Page 92 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1630

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Stephen I can expect in Spidey stuff because they did a lot of stuff together in Marvel Fanfare. Stephen and Spidey do have some history. That also played out in cartoons.

Other stuff that people are throwing around is way out there.
    If Strange and Parker have that much history in the source material I have ZERO objection to Stephen being in Spidey's new movie. They are two of the most important characters in the Marvel Universe. I'm just concerned that by bringing Wanda's story from WV into the MoM, it will confuse audiences. If the movie focuses on multiversal shenanigans then it's probably just gonna be a continuation of WandaVision and Loki, and lots of moviegoers haven't seen those shows (which WILL cause confusion). I think it's a good thing that Wanda's newfound popularity will help increase anticipation for Strange 2, but I just don't like a lot of the behavior of the Wanda "stans". I know it's a minority, but they're VERY vocal and annoying. And they've gotten a lot of attention recently too (which is NOT GOOD). I consider them to be the MCU's equivalent of the Philadelphia Eagles' fanbase. Both of those fandoms can be REALLY overbearing and insufferable. My brother, who doesn't watch superhero fare, really enjoyed watching Mare of Easttown. It was his favorite show of 2021. And he's a HUGE admirer of Kate Winslet. I don't think awards mean ANYTHING when it comes to art, but my brother was delighted when Kate Winslet won her award. I ALSO happen to like Kate Winslet a lot too. One of the very first movies I ever watched in a theater was Sense and Sensibility (which was so much fun and she was great in it). My brother was NOT happy when Wanda/Olsen "stans" flooded social media saying that she was "robbed" and had her Emmy "stolen" from her. I wish they wouldn't do **** like that. It's not cool. But as you say, the Daredevil stans are probably even worse than Wanda's!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-17-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Stephen I can expect in Spidey stuff because they did a lot of stuff together in Marvel Fanfare. Stephen and Spidey do have some history. That also played out in cartoons.

Other stuff that people are throwing around is way out there.
    Spidey and Strange are lowkey buddies.It sucks they both are MIA and neither got to react to the other's death/coma.(The Spider-man tie in is w/ Ben)

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I thought that cover looked familiar:

Oh yes, I agree. I'm sure it's an intentional homage to this Brunner cover (one of my favorites, by the way). (EDIT: I'm referring to the cover in the announcement for the new ongoing series: https://www.gamesradar.com/strange-n...upreme-marvel/).

It's a great story in this Master of the Mystic Arts issue, too. Strange conquers Death, gets to be a quasi-immortal, and qualifies to be Sorcerer Supreme. When/if he ever does truly die, he gets to become one with the universe, the same as the Ancient One did, so he'd be hanging around the MU for all eternity as a mystical enlightened being. LOL. If they bring back the Ankh in the Death mini-series, I will love it. I haven't seen the Ankh used in a Doctor Strange story in ages.
    Last edited by Clea; 11-17-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If Strange and Parker have that much history in the source material I have ZERO objection to Stephen being in Spidey's new movie. They are two of the most important characters in the Marvel Universe. I'm just concerned that by bringing Wanda's story from WV into the MoM, it will confuse audiences. If the movie focuses on multiversal shenanigans then it's probably just gonna be a continuation of WandaVision and Loki, and lots of moviegoers haven't seen those shows (which WILL cause confusion). I think it's a good thing that Wanda's newfound popularity will help increase anticipation for Strange 2, but I just don't like a lot of the behavior of the Wanda "stans". I know it's a minority, but they're VERY vocal and annoying. And they've gotten a lot of attention recently too (which is NOT GOOD). I consider them to be the MCU's equivalent of the Philadelphia Eagles' fanbase. Both of those fandoms can be REALLY overbearing and insufferable. My brother, who doesn't watch superhero fare, really enjoyed watching Mare of Easttown. It was his favorite show of 2021. And he's a HUGE admirer of Kate Winslet. I don't think awards mean ANYTHING when it comes to art, but my brother was delighted when Kate Winslet won her award. I ALSO happen to like Kate Winslet a lot too. One of the very first movies I ever watched in a theater was Sense and Sensibility (which was so much fun and she was great in it). My brother was NOT happy when Wanda/Olsen "stans" flooded social media saying that she was "robbed" and had her Emmy "stolen" from her. I wish they wouldn't do **** like that. It's not cool. But as you say, the Daredevil stans are probably even worse than Wanda's!
    I have my doubts that much of Wanda's story is in it. A lot of that is stan theory and she doesn't need more story. She had 6 hours of it. I hope she's just there for support. I think it continues the multiverse plot from Disney+ and that culminates eventually in Antman 3. Kind of like how they built up to IW and Endgame from Avengers on.

Stans are stans and will always be that. Whether they are Wanda ones or Arrow ones, etc. Every fandom gets these types that just are beyond the pale. They should be ignored.

There were stans that also have said other actors for other roles were robbed. Social media is a crapshoot.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Spidey and Strange are lowkey buddies.It sucks they both are MIA and neither got to react to the other's death/coma.(The Spider-man tie in is w/ Ben)
    Yeah the deaths and coma are put together in a way that none of the three characters interact or react. And it does suck. It sucks that Marvel is doing this to them to begin with.

Yeah the deaths and coma are put together in a way that none of the three characters interact or react. And it does suck. It sucks that Marvel is doing this to them to begin with.
    I love the friendship between Strange and Spider-Man. I hope the movies don't screw it up, but if they do, it'll be a waste. I consider the MCU to be an alternate universe anyway, but it would be nice for the MCU versions of Strange and Spidey to be friends.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Extraordinary Member

And w/ their biggest films as well.Just hit me both NWH and MOM, also guess whose also dead and in MoM... Wanda(although she'll likely be back by then).

They better make a big comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    I love the friendship between Strange and Spider-Man. I hope the movies don't screw it up, but if they do, it'll be a waste. I consider the MCU to be an alternate universe anyway, but it would be nice for the MCU versions of Strange and Spidey to be friends.
    I like the tension, should have been w/ Tony and Peter from the start.For them I think they won't be enemies but not very friendly either, they will have to rebuild that and hopefully they do.But both will have respect for each other after this so the rebuild friendship would be amazing

I have my doubts that much of Wanda's story is in it. A lot of that is stan theory and she doesn't need more story. She had 6 hours of it. I hope she's just there for support. I think it continues the multiverse plot from Disney+ and that culminates eventually in Antman 3. Kind of like how they built up to IW and Endgame from Avengers on.

Stans are stans and will always be that. Whether they are Wanda ones or Arrow ones, etc. Every fandom gets these types that just are beyond the pale. They should be ignored.

There were stans that also have said other actors for other roles were robbed. Social media is a crapshoot.
    God I hate stans so much. I didn't know Arrow had stans because I don't watch the CW stuff. And that's funny because most of my comic book collection consists of DC books. I just despise their live-action material. I know Bucky and Loki have stans, but Wanda probably has the biggest following for a Marvel female superhero. I don't mind Wanda having her story in Strange 2. It's just that it might complicate things for viewers who haven't watched the Disney Plus shows. Marvel Studios will probably have to explain the rules of its multiverse AGAIN in MoM. Hopefully they stick to them this time. I HATED it when they established that nexus events could not occur before "apocalypses" but then contradicted that later on when two variants falling in love caused one to occur before an apocalypse. This was my reaction to that (LOL):

God I hate stans so much. I didn't know Arrow had stans because I don't watch the CW stuff. And that's funny because most of my comic book collection consists of DC books. I just despise their live-action material. I know Bucky and Loki have stans, but Wanda probably has the biggest following for a Marvel female superhero. I don't mind Wanda having her story in Strange 2. It's just that it might complicate things for viewers who haven't watched the Disney Plus shows. Marvel Studios will probably have to explain the rules of its multiverse AGAIN in MoM. Hopefully they stick to them this time. I HATED it when they established that nexus events could not occur before "apocalypses" but then contradicted that later on when two variants falling in love caused one to occur before an apocalypse. This was my reaction to that (LOL):

Arrow stans are some of the worst. They went as far as to photoshop the head of one of the main actresses on to the head of the real life wife of the main actor. Then got mad that they were never together. Tried to ruin their relationship, so their ship could happen.

It's just beyond anything. It's like Reylos crazy.

I don't think much happened to confuse people about Wanda. Most that happened to her people already expected to happen. A short recap is all that's needed there. If they make the movie a mess of stories that aren't central to Strange, it'll be awful.

They don't need to explain the multiverse. That and it's consequences were already explained in Endgame.

I think the Apocalypse as they predict won't start to happen until it's time for Kang to officially show up. He hasn't really yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Yeah I hope they handle it well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And w/ their biggest films as well.Just hit me both NWH and MOM, also guess whose also dead and in MoM... Wanda(although she'll likely be back by then).

They better make a big comeback

I like the tension, should have been w/ Tony and Peter from the start.For them I think they won't be enemies but not very friendly either, they will have to rebuild that and hopefully they do.But both will have respect for each other after this so the rebuild friendship would be amazing
    I hope they don't get delayed like is rumored so they can bring all this to a close. I'm tired of them killing off heroes and them losing their titles. It's been overdone.

I hope they don't get delayed like is rumored so they can bring all this to a close. I'm tired of them killing off heroes and them losing their titles. It's been overdone.
    It's exhausting. But we're going to see more of it, especially as some of these characters begin to finally lapse into the public domain, as a way to keep control of the properties through their still-not-in-public-domain heirs.

Arrow stans are some of the worst. They went as far as to photoshop the head of one of the main actresses on to the head of the real life wife of the main actor. Then got mad that they were never together. Tried to ruin their relationship, so their ship could happen.

It's just beyond anything. It's like Reylos crazy.

I don't think much happened to confuse people about Wanda. Most that happened to her people already expected to happen. A short recap is all that's needed there. If they make the movie a mess of stories that aren't central to Strange, it'll be awful.

They don't need to explain the multiverse. That and it's consequences were already explained in Endgame.

I think the Apocalypse as they predict won't start to happen until it's time for Kang to officially show up. He hasn't really yet.
    One thing I find amusing and disturbing about stans is how they can't seem to distinguish between real-life and fiction. These characters are totally fake. Sending hateful and threatening messages to actors/actress and directors is absolutely outrageous. To try and break up marriages is NUTS. I totally think stans are increasing hatred for the MCU. These folks are REALLY judgemental and I don't think they have any right to criticize other people's beliefs and values. I believe social media and cable news can be really destructive. Even Maury seems benign compared to that stuff. At least he doesn't take his show seriously at all...And neither do I.

I think some flashbacks of WandaVision and Loki in Strange 2 might get fans up to speed. The movie can combine flashbacks and exposition to make sure audience members understand what's going on. Maybe the re-shoots will bring back Hahn, Bettany, Hiddleston and Di Martino for those reasons. I personally wish they would explain the multiverse "rules" again. A lot of folks were just confused about the machinations of the TVA. I think bringing back Jackman and Stewart is a dumb idea. The Fox versions of Wolverine and Professor X had really satisfactory conclusions to their arcs from what I hear, I would hate to see them brought back for gimmicky reasons. I DO think it's possible that this multiverse stuff could introduce Fox properties into the MCU. From what I understand, the Eternals didn't really set up anything for the introduction of mutants.

And even though I've stated on MANY occasions that I LOVE Stephen acting sarcastic and arrogant in the movies, I do think some of the jokes he made about Scooby-Doo in the latest Spidey trailer bear a troubling resemblance to Flash's jokes about "brunch" in the Justice League movie. To me they totally fell flat and appear to be quite cringey. Marvel...DO BETTER!

One thing I find amusing and disturbing about stans is how they can't seem to distinguish between real-life and fiction. These characters are totally fake. Sending hateful and threatening messages to actors/actress and directors is absolutely outrageous. To try and break up marriages is NUTS. I totally think stans are increasing hatred for the MCU. These folks are REALLY judgemental and I don't think they have any right to criticize other people's beliefs and values. I believe social media and cable news can be really destructive. Even Maury seems benign compared to that stuff. At least he doesn't take his show seriously at all...And neither do I.

I think some flashbacks of WandaVision and Loki in Strange 2 might get fans up to speed. The movie can combine flashbacks and exposition to make sure audience members understand what's going on. Maybe the re-shoots will bring back Hahn, Bettany, Hiddleston and Di Martino for those reasons. I personally wish they would explain the multiverse "rules" again. A lot of folks were just confused about the machinations of the TVA. I think bringing back Jackman and Stewart is a dumb idea. The Fox versions of Wolverine and Professor X had really satisfactory conclusions to their arcs from what I hear, I would hate to see them brought back for gimmicky reasons. I DO think it's possible that this multiverse stuff could introduce Fox properties into the MCU. From what I understand, the Eternals didn't really set up anything for the introduction of mutants.
    They'll always move towards something else. Who knows when things will break between them and the MCU. People seem overly excited for the new stuff. But weren't that excited for Eternals. Maybe there was no ship for them there, lol.

I think they can be caught up pretty fast as well. And a lot of the stuff in Disney+ will continue to play out over a few movies at least.

The Professor X and Wolverine stuff is just based on some random leak that people want to believe because the leaker got other things right. But these people also claimed that X-Men and Netflix properties were gonna be in Endgame and Mephisto in everything. I'm gonna wait and see. Spider-man is doing some of that with putting characters of other universes in the movie. But it seems like the plot is to get rid of them so they don't collapse the universe. We'll see what happens.

I'm just gonna sit over here and hope that Strange's movie is still about him. Because I still very much love him and his support cast. And still am very disappointed in no Clea. Don't continue to let me down, Marvel Studios.

At least merch hasn't leaked anything outrageous yet. Just spoilers:
    Wanda working with the team and Shuma-Gorath
    end of spoilers and we know from what they've already said that Baron Mordo is one of the villains. Rintrah has also been rumored for it. Which would fit better in with Strange's world than some of the other rumors and leaks.