Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    This might be the first time, but his power levels will go up & down over the next 40+ years more often than the elevator at SDCC. He'll regain the mantle within the next year.

To answer your second question, Sorcerer Supreme is a title, "master of the mystic arts" is merely a descriptor. It's sort of like the difference between "UFC Heavyweight Champion" and "expert grappler".
    Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Yes, and there is only one Sorcerer Supreme for the dimension at any given time. That person is the designated mystical protector for the dimension. Anyone who studies sorcery long enough could become a Master of the Mystic Arts.
    And it inspired the 'title' of Scientist Supreme that I think Hank Pym was using. Which tends to validate the idea that Marvel treats science like magic in the MU.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And it inspired the 'title' of Scientist Supreme that I think Hank Pym was using. Which tends to validate the idea that Marvel treats science like magic in the MU.
    Apparently, that was (retconned into?) Loki trolling Hank.

Hi guys,
    I've been reading Dr. Strange (1974run) lately.
    annual 1 and issues 21-28

annual 1
    Hmm, Clea isn't certain anymore of Stephen's love to her. While it is understandable from Clea's POV, Stephen's counter argument makes sense.
    I also find it interesting where he said that good and evil should be balanced.
    Note the word "balanced", it actually makes sense considering that till this point he's met the likes of Dormammu, Living Tribunal, Eternity ooh also didn't he meet Order & Chaos as well?

I think this is the first time Stephen has messed up in such a huge way that he needs aid from the Ancient One. I mean Ancient One has helped him before yeah, but now it feels like Stephen has tried everything and his mentor is his final card.

I've never heard of the In-betweener, I wonder if this is just one-timer or will he appear more often?
    Anyways, so they've nerfed the Ancient One, I mean not necessarily nerf him but he isn't one with Eternity anymore. So he's in a younger body now, was this Marvel's way of de-aging him?

Lemme guess we'll never see the in-betweener again lol.
    Ooh well at least Stephen beat him.
    So Ancient One is OP again huh, it was just for arc that he came back in a "mortal" body.

The In-Betweener comes back.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

In-Betweener is also seen semi-regularly in some 80s Silver Surfer comics fyi.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Apparently, that was (retconned into?) Loki trolling Hank.
    Was it? That was Mighty Avengers, wasn't it?

It was also the title of the head of AIM, IIRC.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hi guys,

annual 1
    Hmm, Clea isn't certain anymore of Stephen's love to her. While it is understandable from Clea's POV, Stephen's counter argument makes sense.
    Note the word "balanced", it actually makes sense considering that till this point he's met the likes of Dormammu, Living Tribunal, Eternity ooh also didn't he meet Order & Chaos as well?

I think this is the first time Stephen has messed up in such a huge way that he needs aid from the Ancient One. I mean Ancient One has helped him before yeah, but now it feels like Stephen has tried everything and his mentor is his final card.

I've never heard of the In-betweener, I wonder if this is just one-timer or will he appear more often?
    Anyways, so they've nerfed the Ancient One, I mean not necessarily nerf him but he isn't one with Eternity anymore. So he's in a younger body now, was this Marvel's way of de-aging him?

So Ancient One is OP again huh, it was just for arc that he came back in a "mortal" body.

I so need to catch up on my Dr Strange reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Was it? That was Mighty Avengers, wasn't it?

It was also the title of the head of AIM, IIRC.
    As well as an Adam Strange pastiche named Christopher Ganyrog in Defenders.

The Pym retcon was also in Mighty Avengers (#34, to be specific):

Of course, Loki COULD have been lying. He does that. But given that it was the same book, same writer, and less than a year later, I think we're meant to take it as the truth.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Hi guys,

annual 1

The In-Betweener! You are in for a treat!

Interesting OLD article about how BOTH DC Comics and Marvel Comics started adopting the whole magic has a price thing in the mid 2010s:

http://aboutcomics.blogwyrm.com/?p=552

This lovely little girl does a great job of explaining magic systems:

Last edited by Albert1981; 06-02-2021 at 05:36 PM.

This other lovely little girl does a wonderful job of explaining magic systems too!:

When are we getting a new Doc book? Ram V is at Marvel now, best time to bring over his co-pilot, Xermanico, and give us a Strange book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    When are we getting a new Doc book? Ram V is at Marvel now, best time to bring over his co-pilot, Xermanico, and give us a Strange book.
    While I'd love to see V on a Dr. Strange book, his JLD, Catwoman, and Swamp Thing are too damn good for me to wanna see him leave DC. Hopefully he doesn't go exclusive and we can get the best of both worlds.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    While I'd love to see V on a Dr. Strange book, his JLD, Catwoman, and Swamp Thing are too damn good for me to wanna see him leave DC. Hopefully he doesn't go exclusive and we can get the best of both worlds.
    Same! He’s the best writer DC currently has!

I really don't know why the doctor doesn't have a title going right now. I was loving the Surgeon Supreme book that Waid was doing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!