Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1630

I don't see the MCU ever doing that specifically.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't see the MCU ever doing that specifically.
    I hope not! I don't think Franklin was ever the player type

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Benjamin Franklin would be amusing. I think they are just trying to make things fine tuned. Covid has messed up a lot of things. And might have gotten a lot out of wack.

I don't think Clea is in this, sadly.
    I don't think Clea will show up. Hopefully she will appear in a less crowded Strange movie in the future. As I have said elsewhere, I'm actually happy the delays are happening. Been feeling overwhelmed by Marvel content lately and I definitely need a break. I think Feige definitely understands this. I don't mind more characters in movies and shows. I just prefer older ones who have been in previous Marvel productions so they can get a chance to shine. I'm okay with an Agatha series because I enjoy Hahn's acting. BUT...I understand why folks would be upset that longtime MCU Avengers like Rhodey have to wait longer to star in their own shows after Harkness gets hers. Maybe Clea could show up in Harkness's series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-13-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Strange, so I'll have to check out Stern's work. And the Clea and Franklin thing WAS pretty weird. But from what I understand, good old Benjamin was an avid skirt-chaser back in the 18th century:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advice...ing_a_Mistress

"To be fair, by all accounts Ben Franklin had epic game. Historians spent 200 years censoring his letter “Advice to a Friend on Choosing a Mistress” where he went into detail on how to pick a side piece. Spoiler: Go for experience, not youth. He had experience with both and had strong opinions."

There was a trope that Frankiln was a notorious womanizer and sired dozens of illegitimate children and that story was in vogue up through the early 2000s and was actually perpetrated by tour guides from various historical sites in the Philadelphia area connected to Franklin. This is what Englehart was tapping into on those Doctor Strange stories. Currently there is strong doubt about the veracity of those claims, and there has been zero DNA or other evidence produced to corroborate it, but there were some illusions to it among some of Franklin's critics (especially when he was an ambassador) but it's more likely it was malicious gossip rather than fact, but it wasn't something Englehart was just making up about Franklin for the sake of his story.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Actually, you might be surprised. Franklin was quite the playboy and was considered very handsome and fit in his youth. He had multiple love affairs and at least one out of wedlock child that I can recall (which prompted him to marry a different woman who adopted that child), He had a mistress in Europe (I think it was England but can't recall the specifics) for many years while he had his wife back home. In his later life, he was still considered to be charming, witty, intelligent, and gifted. These days we tend to think of him only as a pudgy old man because we tend to only see images of him from his later years, but he had quite a colorful and romantic life.

All that said, I always found the Franklin/Clea affair to be weirdly out of character for Clea (not for Franklin), especially when she so cheerfully announced that she and Franklin were getting married. "Sorry, love of my life. I'm going to marry this dude from the past that I just met instead. Bye-eee!" What? LOL. I never quite understood what sort of point Englhart was trying to make with this story. Then the next writer quickly handwaved it away by saying it was all just an illusion, but then later on Franklin's ghost shows up in a funny Deadpool story and suddenly it's all real again. LOL. These stories all seemed designed for the writers to torment (or poke fun at) Strange, and Clea is reduced to a mere plot device to show how easy it is to tick off Strange when love is involved. I dunno. I find it all quite amusing.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    There was a trope that Frankiln was a notorious womanizer and sired dozens of illegitimate children and that story was in vogue up through the early 2000s and was actually perpetrated by tour guides from various historical sites in the Philadelphia area connected to Franklin. This is what Englehart was tapping into on those Doctor Strange stories. Currently there is strong doubt about the veracity of those claims, and there has been zero DNA or other evidence produced to corroborate it, but there were some illusions to it among some of Franklin's critics (especially when he was an ambassador) but it's more likely it was malicious gossip rather than fact, but it wasn't something Englehart was just making up about Franklin for the sake of his story.

-M
    Franklin did have at least one illegitimate child, but I doubt he fathered dozens. I suspect that was just people exaggerating his reputation from his younger days because people love salacious gossip, especially when it seems so implausible on the surface.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I don't think Clea will show up. Hopefully she will appear in a less crowded Strange movie in the future. As I have said elsewhere, I'm actually happy the delays are happening. Been feeling overwhelmed by Marvel content lately and I definitely need a break. I think Feige definitely understands this. I don't mind more characters in movies and shows. I just prefer older ones who have been in previous Marvel productions so they can get a chance to shine. I'm okay with an Agatha series because I enjoy Hahn's acting. BUT...I understand why folks would be upset that longtime MCU Avengers like Rhodey have to wait longer to star in their own shows before Harkness gets hers. Maybe Clea could show up in Harkness's series.
    I'm hoping this movie isn't as crowded as the theories. Otherwise the movie will be a mess.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Is the Marvel Cinematic Universe an indictment of toxic masculinity?:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...an-no-way-home

Cumberbatch thought that Stephen was a "very dated, sexist character"?! Seems like Strange is still acting pretty immature in Spider-Man 3. At least to me. So he's probably right about that. Kinda wonder what the reshoots for Strange 2 are all about. I've heard "rumors" that Marvel Studios execs now believe "that they can't do a proper Strange movie unless it includes his greatest nemesis: Benjamin Franklin (which explains the delays)."

All kidding aside, I doubt that the MCU will allow Clea to be Stephen's apprentice AND his live-in girlfriend today. Englehart and Miller rightly deserve praise and credit for growing Doctor Strange's and Daredevil's respective popularities, but I don't think stories from the 70s and 80s would actually work in the movies and shows of today.
    Dear god. What a craptastic article and headline. I thought the Guardian was a real newspaper, not a clickbait rag.

Ben Franklin is Doctor Strange's greatest nemesis?? ROFLMAO!

Dude. Most of these MCU stories are from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Invincible Member

If you have a taste from some prose novels like Marvel used to produce in various partnerships years ago, Marvel has partnered with Aconyte for a series of books under the umbrella of Marvel Untold. One of these will feature Doctor Strange in Crisis Protocol: Shadow Avengers.

Shadow Avengers by Carrie Harris

Doctor Strange created the Shadow Avengers to save the world from Dormammu, but instead they’re on the verge of dissolution. When sudden weather anomalies across the world correspond with Asgardian heroes emerging from portals ripe with Dormammu’s magical signature, the Shadow Avengers realize the “Master” is making his move. Loki, Venom, and Green Goblin are behind a ceremony plotting to open a portal big enough to encompass Dormammu’s presence. From the Sanctum Sanctorum to the streets of NYC to beautiful Wakanda, the Shadow Avengers must stop Dormammu at any cost – but the Master, in all his cunning wisdom, has something greater in store that will doom the world once and for all.

Ordering Information: Shadow Avengers

If this releases like another book of theirs I have, you should be able to get in on Amazon Kindle.
    What's funny about this is that the illustration looks like the regular Avengers, but a few years back Marvel teased a supernatural or Dark Avengers a few times ( a team of Doc, Blade, Man-Thing, all the other horror characters, etc) , but ultimately never gave us a comic.

There was a Spirits of Vengeance comic a couple of years ago with some of their occult heroes but Dr Strange wasn't in it.
    Last edited by ed2962; 11-13-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This is really good. Thanks for posting it. Was this a commission sketch?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's funny about this is that the illustration looks like the regular Avengers, but a few years back Marvel teased a supernatural or Dark Avengers a few times ( a team of Doc, Blade, Man-Thing, all the other horror characters, etc) , but ultimately never gave us a comic.

There was a Spirits of Vengeance comic a couple of years ago with some of their occult heroes but Dr Strange wasn't in it.
    They did a half-hearted version of an Avengers team for the supernatal in the Uncanny Avengers series. It had the Scarlet Witch and at one point Doctor Voodoo on the team. But it was mostly a combination of Avengers & X-Men characters. Doctor Voodoo did have his own series called Doctor Voodoo Avenger of the Supernatural also. I wish they would do a series with the Avengers of the Supernatural. The Dark Avengers mainly was just Osborn's team of villains disguised as heroes but that was about it.

I'm not that familiar with Strange, so I'll have to check out Stern's work. And the Clea and Franklin thing WAS pretty weird. But from what I understand, good old Benjamin was an avid skirt-chaser back in the 18th century:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advice...ing_a_Mistress

"To be fair, by all accounts Ben Franklin had epic game. Historians spent 200 years censoring his letter “Advice to a Friend on Choosing a Mistress” where he went into detail on how to pick a side piece. Spoiler: Go for experience, not youth. He had experience with both and had strong opinions."
    Stern's run is my favorite.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Dear god. What a craptastic article and headline. I thought the Guardian was a real newspaper, not a clickbait rag.

Ben Franklin is Doctor Strange's greatest nemesis?? ROFLMAO!

Dude. Most of these MCU stories are from the 60s, 70s and 80s.
    I meant some of the "problematic" stories of the 70s and 80s from Marvel which would definitely now be seen as sexist and misogynistic today. Sorry for my bad communication skills.
    That article was...Strange. I'm not too sure what the Guardian was getting at there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Stern's run is my favorite.

Oh yeah? I've heard good things about it too. Thanks for the recommendation.