Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If they want to make magic more realistic, they could also make the effects of a spell take longer to manifest. Like from a few hours, a day or a week. Or longer.
    Then have everything occur in ways that could be explained as ‘coincidence’, to keep the illusion that it may or may not have been magic.
    But that wouldn’t be appealing to superhero readers.
    THAT would be more realistic, but I think superhero fans wouldn't have the patience for any of that (I wouldn't mind it though). I'm partial to systematized magic because I want to know how it works, what are its limitations, where does it come from, etc. I find it easier for readers AND viewers to suspend their disbelief if the magic, quite simply, makes sense. But I also like the wonder, mystery and confusion of magic as well. I guess I'm a pretty big hypocrite on these matters. I like grounded, realistic stories and characters, but I also really enjoy weird and fantastical tales and people too.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-25-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, Clea has a fun and funny streak that comes out from time to time.
    That's great. I just remember her for having funny looking pants. That could be the source of many jokes though. I'm also looking forward to Clea's debut in the MCU. And being the chauvinist pig that I am, I hope she's really hot too!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    That's great. I just remember her for having funny looking pants. That could be the source of many jokes though. I'm also looking forward to Clea's debut in the MCU. And being the chauvinist pig that I am, I hope she's really hot too!
    Do not let Clea hear you or she might turn you into a rabbit!

In real life, a woman looking like Clea would look hot in those Faltine Pants.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Did anyone say pig?

Haha Clea costume is perfection
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    no problem fellow poster, this link http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/appendixes/magapp.htm was posted earlier. it is very exhaustive
    Appreciate it, it’s pretty lengthy lol but I’ll give it a look

I always loved these little doorway demons from 'What Is It That Disturbs You Stephen?"

Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I always loved these little doorway demons from 'What Is It That Disturbs You Stephen?"
    Haha I always found the marvel universe magic fauna a bit underdeveloped
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-26-2021 at 05:47 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

It could work if Clea is hot. I mean, I never thought in a MILLION years the MCU could even pull off an ACCEPTABLE Scarlet Witch costume, but they totally surprised me there. Hopefully, Clea gets a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Did anyone say pig?

Haha Clea costume is perfection
    I wanna see more of that kind of reality warping in the MCU. As I said before, I LOVE Wanda's new costume. There's no reason why Disney can't give Clea a great one too.

I remember Clea having at one very short solo adventure for the first time; like 5 pages. She takes down another magic user, fairly easy. This may be from that story?
    70s for sure.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I remember Clea having at one very short solo adventure for the first time; like 5 pages. She takes down another magic user, fairly easy. This may be from that story?
    70s for sure.
    this is when clea lost her memory, got arrested and terrorized new york, I'll post more later

Well, reading this thread has been fun. I think I have a better grip on the magic side of Marvel now. Prior to that I was only aware of the magic side of the MU only in broad strokes.

When rumors first swirled around Tilda Swinton in Dr Strange I thought she was going to play Clea.

ok I'm gonna post some Clea stuff because I love her and she's awesome not to mention the fact that she's always been an important element of doctor strange extended universe.

Never a good Idea to anger the once and future ruler of the Dark dimension

I want a warrior that cannot die as well