Page 74 of 109 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1630

Good news, Strange Academy is in the November solicits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've read STRANGE TALES (1987 run) issues 1-10:

Both Topaz and Clea are right! Stephen needs to realise that loving Clea isn't a distraction at all smh.

Why is Stephen sad he's killed him? First he calls him a demon and now he calls him a human?!

Thus far, I'm not a fan of Gillis' interpretation of Stephen. The way he acts and behaves around his friends, trying to distance himself, burst moments, moody all the time etc...

Okay erasing Wong's and Sara's memories is just messed up Doc....even if it is for their own good.

I liked the concealment spell here, hah Rintrah the "human"!

Quick search...and yes I was right about "Erlik Khan", the villain idea clearly stems from the Mongolic mythology. Hmm interesting.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, they should use Kaluu more often!

Man I never thought Stephen would willingly be Kaluu's pupil. Interesting take....black magic is dangerous.

This issue was dope.
    I have the power!
    Poor Stephen one eye's blinded.

Well, I've finished STales v.2!
    Some thoughts on issues 11-19:

Stephen is hurting...you can see it in his eyes he really wants his friend Rintrah to warn Stephen....

This Stephen can have Victoria! Normally I'd be pissed off seeing him with her instead of with Clea, but this Stephen is such a wreck smh.

Wait so does that mean Stephen kissed Victoria in the previous issue in order to drain/absorb her powers. wow....

Anyways,

DAAAAMN
    SHUMA-GORATH IS HERE!

Damn did Stephen kill Shuma. That is an impressive feat. :O

"What do you mean you're too shy? You have all the power in the universe!" - Kaluu
    Lmaoooo Kaluu is a savage.

FInally the good old Dr. Strange has returned!
    Hopefully no longer an emo Strange.

Dr. Strange v.3 (?) 1988-1996 run here I come! However, It'll take a while till I finish this one. lol

How do you guys feel about Strange's actions in the NWH trailer?

They're really pushing Stephen as still arrogant, which is a flaw he was supposed to overcome to be a hero. Obviously it makes the story they want to tell possible, but they could have done it without making Strange look irresponsible. I love Cumberbatch's performance, but really he's a long way from the Strange I remember from the comics (pre-Aaron, that is).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    They're really pushing Stephen as still arrogant, which is a flaw he was supposed to overcome to be a hero. Obviously it makes the story they want to tell possible, but they could have done it without making Strange look irresponsible. I love Cumberbatch's performance, but really he's a long way from the Strange I remember from the comics (pre-Aaron, that is).
    So is Spidey and some others tbh.

I just don't get why he didn't tell Peter the rules before starting the spell.And how a little talking disrupts it, I hope they reveal it to be something else.

I do like that they made them friends.

And he did it in the comics because Peter is the best of them(Cable and Spider-man 2099 have said so as well).But that's comics, is Peter that important in the MCU.

Unless he saw some future stuff and knows Peter's important af(which he should be and hopefully marvel grows him up after this) then idk why he did it

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So is Spidey and some others tbh.

I just don't get why he didn't tell Peter the rules before starting the spell.And how a little talking disrupts it, I hope they reveal it to be something else.
    Have you never seen Ghostbusters?

Beyond being a complicated spell, I'm sure focus and desire from both Strange and Peter were components. Beyond the fact that Peter is annoying -- when the subject of the spell (Peter) kept trying to change his 'wish' (i.e. which multiverse he wanted to occupy) in the middle of the spell, of course it went South.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I do like that they made them friends.

And he did it in the comics because Peter is the best of them(Cable and Spider-man 2099 have said so as well).But that's comics, is Peter that important in the MCU.

Unless he saw some future stuff and knows Peter's important af(which he should be and hopefully marvel grows him up after this) then idk why he did it
    Ah well, those two guys. Then it must be true.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 08-24-2021 at 06:15 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm hoping there's more to WHY Strange did the spell, than what we saw in the trailer, but it is a Spider-Man movie. I'm sure his characterization will be sacrificed for Peter's journey. I was actually surprised how much a role Strange played in the movie and am wondering if THIS, not Lokis' decisions, is what sets up Madness of the Multiverse.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well done! I'm so envious of your dedication and reading time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I've read STRANGE TALES (1987 run) issues 1-10:

Both Topaz and Clea are right! Stephen needs to realise that loving Clea isn't a distraction at all smh.

Why is Stephen sad he's killed him? First he calls him a demon and now he calls him a human?!

Thus far, I'm not a fan of Gillis' interpretation of Stephen. The way he acts and behaves around his friends, trying to distance himself, burst moments, moody all the time etc...

Okay erasing Wong's and Sara's memories is just messed up Doc....even if it is for their own good.

I liked the concealment spell here, hah Rintrah the "human"!

Quick search...and yes I was right about "Erlik Khan", the villain idea clearly stems from the Mongolic mythology. Hmm interesting.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, they should use Kaluu more often!

Man I never thought Stephen would willingly be Kaluu's pupil. Interesting take....black magic is dangerous.

This issue was dope.
    I have the power!
    Poor Stephen one eye's blinded.

I definitely need to go back and re-read it. This wasn't exactly the tone I remember, but it's been a while.

I always associate Erlik with the Conan / REH books. Not sure if this is the same one, but it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Well, I've finished STales v.2!
    Some thoughts on issues 11-19:

Stephen is hurting...you can see it in his eyes he really wants his friend Rintrah to warn Stephen....

This Stephen can have Victoria! Normally I'd be pissed off seeing him with her instead of with Clea, but this Stephen is such a wreck smh.

Wait so does that mean Stephen kissed Victoria in the previous issue in order to drain/absorb her powers. wow....

Anyways,

DAAAAMN
    SHUMA-GORATH IS HERE!

Damn did Stephen kill Shuma. That is an impressive feat. :O

"What do you mean you're too shy? You have all the power in the universe!" - Kaluu
    Lmaoooo Kaluu is a savage.

FInally the good old Dr. Strange has returned!
    Hopefully no longer an emo Strange.

Dr. Strange v.3 (?) 1988-1996 run here I come! However, It'll take a while till I finish this one. lol

One does not kill Shuma Gorath. One merely prevents him from entering this dimension.

Of course, not every writer understands this.

Maybe they put the warnings about the spell at the end of the book instead of the front lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It could be a doppelganger or Strange's mind is being subtly influenced by Dormammu or Shuma Gorath or even Mephisto. Some people have pointed out 'off' the Sactum and Strange looks in the trailer and there are clips where it seems like Strange and Spidey are fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Maybe they put the warnings about the spell at the end of the book instead of the front lol
    LOL!

It could be a doppelganger or Strange's mind is being subtly influenced by Dormammu or Shuma Gorath or even Mephisto. Some people have pointed out 'off' the Sactum and Strange looks in the trailer and there are clips where it seems like Strange and Spidey are fighting each other.
    You mean the interior of the Sanctum covered in what looks like snow?

It's a Marvel movie. I think there's usually some hero on hero fighting.

Bleeding Cool posted the comics pages that appeared to have inspired the Spider-Man / Doctor Strange movie scene -- something called One Moment In Time? Strange is pretty arrogant in it, but he's with some fellow Illuminati, so ...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/spid...-one-more-day/

I agree. MCU Strange, and I'd also argue post New Avengers comics Strange (not just Aaron's version) is definitely being portrayed as arrogant and rash. He comes across as childish to me in the trailer. 'I promise not to cast that dangerous spell! *wink* Except I totally WILL cast that spell right now! LOL! Quick, Peter! Let's cast that spell before Dad (Wong) gets home! Oh dear, we broke the Multiverse. Wong' is going to be so mad."

Hopefully it will play out differently in the film than in the trailer. Time will tell.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

It did kind of take me out of it coming off how he was portrayed in IW/Endgame, but I've seen people speculate there might be more than one version of Strange in the movie or Strange is using this as a teachable moment for Peter.

There's a Sorcerer Supreme Strange funko listed for MoM so I think we're building Stephen up to that point.