Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

My guess is that Strange's "death" (whatever type of death it is and wherever on the time line they place it) will be confined to the one storyline. Like I mentioned earlier, this alleged "death" is hitting the shelves at pretty much the same time as Not-Dead Doc will be assembling a new team in "The Defenders."

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    For Hoggoth's sake... magic HAD rules. Decent ones, too. It's lazy editors and overrated writers who messed things up.
    Quoted for truth.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope the greatest sorcerer in the multiverse from the upcoming Darkhold event turns out to be Sise-Neg. That one n done back in the 70’s would be a great call back.
    Sise-Neg would be an interesting character to bring back, so long as they could avoid repeating the same storyline with him.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Don't know if this has been posted before, but it is so awesome it deserves to be posted again. From the Gif Master Kerry Callen.

http://kerrycallen.blogspot.com/2016...ange-gifs.html
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Lovel this!!!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

For anyone who missed it and is interested, there's a (poorly written) synopsis of Rintrah and his time as Doc's apprentice posted on the main page.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-r...ur-apprentice/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    For anyone who missed it and is interested, there's a (poorly written) synopsis of Rintrah and his time as Doc's apprentice posted on the main page.

I have a head canon that there are two Rintrahs...because the one that appeared during Peter Gillis' run was so different in tone and depiction than the Rintrah that Roy Thomas used. They have different personalities and radically different features (if I recall correctly, the Rintrah of Gillis' stories had humanoid feet while the one of Thomas' stories had hooves)(there are several other differences, too). In my head canon, the two Rintrahs are related (brothers or cousins), but the one from Gillis was more skilled in the magic arts than the other. Who, because of his love for adventure, decided to pass himself off as the first Rintrah to pal around with Doc---confident that Doc, being unfamiliar with the species, wouldn't notice they were not the same person.

As the Thomas-Rintrah seemed to have died a tragic death in Doc's service, I have always wanted to have a story with a visit from the Gillis-Rintrah to discuss the matter with Doc and perhaps set the matter straight.

[I hereby claim no copyright on this story idea and, Marvel, you are free to use it without recompense to me.]
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Saw the bit about Strange's 'death' incoming and just heaved the Mater Suspiriorum :P

I've had enough death already, in my fiction and in reality :P

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What if it’s Dr. Druid who’s the big mystical threat coming in the Defenders? He’s technically older than Strange.

CBR articles aren't what they used to be, except Cronin's articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    I have a head canon that there are two Rintrahs...because the one that appeared during Peter Gillis' run was so different in tone and depiction than the Rintrah that Roy Thomas used. They have different personalities and radically different features (if I recall correctly, the Rintrah of Gillis' stories had humanoid feet while the one of Thomas' stories had hooves)(there are several other differences, too). In my head canon, the two Rintrahs are related (brothers or cousins), but the one from Gillis was more skilled in the magic arts than the other. Who, because of his love for adventure, decided to pass himself off as the first Rintrah to pal around with Doc---confident that Doc, being unfamiliar with the species, wouldn't notice they were not the same person.

As the Thomas-Rintrah seemed to have died a tragic death in Doc's service, I have always wanted to have a story with a visit from the Gillis-Rintrah to discuss the matter with Doc and perhaps set the matter straight.

[I hereby claim no copyright on this story idea and, Marvel, you are free to use it without recompense to me.]
    What a cool idea!

I wouldn't mind Gillis writing a new Doctor Strange book. Or DeMatteis. With Liam Sharp on the art!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I wouldn't mind Gillis writing a new Doctor Strange book. Or DeMatteis. With Liam Sharp on the art!
    DeMatteis and Sharp would be a dream come true! Can't remember the last time I saw Gillis' name on a comic though...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

DeMatteis and Sharp would be a dream come true! Can't remember the last time I saw Gillis' name on a comic though...?
    Aah, I was confused. I meant Milligan. Peter Milligan. Looked him up, and Gillis had an adaptation of Beagle's unicorn book over ten years ago.

David Sexton, who did the Marvel Tarot, actually had an idea on how to bring Rintrah back:

I had wondered about the identity of the unidentified shape-changer who had taken over the role of Sorcerer Supreme after Merlin refused it circa 500 AD...I asked Marvel Tarot writer David Sexton who this was meant to be, and he revealed "My idea was that this would actually turn out to be Rintrah. Traveling back in time and using his mystical Weaving skills to weave disguises for himself. In my brain he is only in the past for awhile and then he returns to the present as strong as Strange."
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/s...uccession.html

I wouldn't mind Ram V writing Dr. Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What if it’s Dr. Druid who’s the big mystical threat coming in the Defenders? He’s technically older than Strange.
    He may play a role, but isn't the Ewing Defenders going to tie up the plots he introduced with Marvel 1000? The Phantom ... Rider, I think and the Eternity Mask? Hmmmm. I need to find that final page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Saw the bit about Strange's 'death' incoming and just heaved the Mater Suspiriorum :P

I've had enough death already, in my fiction and in reality :P
    I agree! Marvel needs to get their stuff together and give us a great ongoing before the movie.