Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1630

Yep,
    exactly.

issues 56-60

Kaecilius was in the first movie right? He was in this issue along with two other minions of Mordo!

Do we know more about this purple globe thingy?!

Wait Doom hasn't met Stephen in earlier comics, AFAIK not in Strange's own comic but Idk about Defenders....
    I thought they would meet in this issue, guess I was wrong. :P

Heck yesss Wanda is in this issue!
    Wow Wanda wishes she'd never possessed the Darkhold, understandable of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    issues 56-60

Kaecilius was in the first movie right? He was in this issue along with two other minions of Mordo!

Do we know more about this purple globe thingy?!

Wait Doom hasn't met Stephen in earlier comics, AFAIK not in Strange's own comic but Idk about Defenders....
    I thought they would meet in this issue, guess I was wrong. :P

Heck yesss Wanda is in this issue!
    Wow Wanda wishes she'd never possessed the Darkhold, understandable of course.
    I don't recall if the purple globe had a name. It was a link to the Purple Dimension and it banished Mordo's acolytes Adria, Kaecilius, and Demonicus there, supposedly never to be seen again. (Spoiler: they break out in Valkyrie: Jane Foster, #4.)
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I don't recall if the purple globe had a name. It was a link to the Purple Dimension and it banished Mordo's acolytes Adria, Kaecilius, and Demonicus there, supposedly never to be seen again. (Spoiler: they break out in Valkyrie: Jane Foster, #4.)
    Hmm interesting.
    Wow they were trapped for this long?!

issues 61-65

I like how Stephen can still read the Darkhold without touching it, heh.

Daaaaamn Doc killed Dracula!
    Although I am confused, Doc used and even touched the Darkhold in order to kill him? Yet nothing happened to Doc, eeh what?! I know I know, in this issue Doc does say it's a dangerous risk worth trying so yeah he's got lucky I guess.

Wow that's messed up the woman killed her step-mom and then the step-mom's ghost corrupts her dad. Her dad draws creatures that come to life. wow, interesting story.
    This issue reminds me a bit of of Morrison's run on Animal Man.

How cute is this?! Marvel is releasing a Doctor Strange 'My Mighty Marvel First Book' in January 2022. It will be 24 pages, featuring all color illustrations. It'll cost $10.99. I think it's meant for pre-schoolers and little kids, but I'll be getting one for myself.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...nkId=126391039
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    How cute is this?! Marvel is releasing a Doctor Strange 'My Mighty Marvel First Book' in January 2022. It will be 24 pages, featuring all color illustrations. It'll cost $10.99. I think it's meant for pre-schoolers and little kids, but I'll be getting one for myself.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...nkId=126391039
    I'm so glad they are using classic images / art style.

I'm guessing these are board books, the ones with the heavier 'cardboard pages.' I'll check one of the older ones from my library and report back.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    issues 61-65

I like how Stephen can still read the Darkhold without touching it, heh.

Daaaaamn Doc killed Dracula!
    Although I am confused, Doc used and even touched the Darkhold in order to kill him? Yet nothing happened to Doc, eeh what?! I know I know, in this issue Doc does say it's a dangerous risk worth trying so yeah he's got lucky I guess.

Wow that's messed up the woman killed her step-mom and then the step-mom's ghost corrupts her dad. Her dad draws creatures that come to life. wow, interesting story.
    This issue reminds me a bit of of Morrison's run on Animal Man.

I need to get back to reading Doctor Strange.

Hmmmm. Was this the Dracula story with the Montessi formula?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Uhnnn. Wut???

Doctor Strange will be dying this fall, though as we've recently learned, he's been preparing for this possibility - including making one last request of Spider-Man. As part of the Sorcerer Supreme's last will and testament, he has asked Marvel's premiere wall-crawler to become New York City's resident magical protector… but there's one small problem.

Peter Parker will be incapacitated this fall (although presumably, it will be short-term), with Ben Reilly once again assuming the role of Spider-Man.

"Doctor Strange is dead. However, his obligations live on. All across New York City, there exist magical threats that Doctor Strange attended to, and with him gone, that duty now falls to Spider-Man," MacKay tells Newsarama. "But the Spider-Man that is currently available is not the Spider-Man that Strange had been counting on, and now Ben Reilly races against time to keep New York's weirdness under control and prove that he's worthy of the title."

Reilly will have a little help as NYC's new magical protector, but it ain't Wong - it's Black Cat, one of the first people that learned Reilly had assumed the Spider-Man role back in the '90s 'Clone Saga.' And true to Felicia's nature, she's not really here to help; as MacKay tells us, she "wants to be there to see it when he crashes and burns."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/doctor-st...ember-special/

When did Spider-Man become a magic user?

Oh, of course, Black Cat will 'help out.' I like some stuff by Jed McCay, but this sounds like he's never read a Doctor Strange comic.

^Stephen wanted Peter, but he gets lumbered with Ben. So really, the question is when did SCARLET SPIDER become a magic user?

And it's a valid question too, what qualifies him to be sorcerer supreme over Magik, Wiccan, Doctor Voodoo, etc? I'd have mentioned Scarlet Witch too, but she's also dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^Stephen wanted Peter, but he gets lumbered with Ben. So really, the question is when did SCARLET SPIDER become a magic user?

And it's a valid question too, what qualifies him to be sorcerer supreme over Magik, Wiccan, Doctor Voodoo, etc? I'd have mentioned Scarlet Witch too, but she's also dead.

When did EITHER of them? Though, it wasn't for Sorcerer Supreme, it was NYC magical protector. I mean, it boggles my mind that Wong would be passed over for this, or anyone you mentioned, for SPIDER-MAN and Black Cat. WTF?

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

White Fox will also have a one-shot tie-in to the Death of Doctor Strange in November:

https://www.cbr.com/death-of-doctor-...te-fox-murder/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I need to get back to reading Doctor Strange.

Hmmmm. Was this the Dracula story with the Montessi formula?
    Yeah, please do. Especially the arcs with Clea!
    Correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Uhnnn. Wut???

https://www.gamesradar.com/doctor-st...ember-special/

When did Spider-Man become a magic user?

Oh, of course, Black Cat will 'help out.' I like some stuff by Jed McCay, but this sounds like he's never read a Doctor Strange comic.
    Aah, yes current Marvel keeps nerfing Strange, not surprised smh....

issues 66-81
    That's right I've finished the '74 run.

I don't know anything about Black Knight and his lore, yet I do think this was a great issue! Epic battle between Doc and BK.

I like the multiply spell where we see multiple Stephens. lol.

The fact that the citizens of the Dark Dimension think the situation under Umar has just slightly improved compared to Dormammu's reign should tell you enough about Umar...

Clea, the true ruler of the Dark Dimension.

Stephen fighting shirtless...okay then. :d

Wong has to marry someone who hasn't even been born yet umm what the actual?! Sara is right, that's just crazy!

Luriale has only ONE appearance and it's this issue?! They should bring back this villain!

Doc literally saved his own life, albeit merging with the bodies of doctors using his astral form. Honestly this should have been the final issue IMHO.

So.....next stop 1987-1996 run roughly 90 issues I believe?! Damn that will take me a while, but it will also be worth reading considering current Marvel is not really my cup of tea (most of it).
    Last edited by Eto; 08-05-2021 at 03:35 PM.