel McAdams somehow.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I used to HATE the idea of merging Clea and Palmer as characters, but I've grudgingly accepted that it might be the best solution here. There's just TOO many characters in the MCU at this point to keep track of (at least to me). So instead of wasting McAdams as an actress in a thankless role in Strange 1, I'm okay with making Christine and Clea the same character. Plus, Rachel can do comedy just as well as drama so I would like to see her stick around in the MCU. I wouldn't mind seeing a "funny" Clea. They're WAY too many female characters in the MCU that are total WET BLANKETS!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    spoilers:
    I used to HATE the idea of merging Clea and Palmer as characters, but I've grudgingly accepted that it might be the best solution here. There's just TOO many characters in the MCU at this point to keep track of (at least to me). So instead of wasting McAdams as an actress in a thankless role in Strange 1, I'm okay with making Christine and Clea the same character. Plus, Rachel can do comedy just as well as drama so I would like to see her stick around in the MCU. I wouldn't mind seeing a "funny" Clea. They're WAY too many female characters in the MCU that are total WET BLANKETS!
    end of spoilers
    I'm not leaning into that at all. Characters are not interchangeable at all. And Marvel merging two female characters is really tone deaf. Female characters are far outweighed by male characters in numbers of characters at all. And these two characters are nothing a like. It comes off as lazy as well. So I hope they don't do that. But since it's a terrible idea, it'll probably happen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Long time no see! Good to hear from you DigiCom. I have tried to avoid rumors by not going to ANY Marvel Reddit subs in the past year. But I still can't avoid leaks and spoilers no matter how I try. I personally don't believe in a lot of the speculation myself. A lot of what's been leaked seems ridiculous to me. I just don't want Marvel Studios to get the wrong idea. Using nostalgia to put butts in theater seats can be REALLY financially lucrative, but that shtick gets old FAST. I wouldn't be surprised that various Fox, Marvel Television and Sony characters show up in the MoM though. And like I mentioned to Clea earlier in this thread, if I saw that in a cinema I would ABSOLUTELY roll my eyes.
    Oh, I'm always around... it's just with Stephen being back-burnered in so many ways, I've been focusing on other fandoms.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not leaning into that at all. Characters are not interchangeable at all. And Marvel merging two female characters is really tone deaf. Female characters are far outweighed by male characters in numbers of characters at all. And these two characters are nothing a like. It comes off as lazy as well. So I hope they don't do that. But since it's a terrible idea, it'll probably happen.
    From the perspective of making the best use of a highly talented and well paid performer, it makes sense. From a character perspective, it's actually horrible, IMO. It assumes that the female characters are nothing more than interchangeable love interests for the male character. It also serves to make the male character in question come off looking seriously weird, honestly, like he has one type (clearly based solely on looks) and will just happily interchange characters with different histories and personalities so long as they share the same face. So gross on so many, many levels.

I'm sure that you're correct that since it's a terrible idea, they're going to do it. LOL.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Without going into spoilers, there's a bit of a hint to the future in this week's Timeless #1.
    Oh really? I will pop over to Comixology and pick up that issue. Thanks for the tip!
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Oh really? I will pop over to Comixology and pick up that issue. Thanks for the tip!
    I wouldn't buy the issue for just that.

Instead, I suggest going here

(Spoilers in link, obviously.)

Oh, I'm always around... it's just with Stephen being back-burnered in so many ways, I've been focusing on other fandoms.
    I thought Strange was on the front-burner? With him "dying" and all...This is the comic book nonsense I really loath. Why would he be staying in the background with his movie coming out next year? I personally think Disney should delay the MoM to July or September if the pandemic persists.