Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Never said it should we were talking about when Strange cast spells invoking the names of these dark lords or Dimensions like Cytorrak, Vishanti, Cinnibus and whatnot
    those are not hell lords , and they want to be invoked because the very action extends their power and influence, no need to steal
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    those are not hell lords , and they want to be invoked because the very action extends their power and influence, no need to steal
    Aw ok I didn’t know that, appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Aw ok I didn’t know that, appreciate the info.
    no problem fellow poster, this link http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/magapp.htm was posted earlier. it is very exhaustive
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Are those from Marvel Tarot?
    Anyway it feels right that more neutral entities would lend strength without having too much of a fuzz. Though I am genuinely curious if they can restrict a specific person from using their power should said mortal pisses them off. Cyttorak did take back Cain Marko's Juggernaut power once, don't know if it can apply to spells as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Are those from Marvel Tarot?
    Anyway it feels right that more neutral entities would lend strength without having too much of a fuzz. Though I am genuinely curious if they can restrict a specific person from using their power should said mortal pisses them off. Cyttorak did take back Cain Marko's Juggernaut power once, don't know if it can apply to spells as well.
    They can and they did during the war of the seven spheres, to be more precise Stephen had to invoke an emancipation law to cut himself off from their power https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/War_of_the_Seven_Spheres

that's Claremont's run:
    first picture Doctor Strange 45 v1
    second picture Doctor Strange 42 v1

also check this is out (this was mentioned by Clea):

strange tales 151

Yet again, Thanks!
    Hah, that's so awesome
    Can't wait to binge read Strange Tales.

Very true, writing about magic users and Doctor Strange in particular interacting with the rest of the marvel universe requires the presence of a skilled writer, I don’t see why this should be regarded as an issue, writers are supposed to be skilled and the money we spend on these comics is not cheap either, good stories dont get written with a “lets trow shit at the wall attitude...” and this is why for instance I don’t buy Avengers comics anymore at the moment.
    Well, we FINALLY agreed on something besides Wanda's costume. That's two out of a thousand!

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I love Strange and the other Marvel magic users so I'm delighted to see him/them become more popular with new fans. I want fans to love the magic users because that means Marvel will have a vested interest in writing new stories for these characters. But, I don't want Marvel to turn Strange into magical Tony Stark just to appeal to fans. At a fundamental level, Strange needs to be the exact opposite if Marvel wants to maintain any real continuity with what it means to be Sorcerer Supreme vs. other magic users. As Sorcerer Supreme, his main core strength is his mental discipline and clarity, so he's not going to go out carousing and drinking. He'd be more likely to turn a beer into tea, not turn tea into beer because he needs to stay alert and keep his mind clear at all times. Having him revert to his pre-magic playboy lifestyle also undercuts what it means to be the Sorcerer Supreme vs. other magic users. He sacrificed all of that to become earth's defender against forces that are constantly probing for the slightest crack in earth's defense. The self-sacrificing aspect of being Sorcerer Supreme is something that Strange wrestled with constantly. Even when he allowed himself to have a steady love partner in his life, he even kept them at arm's length emotionally because he viewed even that to be a potential vulnerability. That's one reason why I think Clea is better off without him. He was brilliant and sarcastic in his pre-Sorcerer Supreme days and he remains brilliant and sarcastic now, but he's also tempered himself and thinking about much more than just how to land a quippy zinger on somebody.

Marvel has many skilled writers who could portray Strange well now in a way that would be consistent with his back cannon and established personality and still mix him in with the Avengers and other non-magical characters. I just don't know if Marvel wants to do this, or if they're happier turning him into magical Tony Stark. Time will tell.
    Yeah, when I read about Strange and watched him on television way back in the prehistoric era, he was a very disciplined and dedicated student as well as master of the mystic arts. It consumed him and though it cost him a lot physically and emotionally, you could tell he derived a great deal of satisfaction from his work. And it made him into a more honorable and noble person too. I LIKE that version. But I do think he was a bit too serious for my tastes. Quippy Strange appeals to me because I could feel I could actually talk to him if he existed in real life. I would probably be more intimidated by him if he maintained his previous persona. I do think Strange is now a magical version of Stark. And that definitely is GAINING him a LOT of popularity. That's a plus in my opinion. But I get why older Strange fans would say it's for the WRONG reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, we FINALLY agreed on something besides Wanda's costume. That's two out of a thousand!
    we are both here talking about magic and a fictional character, I'm sure we have more in common than we actually suspect.

we are both here talking about magic and a fictional character, I'm sure we have more in common than we actually suspect.
    I reckon you're probably right about that!

Yeah, when I read about Strange and watched him on television way back in the prehistoric era, he was a very disciplined and dedicated student as well as master of the mystic arts. It consumed him and though it cost him a lot physically and emotionally, you could tell he derived a great deal of satisfaction from his work. And it made him into a more honorable and noble person too. I LIKE that version. But I do think he was a bit too serious for my tastes. Quippy Strange appeals to me because I could feel I could actually talk to him if he existed in real life. I would probably be more intimidated by him if he maintained his previous persona. I do think Strange is now a magical version of Stark. And that definitely is GAINING him a LOT of popularity. That's a plus in my opinion. But I get why older Strange fans would say it's for the WRONG reasons.
    Since you like your sorcerers to be quippy, perhaps you may also enjoy Clea's sly sense of humor.

Live Faust, Die Jung.

I love Clea. I hope she's in the new movie. That would make me so happy!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I love Clea. I hope she's in the new movie. That would make me so happy!
    Yes, me too!

I love Clea's classic hair and costume. They could do a few minor tweeks, but I want to recognize her instantly and I want her to have good scenes showing her power.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Since you like your sorcerers to be quippy, perhaps you may also enjoy Clea's sly sense of humor.

It's nice to know Clea didn't take herself too seriously way back in the day either. If Clea shows up in the MCU, I REALLY hope she's just as quippy as Strange is! And I don't just like my sorcerers and witches to be quippy. I like my raccoons, scientifically-enhanced humans, androids and gods to be quippy too.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-25-2021 at 02:31 PM.

It's nice to know Clea didn't take herself too seriously way back in the day either. If Clea shows up in the MCU, I REALLY hope she's just as quippy as Strange is!
    Yes, Clea has a fun and funny streak that comes out from time to time.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!