Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Warren Worthington: (Arch)Angel Appreciation 2021

Well here it is, (Arch)Angel's new appreciation thread for the new year. Haven't seen one already so here is this one.

Same deal as last year. I hope you all have a miserable new year . Unless you are able to post and scan pictures. Ten you will be appreciated in this appreciation thread.
    I would wait for someone who can post pictures to star this thread, but then that usually ends up taking weeks for some one else to start an Archangel thread.

So anyway, lets have fun discussing Archangel, and hope that Warren has a bigger role in the X-Comics than he did last year.

My Top Three Favorite Artists for Archangel (Warren Worthington III):

1. Walt Simonson

2. Whilce Portacio

3. Jerome Opeña

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-01-2021 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Hopefully Warren can shine in the upcoming X-Corp book soon !
    That said, we'll see him again soon (well, as an alternate version) in Excalibur #17 as Queen Elizabeth III's lover

Ultimate Member

Maybe it'll make her nostalgic for the real thing, but does it seem that if that's the real her then she's not really "dead"...and could come back...again...

As for Warren he'll probably get overlooked so that Marvel can focus on others sadly...

Happy New Year to Warren and his fans .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've been re-paging (is that a word?) my old Marvel Masterpieces recently, and over the years I don't think there was a Warren card that I didn't love...

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

2. Whilce Portacio

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Thanks for posting all of these great pictures guys. I like them all. I like these two in particular.

Here's another one from the Hildebrant's. Love their use of lighting!

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Here's another one from the Hildebrant's. Love their use of lighting!

Thanks for finding another nice picture.
    It does use nice lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe it'll make her nostalgic for the real thing, but does it seem that if that's the real her then she's not really "dead"...and could come back...again...

As for Warren he'll probably get overlooked so that Marvel can focus on others sadly...
    Dang it, I accidentally keep forgetting to respond to your quote in my other posts in this thread. Sorry LoganAlpha30X33.

It could all be a swerve, but I think that it's fairly obvious that Betsy Braddock is alive and well, in an alternate reality, and that she will return at the end of the current Excalibur story arch.

Warren won't be completely overlooked this year. He does appear on that Rein of X teaser image. Now how big of a role that he will have is what's up in the air a little bit. Archangel could have a recurring role in the upcoming X-Corp comic or something else. Or it could just be a small role somewhere. Those promotional images can be a little misleading. But, I think that Archangel's appearance on that teaser image is a pretty good sign that Warren won't be completely overlooked.

Ultimate Member

The question then becomes of whether or not it'll be one of those things where it's better to not be used than how they were used in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The question then becomes of whether or not it'll be one of those things where it's better to not be used than how they were used in the end...
    Ah, I think that it's a bit early to say whether or not Warren would be better off being left in comic limbo. I'd rather see him used than not used. And besides, if Warren does appear in X-Corp it would give him a chance for some different stories to be told with him. He usually doesn't get many stories about his business company. And, I'm pretty sure that your one of the guys that wants to see more stories involving Archangel's business company. Apologies if I am wrong.
    I just think that you are being a little to pessimistic to soon here.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-03-2021 at 04:51 AM.

This is hands down the best I’ve ever seen Warren look/handled...:

^^^Bagley made him look dashing af, and the sequence itself really gave it a swashbuckling Nightwing vibe, as Warren just flew circles around the T Bolts. Busiek let us know that Warren’s been perfecting his style for years, while other flyers might just use their ability to get from point A to point B. Busiek also made sure we knew how good looking Warren is.

^^^the next issue we get another line that builds up Warren’s flying as he mentions thinking in three dimensions.
    This is the sleek look and characterization Warren should always have imho.

I don't think I've read that issue since it's release, thanks for the scans! Busiek & Bagley really captured Warren well in those scenes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Ah, I think that it's a bit early to say whether or not Warren would be better off being left in comic limbo. I'd rather see him used than not used. And besides, if Warren does appear in X-Corp it would give him a chance for some different stories to be told with him. He usually doesn't get many stories about his business company. And, I'm pretty sure that your one of the guys that wants to see more stories involving Archangel's business company. Apologies if I am wrong.
    I just think that you are being a little to pessimistic to soon here.
    For me it's hoping for the best but preparing for the worst kind of a thing...hoping that I get pleasantly surprised...